Newly released court documents cast doubt on Gingrich version of first divorce

Wow, not seeing it, guy. If she asked for a divorce, it was incumbant upon him to file the papers. The issue in dispute isn't whether they want the marriage to end, but how to divide property and how much alimony should be paid.

Any guy who has gone through a divorce will tell you the man usually gets screwed in these proceedings...
Fail. She never wanted it.

Read the documents.

Her 1985 Vanity Fair interview also clearly states it was never her who wanted it.

Newt's own WORDS at the time said it was HE who wanted it.

He was drinking himself insane and fucking chicks on the desks. His aides and campaign managers were disgusted by it

well that shouldn't bother you all..We already had a President like that..
and this is what you call vetting...my ass. it's tabloid gossip

This^^^^^ from the person who posted an article from the "Globe" a few days ago....... :rofl:

Humm.. Where have I heard of this tactic before?

RYAN DROPS OUT OF RACE

Ryan Statement:

Thirteen months ago, I announced my determination to seek the Republican nomination for the United States Senate. I entered this race because I love my country and my home state of Illinois - and because I believe that one man, living for purposes larger than himself, can make a difference.

The media has gotten out of control. The fact that the Chicago Tribune sues for access to sealed custody documents and then takes unto itself the right to publish details of a custody dispute - over the objections of two parents who agree that the re-airing of their arguments will hurt their ability to co-parent their child and will hurt their child - is truly outrageous.

The debate between competing visions and philosophies is a vital one - one the voters of Illinois absolutely deserve. Elections, after all, are about choices. But it's clear to me that a vigorous debate on the issues most likely could not take place if I remain in the race.

What would take place, rather, is a brutal, scorched-earth campaign - the kind of campaign that has turned off so many voters, the kind of politics I refuse to play.

Accordingly, I am today withdrawing from the race.

To the 234,000 Republican voters who cast a ballot for me in March, to the thousands of supporters and volunteers who have invested in our campaign the two most precious resources they have - their time and their money - I say thank you. I will never be able to properly express the depth of my gratitude for the trust you placed in me.

House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert Statement:

Jack Ryan made the right decision. I know it must have been a difficult one.

The Illinois Republican Party is fortunate to have a number of talented and qualified candidates who would represent our state well in Washington, D.C. I am confident the party will select a candidate who will unite Republicans throughout this state and quickly launch a winning campaign based on substantive issues that are of importance to Illinois voters.

Last edited:
Really??? Was he found guilty of any of those charges?? Your problem with Bill Clinton was that he was a liberal Democrat.

Why was he disbarred? doyathink?

Exactly, Willow. He was impeached and disbarred as well as never ever being elected to any political office afterwards. You make an excellent point about how wrong what he did was.

So you agree that Newt has NO BUSINESS running for President and you would never ever vote for such a person.....right?

wrong. I didn't dis bar Bill,, his buddies did. He still was a lousy president but I think getting his dick sucked by an intern in the oval office probably didn't play a factor in his lousiness. his lieturd genes did though.

Benign tumor means no cancer, thankfully, though I feel for anyone who experiences any health problems. Newt did not ask his wife for a divorce while she was "dying from cancer" as the left likes to claim. She wanted the divorce and they were already separated when Newt took the kids to see her in the hospital. The divorce was discussed many times, including one of the hospital visits. Some simpletons cannot look at all the details and tend to take a few facts, then add some drama and repeat it as the truth.

It is this visit that has turned into the infamous hospital visit about which many untruths have been told. I won’t repeat them. You can look them up online if you are interested in untruths. But here’s what happened:
My mother and father were already in the process of getting a divorce, which she requested.
Dad took my sister and me to the hospital to see our mother.
She had undergone surgery the day before to remove a tumor.
The tumor was benign.

Bookworm Room » Rebutting the “Gingrich abandons cancer-stricken wife” canard

(The professor is still a lawyer looking at the legal paperwork from a lawyer's frame of mind)

"•CNN dug up Newt’s 30 year old divorce file (h/t jimzinsocal in Tip Line), and what is amazing is how little there is in it. This is no Jack Ryan file. Nonetheless CNN is trying to make it into a big story claiming that it is inconsistent with Newt’s assertion that his wife originally wanted the divorce. Since Newt actually filed the divorce petition, and his wife initially pleaded that there were grounds for divorce but she did not seek one “at this time,” CNN says it contradicts Newt’s claims. Actually, there may have been strategic reasons for pleading this way, since she also asked for a split of assets and other things we normally associate with a divorce. They settled soon after. Before the Romney supporters start gloating, wait until legal files regarding lawsuits involving Bain appear, if he gets the nomination, and legal pleadings are taken out of context, or when the lawn care company owner and employees mysteriously remember that Romney knew illegals were working at his property. (Yeah, I’ll probably jump to his defense, I’m just that way.)"

» What a day - Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion

I have a wife already and i wouldnt replace her period.

Unlike you who i would replace with a monkey.

ya I know you do..give her my condolences..
see ya..going out to dinner with my son who is visiting from Alaska..

From Alaska? I thought you said YOU were in Alaska....the plot thickens.

good grief, if your pointy little head is so curious...I just moved from Alaska after living there for 17 years...93-09..
I got tired of the winters and darkness during them, my son a senior in high school now stayed with his dad. And oh my gawd..........I'm D-I-V-O-R-C-E-D..

