News Anchors Stun Audience & Resign Live On-Air: Told to Do ‘Unbalanced News, Politic

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
News Anchors Stun Audience & Resign Live On-Air: Told to Do ‘Unbalanced News, Politically’​

By: Madeleine Morgenstern
November 21, 2012

Two Maine news anchors resigned together at the end of Tuesday’s broadcast after “a longstanding battle with upper management over journalistic practices” including being expected to do politically unbalanced news, the Bangor Daily News reported.

Cindy Michaels and Tony Consiglio announced at the end of WVII-TV’s 6 p.m. newscast that it would be their final broadcast together.

“And finally tonight, this will be Tony and my final show together here on ABC 7,” Michaels said. “The last six years have been an interesting and enjoyable time for both of us as we have been the longest running news team in Bangor.”

Consiglio said “some recent developments have come to our attention though and departing together is the best alternative we can take.”

The Daily News reported both anchors were frustrated with the way they were told to do their jobs. They were “expected to do somewhat unbalanced news, politically.” Neither one said which political leaning that was.

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Maine WVII News Anchors Cindy Michaels and Tony Consiglio Resign Together Live On-Air, Told to Do ‘Unbalanced News, Politically’ | TheBlaze.com/

I can't find it but another story I read on this claimed the station had banned all climate change stories from the air, so maybe you can infer what the political lean was.

Forum List

Back