Newly Unearthed Obama Video: “Rich people are all for nonviolence... They’ve got what

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Newly Unearthed Obama Video: “Rich people are all for nonviolence... They’ve got what they want.”
Patterico.com ^ | 10/3/2012 | Patterico

In the wake of the Daily Caller’s release of President Obama cheering Rev. Wright and invoking the race card in various ways, our friend Morgen Richmond decided the time was right to release some little-known Obama video of his own. He authorized me to release the video here first. Patterico's Pontifications » Newly Unearthed Obama Video: “Rich people are all for nonviolence. Why wouldn’t they be? They’ve got what they want.”

The following clips are from 2002. Obama is speaking in a church at a 2002 Martin Luther King Jr. Day memorial service.

The full speech is here, and by and large it is a nice speech by a rising politician. Obama speaks about the need for empathy in society, about taking responsibility for our actions, and the audacity of hope. He levels barbs at the wealthy and unempathetic, but also criticizes those who blame the system for the arrest of O.J. Simpson and the crack epidemic. Although the audio quality is poor because of the echo in the church, one can tell that Obama is well spoken and articulate. Joe Biden would have been proud.

But there are a few times when the mask slips, just a little.

My favorite clip is this one, where he speaks of Dr. King’s philosophy of non-violence, and explains that it works only when there is empathy:

Video clip. Obama 2002 MLK speech: "Rich people are all for non-violence", unless they are perpetrating it - YouTube

Transcript:

The philosophy of nonviolence only makes sense if the powerful can be made to recognize themselves in the powerless. It only makes sense if the powerless can be made to recognize themselves in the powerful. You know, the principle of empathy gives broader meaning, by the way, to Dr. King’s philosophy of nonviolence. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but rich people are all for nonviolence. Why wouldn’t they be? They’ve got what they want. They want to make sure people don’t take their stuff. But the principle of empathy recognizes that there are more subtle forms of violence to which we are answerable. The spirit of empathy condemns not only the use of firehoses and attack dogs to keep people down but also accountants and tax loopholes to keep people down. I’m not saying that what Enron executives did to their employees is the moral equivalent of what Bull Connor did to black folks, but I’ll tell you what, the employees at Enron feel violated. When a company town sees its plant closing because some distant executives made some decision despite the wage concessions, despite the tax breaks, and they see their entire economy collapsing, they feel violence . . .

And the class warfare talk never ends.

What Obama really thought about the Clinton years. Quote: “Among African American males, one third to one fourth caught up in the criminal justice system, so that the number of young men incarcerated exceeded the number enrolled in colleges and universities. Throughout the nation inequality up, trust in mutuality down . . . the evidence was there if we cared to look.”

Obama on empathy, the powerful, and the prison industrial complex. Quote: “It’s hard to imagine that the powerful in our society would tolerate the burgeoning prison industrial complex if they imagined that the black men and Latino men that are being imprisoned were something like their sons.”

Local funding of schools is “fundamentally unjust.” Quote: “And Illinois, like many states in the country, has an education system that is funded by property taxes. It is fundamentally unjust. So you have folks up in Winnetka, pupils who are getting five times as much money per student as students in the South Side of Chicago.”

The full clip on YouTube.

If you use any of these clips or transcripts, please credit Morgen, and mention that you saw them here first.

wow, this fucker is a marxist. So this asshole thinks we should let criminals run free?

Last edited:
Welcome to October! The month of tiny time pills which are released at different times to give continuous coverage.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Banned
So Obama doesn't think that a person that harms someone should go to jail??? I can understand that there's a problem, but I don't think allowing them all out is a good idea.

My solution is to remove the Unions from Education and then demand higher standards from the teachers. Once we do that then maybe we can pour more money in.

Last edited:
How is that marxist? It's true. You step on the peasants long and hard enough, and they will eventually revolt and TAKE what they need from the oppressors. Did you never hear of a little thing called the French Revolution? If you have a society where basic human survival depends on acquiring money, this is what you have to take into account.

In other words, a rising tide lifts all boats.

• Banned
How is that marxist? It's true. You step on the peasants long and hard enough, and they will eventually revolt and TAKE what they need from the oppressors. Did you never hear of a little thing called the French Revolution? If you have a society where basic human survival depends on acquiring money, this is what you have to take into account.

In other words, a rising tide lifts all boats.

Marxs thought of it as a class struggle. Think about that. Honestly, what's stopping them from opening up a business and making money?

-Unemployment
-Food stamps
-SSD
-SSI
-section 8
-WIC
-ect

So it isn't like blacks are left with nothing.