Benign tumor means no cancer, thankfully, though I feel for anyone who experiences any health problems. Newt did not ask his wife for a divorce while she was "dying from cancer" as the left likes to claim. She wanted the divorce and they were already separated when Newt took the kids to see her in the hospital. The divorce was discussed many times, including one of the hospital visits. Some simpletons cannot look at all the details and tend to take a few facts, then add some drama and repeat it as the truth.

It is this visit that has turned into the infamous hospital visit about which many untruths have been told. I won’t repeat them. You can look them up online if you are interested in untruths. But here’s what happened:
My mother and father were already in the process of getting a divorce, which she requested.
Dad took my sister and me to the hospital to see our mother.
She had undergone surgery the day before to remove a tumor.
The tumor was benign.
Bookworm Room » Rebutting the “Gingrich abandons cancer-stricken wife” canard
She'd just gone through two other operations for cancer - YES - uterine cancer... and they only found out the last tumor was benign when they TOOK IT OUT. She had been undergoing cancer treatments for two fucking years -- WHILE SHE BEAT THE BAND ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL WITH NEWT TRYING TO GET HIM ELECTED -- Sucking chemotherapy and undergoing radiation treatments all the while.
Newt did not hesitate to mention that in his campaign speeches as he was trying to get elected in his premier run for US Congress.

And !

She did that just after she had worked night and day helping to put him through grad school and attain his doctorate. Eat that.

Yeah, it was *her* who wanted the divorce.
People experiencing cancer are always gug-ho to split from the family and the ones they had just devoted their lives to. Give me a break!

She still had cancer, it was just in remission. It came back in 2005. She beat it again.

Jackie Gingirich is one hell of a strong woman. You should admire her,

Last edited:
It cracks me up that the conservative right wing bunch were very interested in Bill Clinton's love life. But now they say that kind of information is not relevant. Hypocrites!!!!

Rape, sexual assault, sexual harassment, perjury and obstruction of justice are the liberal conception of a candidate's "love life" if he's a Democrat.

LOL, one out of three...let him run on that then..
I'm pretty sure the American people aren't looking at Newts divorces as important. but it's funny as hell to you all twist yourself in knots over it.

These turds keep claiming they hope Newt gets the nomination. Yet, they are doing everything they can to 86 his nomination. One would have to assume that their claim isn't sincere.

LOL, one out of three...let him run on that then..
I'm pretty sure the American people aren't looking at Newts divorces as important. but it's funny as hell to you all twist yourself in knots over it.

These turds keep claiming they hope Newt gets the nomination. Yet, they are doing everything they can to 86 his nomination. One would have to assume that their claim isn't sincere.
Maybe we just hate seeing slimeballs being elevated to positions of glory, even knowing they will fail.

Maybe we just hate seeing slimeballs being elevated to positions of glory, even knowing they will fail.

Obviously not. You have recently elected two to the Presidency, and Congress is overpopulated with Democrat slime balls.

I don't recall Newt claiming he was running on those issues.
Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllly Shhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt!

You
have GOT
to
be
kidding
me???

I assume you can quote him then.
I'm a little bit too busy now, nor have the care to dig up quotes and things anyone who actually pays attention to politics knows...not to mention it's hard for me to give a sweet curly crap when the poster I'm responding to I am convinced is actually the rude toddler in his avatar.

Go on believing Newt did or doesn't campaign on "family values." See if I care.

Full Transcript of NBC Dateline report on Juanita Broaddrick (plus fax to Hillary asking for help)

Juanita Broaddrick’s story begins in 1978 — she was a registered nurse who had started her own nursing home in Van Buren, Arkansas.

Bill Clinton was the state attorney general who was running for governor:

Juanita Broaddrick: “I thought he was just something that was gonna be really good for Arkansas. Thought he was a very charismatic man, that had bright ideas for our state… I just really liked him.”
======================================================================================================================

--Transcript courtesy of NBC News

Edited. Next time post a few sentences of text. Thanks!

Except we never really were.

Our problem with CLinton was not that he was a horndog. We knew he was a horndog when he was elected.

Our problem with him was that he used the power of his office to cover up, pay off or intimidate the objects of his affection

Getting a blow job from Monica Lewinsky wasn't a crime.

Getting her a $40,000 a year job at the Penatgon when she couldn't write a memorandum was.

Lying about it in court was.

Getting other people to lie was.

Hiding evidence was.

Really??? Was he found guilty of any of those charges?? Your problem with Bill Clinton was that he was a liberal Democrat.

Why was he disbarred? doyathink?

I know why. For the Lewinsky affair. And it was only for 5 years, genius. If he had been GWB it would not have been an issue. But he was to dumb to be a lawyer anyway.

Fuckin Aye Man. Talk about a wall of text!

Listen up chimp: Broderick signed an affidavit, under penalty of perjury -- saying Clinton never harassed her, much less raped her.

End of story.

She's a liar without credibility.

That's why she is a ****footnote in the tired litany of shit thrown at Clinton - who is a horndog, to be sure - but not a rapist, or murderer, or most of the other slime you guys threw at him.

Forum List

Back