Newbie question

tresha

Oct 9, 2008
DFW Texas
Is it not possible to use a different color font?
If not, whyfor is it that box up there?
If it is possible, how the hell you do it?
Thanks!

Thanks!

You can use it, using basic HTML commands.. Just type in the word for the color you want to use, and open/close it the way you would any other tags.

blahcoloredtextblah

You can use it, using basic HTML commands.. Just type in the word for the color you want to use, and open/close it the way you would any other tags.

blahcoloredtextblah

Well, thanks for the astonishingly quick response. Truly impressive.
Sadly, it is assuming wayyyy too much about my computer *cough* 'skills'. Up until a few months ago I thought HTML stood for "hotmail".

There is a large "A" up yonder in the margin above this here box I'm typing in. When I hover my mouse thingy over it, it says "colors". That's not the way to access them?

Sadly, it is assuming wayyyy too much about my computer *cough* 'skills'. Up until a few months ago I thought HTML stood for "hotmail".

There is a large "A" up yonder in the margin above this here box I'm typing in. When I hover my mouse thingy over it, it says "colors". That's not the way to access them?

click the button and you will see COLOR="black" in brackets.

Just change the word black to whatever other color you want.

BTW the color chart comes up if you use the quick reply box and you can just click on the color square you want.

AOL, right?

I've got amazing response time don't I?
Please. Give me some credit, after all my sentences are generally in order and words spelled correctly unless obviously done for effect. I should think this would demonstrate at least moderate knowledge of a keyboard.:lol:
I indicated I was a novice not brain dead.

:rofl:

The color dropdown box doesn't work (for me). WHen I click it, all I get is a funky little white box that appears on the right side of the bullet icon. I have to manually code color commands when I use colored fonts.

Thanks!

Whyfor is it? How the hell you do it? :eek:

Anyone have an aspirin?

*Texans*...(sigh)

Hmm.. I'm not sure why it was broken but give it a shot now and the color should work by clicking on the down arrow next to the "A" in the tool bar.

Hmm.. I'm not sure why it was broken but give it a shot now and the color should work by clicking on the down arrow next to the "A" in the tool bar.

It hasn't worked in forever, or a close facsimilie thereof. This board went through some neglectful owners between the original owner and manuel. A lot of things didn't work, or worked improperly. Manuel fixed most of them.

Forum List

Back