Newly Enlisted

pegwinn said:
Kancer,
Well done young one.
It takes a special kind of audacity to set yourself up to suceed like you have done.

Since I did my 22 as a Marine, my advice will be more generic than most. For specifics on how to succeed as a professional Soldier, call on your CSM here on the board.

First: If you did not join with the absolute conviction that bleeding and dying for your country is OK, you made a mistake. It aint about bennies, it's about making a difference in something bigger than you.

Second: Don't pay any attention to that "Warrior Mentality" BS. A warrior is a single fighter with awesome skill. He is also cold meat on the table of a team of trained Soldiers or Marines. In other words young one, learn to shoot, salute, drill, and kill. Make sure that you understand that there is never an "I" in TEAM.

Last: There are three types of information. Need to know, Good to know, and nice to know. ASking "why" is nice to know. Not normally appreciated by your Drill Sergeant (Drill Instructor for Marines) nor tolerated by the Company First Sergeant. Asking "why" becomes Good to Know only after you make Corporal.

Good Luck, come back when you've formally earned your beret and tell us about it.
though it may be "generic" it is good advice... you obviously know what you are talking about so I will take your advice... and though it would be hard for me.. I do have to keep the why thing under control.. lol.. thanks..

For all the unbelievers out there I know a guy that just recently graduated with a bachelor’s degree form a state institution a week after he turned 19. He started collage part time at age 15.

Also have a niece that stating college part time next year at the age 16. It look as if high schools are finally doing something right, their sending good student to college early.

kancer43 said:
you my friend are the epitemy of ignorance... Anyways...

That would be "epitome," and I don't think you know enough about Mr. P to cast aspersions (yet).

Best of luck to you in the Army.....

kancer43 said:
you my friend are the epitemy of ignorance... Anyways...

what are the odds that there would be a typo in that flame?

on a more serious note....congrats....thank you....and god speed

Forum List

Back