Newly discovered planet may be habitable

Shame Obama gutted the Constellation space program.

Guess we'll be calling that planet "New China".

Huh? We should get to the new planet by way of the Moon? The Constellation program gutted further Moon exploration, period.

Requesting some $19 billion for NASA in fiscal 2011, the administration announced plans to pump an additional $6 billion into NASA's budget over the next five years to kick-start development of a new commercial manned spaceflight capability, including some $500 million in 2011.
Read more: Obama ends moon program, endorses private spaceflight | The Space Shot - CNET News

C'mon Maggie, this might be rocket science, but it ain't that hard.

If we can't even get to the Moon again, we sure as hell ain't going anywhere else.

Private spaceflight has just barely managed to reach a stable Earth orbit. Something NASA did half a century ago.

We are falling behind, and soon we will lose the scientists and engineers with the skillsets required to continue pursuing American space exploration.

Lucky for us we can watch the Chinese, Russians, and Japanese manned flights to the Moon, Mars and beyond in 3D. :doubt:

If there were something valuable actually ON the Moon, I might agree with you.

We're going to be paying the Russians some bigtime money to get to the space station in the near future. I think this is Obama politics for global redistribution of wealth....going through the back door.
He's also doing this in the Gulf of mexico.

Since the International Space Station is a joint effort, the costs of deploying each shuttle is shared. And cost it does:

The Space Review: Costs of US piloted programs

Clinton and the Democrats killed the SSC, remember?

I remember he had a balanced budget until Dubya said, "let's start another war".

Clinton balanced the budget by killing the biggest "Big Science" project on planet Earth, and that makes you proud?

Large Hadron Collider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What? We didn't own the technology to that, and shouldn't have been funding it. The collider is doing quite well these days, even without the US money. Imagine that.

Forum List

Back