Newest Example of the Double Standard

I also found this argument interesting in 2004, when some accused Bush of "stealing" the election again by supposedly rigging voting machines in Ohio to switch 150,000 votes, forgetting that Bush won the popular vote by ~3 million.

Did you forget that the popular vote is ultimately irrelevant?

I don't think Republicans believe in the right of a political party to choose a process by which to nominate a candidate.

hey i am all for each part making their rules....and if a party wants to cherry pick the results to make a point go for it.....

but actions have consequences......

she only one the popular vote if you ...... don't count the cacus states obama won ...... and you do count the two states they all agreed not to run in.....
manu
they DID NOT all agree ''NOT to RUN'' in these states, they agreed ''not to CAMPAIGN or Advertise'' in these states prior to the ''early'' 4 state primaries....that's it, this was their pledges given and signed off on to the early 4 states.

care/jd

the popular vote within an individual state is quite important in the pres election and pres primaries.....and also within state and local races as well....

OK, thanks for stating the obvious, but I wasn't referring to the popular vote within and individual state.

But it still stands anyway, as ultimately the authority to appoint electors rests with a state's legislature. If the Florida legislature had wanted to end the recount all they had to do was appoint a slate of electors.

Last edited:
I was sitting at work today, pondering about the election, and something came to me. I didn't realize it before.

In 2000, (whether the recount was finished or not) Then Governor Bush lost the national popular vote, as well as the popular vote in the state of Florida. The Democrats complained and moaned with statements like "Bush stole the election" or "His brother got Florida for him" ect. Democrats claimed that then Vice President Gore was the rightful President. The Democrats said the same things in 2004, and some still complain about it now.

Now in the 2008 Presidential Primary for Democrats, Hillary Clinton wins the popular vote, but loses the Delegate and Superdelegate counts.... and NO ONE is saying anything! Where are those Democrats who complained and moaned that Bush "stole" the election? Here is the "supposed" same situation (Primary or Election - doesn't make a difference) and now most of the Democrats are quiet. Come on, whine and moan about it..... I'm waiting. What? Nothing? Why is this?

My opinion is that the Democrats always blame Republicans for anything and everything that goes wrong, opposes the Dems, or whatever is convenient for them. Then when virtually the same thing happens to them they don't make a peep. They don't want to paint Barack H. Obama the same way that the Democrats painted Bush. They don't want to make him look like a "thief who stole the election." They don't want to lose. They do what is convenient for them. When they lost, they blamed Bush. Now they elected a candidate the the majority did not support, and not a sound. They can't paint Obama the same as they did Bush because it wouldn't look good for them.

You placed the "standard." Why do you not stick to it???? Typical liberals....

You left out the part where they went berserk over voters in FL being "disenfranchised" because of administrative errors by voters; yet, first the DNC went to disenfranchise two entire states, followed by a deal that flat-out screwed Hillary.

They stuck to their standard ... hypocrisy.

Do you really not understand what happened as it regards the primary votes in FLA this election cycle?

You are comparing wildly different events here.

I was sitting at work today, pondering about the election, and something came to me. I didn't realize it before.

In 2000, (whether the recount was finished or not) Then Governor Bush lost the national popular vote, as well as the popular vote in the state of Florida. The Democrats complained and moaned with statements like "Bush stole the election" or "His brother got Florida for him" ect. Democrats claimed that then Vice President Gore was the rightful President. The Democrats said the same things in 2004, and some still complain about it now.

Now in the 2008 Presidential Primary for Democrats, Hillary Clinton wins the popular vote, but loses the Delegate and Superdelegate counts.... and NO ONE is saying anything! Where are those Democrats who complained and moaned that Bush "stole" the election? Here is the "supposed" same situation (Primary or Election - doesn't make a difference) and now most of the Democrats are quiet. Come on, whine and moan about it..... I'm waiting. What? Nothing? Why is this?

My opinion is that the Democrats always blame Republicans for anything and everything that goes wrong, opposes the Dems, or whatever is convenient for them. Then when virtually the same thing happens to them they don't make a peep. They don't want to paint Barack H. Obama the same way that the Democrats painted Bush. They don't want to make him look like a "thief who stole the election." They don't want to lose. They do what is convenient for them. When they lost, they blamed Bush. Now they elected a candidate the the majority did not support, and not a sound. They can't paint Obama the same as they did Bush because it wouldn't look good for them.

You placed the "standard." Why do you not stick to it???? Typical liberals....

I am an older, lifelong Democrat, and I was screaming bloody murder regarding the hypocrisy that was plain as day to me.....

The DNC screwed the Clinton Campaign from the beginning with every ruling they made and INTENTIONALLY MADE CERTAIN that the way they ruled on all of this would PUT Obama in the position he was in when the last Primary was over imho.

Turns out, Clinton WAS NOT and NEVER WAS the pick of the DNC....Clinton was NOT the insider....(no woman for these dudes and dudettes would be President....and they made sure of it, as said.)

I think it was very hypocritical of the DNC regarding fighting for every last vote in Florida during 2000, regardless of whether rule timelines had run out...regardless if the ballot had a hanging chad or even a dimple to indicate what the VOTER WANTED....the citizen's vote was the only thing that mattered at the time....(while in this primary, all they kept saying is we want this thing over, Hillary should resign and quit before all the voters even had a chance to cast their votes... :( )

yeahhhh, there was hypocrisy to the hilt in this primary by the DNC imho, and heads need to spin on this....people in the DNC should be fired, starting with Dean, then the rules committee heads. :(

care

You left out the part where they went berserk over voters in FL being "disenfranchised" because of administrative errors by voters; yet, first the DNC went to disenfranchise two entire states, followed by a deal that flat-out screwed Hillary.

They stuck to their standard ... hypocrisy.

Sorry but I don't think the administrative errors that caused 325 people to be purged from the voter rolls for crimes they were apparently committing in the FUTURE was caused by the voter's error. Neither were the thousands of other mostly black people who were erroneously placed on the purge list for misdemeanors and citations such as falling asleep on a bus stop bench in 1959 or a speeding ticket from 1990, or the 4917 people on the list that were convicted of a crime on no particular date whatsoever.

Apparently purging eligible voters from the rolls is something Republicans consider fair practice.

Being a libertarian and enjoying great irony, watching women and african americans sitting around and stealing other peoples votes who were not as politically well-off as they were was quite a sight. It's not shocking, sadly, because that is the DNC: a racist, sexist, hypocritical body of idiots that has a perverse, distorted interpretation of reality.

Even more ironic, in both of Obama's books he said that one of the few things that ties Americans together is that they all want their votes counted. Heh.

He should stick to his vapid "change. Hope for change. Change for hope. Hope and Change. Change this hope. Hope this change. ad infinitum" The ignorant dumbocrat masses love it every time. Oh, look, a black man that can conjugate his verbs properly!! He's got my vote!

Last edited:
For Hill to lose to a candidate that has the media in his back pocket is the supreme irony. The fact(s) that the electorate had the good sense to elect the right guy (GW BUSH) in 00 and 04 leads me to believe that said electorate with even its new idiot additions, ( that are the end product of fifty years of dumbing down our young), will do the right thing by the grace of our Creator and put the right,( and last), old lion in the oval office. Opinion by the 'ol perfessor

Forum List

Back