Newbie here: Not-So Thailand Famous

Wow, that reminds me of an incident where a kid visiting Singapore got caned for some kind of youthful mischief.
And it's not that far from Thailand:

Which is weird that Singapore is where that statement brought you because objectively Singapore is a first world asian country thats expensive as fuk, on par with London or NY. Only downfall is some weird, draconian laws.

But in all honesty Id rather be caned in Singapore for breaking laws than spend a decade or more in Thai Prisons.

If someone wants to partake in the devils lettuce then Cambodia is where they want to go. Still illegal but completely overlooked.

So one of my buddies sent me a link that a poster "Jingthing" has jumped the shark and is posting over here.

Im also an American living in Thailand and the main forum over there is an overly censored hellhole of Anti-American Liberalism of which "Jingthing" is a furiously protected member.

Ive been looking for another place to post and this seems like a good, semi-busy place.

Im making this thread as an introduction and to say how I got here and that I know the above mentioned poster so its all out in the open.

Spent a week in Bangkok in the early 70s.

had a lot of fun.

welcome aboard

Spent a week in Bangkok in the early 70s.

had a lot of fun.

Wish I could have been here in the early 70's.

Hell, the early 2000's were completely different than they are now. Cant imagine what it was like in the 70's

Alright, then, Strange, welcome. Trouble makers and posters who stalk others across the boards of the world are always welcome.

Have a snack.
s-l1600.jpg

I have family in Bangkok. They own one of the largest, upscale restaurants in town, and have relatives in the royal family.

I've had a standing invitation to visit Thailand for decades but have never gone, and probably never will. Nothing about the country interests me.

They're coming here again this year though. They're visiting Canada, then NYC, then over here to Wisconsin again. They're traveling maniacs. I guess that's what you do when you're a Thai millionaire, get the hell otta Thailand as often as possible.

In any case, welcome to the board, but watch your back. The little leftists here are real cry babies and will report you, and you will see posts disappear.

I have family in Bangkok. They own one of the largest, upscale restaurants in town, and have relatives in the royal family.

I've had a standing invitation to visit Thailand for decades but have never gone, and probably never will. Nothing about the country interests me.

They're coming here again this year though. They're visiting Canada, then NYC, then over here to Wisconsin again. They're traveling maniacs. I guess that's what you do when you're a Thai millionaire, get the hell otta Thailand as often as possible.

When I first came here it was for the partying & wimminz & I furiously hated the long-ass tips back to the states multiple times a year, so I rented a condo here as it was closer to my place of work, regionally. Now after over a decade Im gearing up to come home. Thailand is... weird. Its quite fun on a superficial level at first but after getting into it you realize its.... Weird.

If your family is as you say, then it would be worth a trip. If you want to go and party, it could be worth a trip.

In any case, welcome to the board, but watch your back. The little leftists here are real cry babies and will report you, and you will see posts disappear.

That was the issue at the other forum, but they took it to an EXTREME level. Just imagine having those same lefties moderate and administer an entire forum, who openly despise anyone on the right or with a differing view. Its ridiculous.

Trouble makers and posters who stalk others across the boards of the world are always welcome.

Thank you :04:

And those things are NASTY by the way.

Talking about jingshit was way more interesting.

You have no idea.
She seems to be a great admirer of Venezuela.

HE is trying to find a place that will allow him to live a certain lifestyle on a limited retirement budget.

When I first came here it was for the partying & wimminz & I furiously hated the long-ass tips back to the states multiple times a year, so I rented a condo here as it was closer to my place of work, regionally. Now after over a decade Im gearing up to come home. Thailand is... weird. Its quite fun on a superficial level at first but after getting into it you realize its.... Weird.

If your family is as you say, then it would be worth a trip. If you want to go and party, it could be worth a trip.

That was the issue at the other forum, but they took it to an EXTREME level. Just imagine having those same lefties moderate and administer an entire forum, who openly despise anyone on the right or with a differing view. Its ridiculous.
Yeah I know all about the epic sex trade in Bangkok. Wouldn't want to CATCH something. Can't stand their food either, and I've heard about the muslim problem in Thailand too. It's just not a place I need to visit, and I don't think there's any better place on the planet to party than right here in America. I used to live in Las Vegas, also Reno, spent 8 years on NV. Now THAT is where you want to go to party.

Yeah I know all about the epic sex trade in Bangkok. Wouldn't want to CATCH something. Can't stand their food either, and I've heard about the muslim problem in Thailand too. It's just not a place I need to visit, and I don't think there's any better place on the planet to party than right here in America. I used to live in Las Vegas, also Reno, spent 8 years on NV. Now THAT is where you want to go to party.

True & agreed, but Im not talking about the sex trade when I reference wimminz. 99.9% of the females are not hookers and quite fun :04:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Forum List

Back