Last edited:
  • Banned
What do we know from the last two days.
-White people exploit blacks
-White people give blacks a zero sum society=Some how we're holding the black man down. Maybe they should look at themselves???
-He blames our government as racist against blacks for Katrina
-He thinks we should move the wealth from one area of society to another.
-He thinks that black thugs that hurt people shouldn't go to jail for their crimes.
-He thinks the police are to hard on the criminal.
-He believes that the poor should consider violence in a marxist way.

Wow, should be clear.

Last edited:
Newly Unearthed Obama Video: “Rich people are all for nonviolence... They’ve got what they want.”

In the wake of the Daily Caller’s release of President Obama cheering Rev. Wright and invoking the race card in various ways, our friend Morgen Richmond decided the time was right to release some little-known Obama video of his own. He authorized me to release the video here first. Patterico's Pontifications » Newly Unearthed Obama Video: “Rich people are all for nonviolence. Why wouldn’t they be? They’ve got what they want.”

The following clips are from 2002. Obama is speaking in a church at a 2002 Martin Luther King Jr. Day memorial service.

The full speech is here, and by and large it is a nice speech by a rising politician. Obama speaks about the need for empathy in society, about taking responsibility for our actions, and the audacity of hope. He levels barbs at the wealthy and unempathetic, but also criticizes those who blame the system for the arrest of O.J. Simpson and the crack epidemic. Although the audio quality is poor because of the echo in the church, one can tell that Obama is well spoken and articulate. Joe Biden would have been proud.

My favorite clip is this one, where he speaks of Dr. King’s philosophy of non-violence, and explains that it works only when there is empathy:

Video clip. Obama 2002 MLK speech: "Rich people are all for non-violence", unless they are perpetrating it - YouTube

Transcript:

The philosophy of nonviolence only makes sense if the powerful can be made to recognize themselves in the powerless. It only makes sense if the powerless can be made to recognize themselves in the powerful. You know, the principle of empathy gives broader meaning, by the way, to Dr. King’s philosophy of nonviolence. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but rich people are all for nonviolence. Why wouldn’t they be? They’ve got what they want. They want to make sure people don’t take their stuff. But the principle of empathy recognizes that there are more subtle forms of violence to which we are answerable. The spirit of empathy condemns not only the use of firehoses and attack dogs to keep people down but also accountants and tax loopholes to keep people down. I’m not saying that what Enron executives did to their employees is the moral equivalent of what Bull Connor did to black folks, but I’ll tell you what, the employees at Enron feel violated. When a company town sees its plant closing because some distant executives made some decision despite the wage concessions, despite the tax breaks, and they see their entire economy collapsing, they feel violence . . .

What Obama really thought about the Clinton years. Quote: “Among African American males, one third to one fourth caught up in the criminal justice system, so that the number of young men incarcerated exceeded the number enrolled in colleges and universities. Throughout the nation inequality up, trust in mutuality down . . . the evidence was there if we cared to look.”

Obama on empathy, the powerful, and the prison industrial complex. Quote: “It’s hard to imagine that the powerful in our society would tolerate the burgeoning prison industrial complex if they imagined that the black men and Latino men that are being imprisoned were something like their sons.”

Local funding of schools is “fundamentally unjust.” Quote: “And Illinois, like many states in the country, has an education system that is funded by property taxes. It is fundamentally unjust. So you have folks up in Winnetka, pupils who are getting five times as much money per student as students in the South Side of Chicago.”

If you use any of these clips or transcripts, please credit Morgen, and mention that you saw them here first.

wow, this fucker is a marxist. So this asshole thinks we should let criminals run free?

Truth hurts like a MOFU, doesn't it.

Possessing a doobie three times does not justify life in prison. Black go to prison for reason that elite whites do not. Men may be created equal but sure as hell not treated equal. but that is about to change for good.

Last edited:

Transcript:

Local funding of schools is “fundamentally unjust.” Quote: “And Illinois, like many states in the country, has an education system that is funded by property taxes. It is fundamentally unjust. So you have folks up in Winnetka, pupils who are getting five times as much money per student as students in the South Side of Chicago

Truth hurts like a MOFU, doesn't it.

Possessing a doobie three times does not justify life in prison. Black go to prison for reason that elite whites do not. Men may be created equal but sure as hell not treated equal. but that is about to change for good.

I think we should legalize some drugs, but it wouldn't be a good idea to reduce the prison sectice for violent crimes.

This piece of shit didn't even vote for the funds after Katrina.

Obama voted AGAINST aid to Katrina victims and for Alaska Bridge to Nowhere
Youtube ^ | October 12, 2008 | youtube

Obama Voted Against Money for Katrina SUCK THAT KANYE WEST - YouTube

Scared white people make me laugh.

People that can't accept the facts when they're layed down on the table=stupid.

What, scared white conservative?

Forum List

Back