Newbie from Germany is sending a hello over the Atlantic.

Kraut

Rookie
Dec 14, 2011
Cologne, Germany
As a longterm member of a German vBulletin driven political forum I somewhat got bored with the single-dimensional view of world politics there.

So I decided to brake the barrier and move over to get a brighter view. I hope that occasional foreign views are welcome here.

A bit on my person: I am 42 years of age, work as an International Sales Manager for the automotive industry - trying to sell some high quality stuff to you Americans (and your neighbors north and south of the border). I am married, two kids (12 and 16 years) and live close to the good old city of Cologne in the most western part of Germany.

As I am travelling back and forth between our two countries (returned just Saturday from SC) since almost 15 years in my job four to five times annually and we spend my airline milage almost every year for vacations in the US as well, people here consider me "fully americanized". Well - if that is actually the truth I found the right spot to discuss here...don`t I?

As a longterm member of a German vBulletin driven political forum I somewhat got bored with the single-dimensional view of world politics there.

So I decided to brake the barrier and move over to get a brighter view. I hope that occasional foreign views are welcome here.

A bit on my person: I am 42 years of age, work as an International Sales Manager for the automotive industry - trying to sell some high quality stuff to you Americans (and your neighbors north and south of the border). I am married, two kids (12 and 16 years) and live close to the good old city of Cologne in the most western part of Germany.

As I am travelling back and forth between our two countries (returned just Saturday from SC) since almost 15 years in my job four to five times annually and we spend my airline milage almost every year for vacations in the US as well, people here consider me "fully americanized". Well - if that is actually the truth I found the right spot to discuss here...don`t I?

Welcome!

Quick question for you. Since can you tell us what you think of the German Healthcare and Health Insurance system. From my understanding its a dual private and public combination.

Kraut....really found your Introduction, interesting and truly "thank you" for it. I hope you find what you are looking for here. I am sure many of us will have questions for you, as they relate to your country and traveling experiences and your thoughts on the cultures you have visited.

***WELCOME*** Kraut. :D

Welcome Kraut. I look forward to your perspectives with regards to the US political stage.

Wow....welcome Kraut!!!
My real Dad was born in Germany......and so I am half German~
But I've never been there...........enjoy your time here :)

Guten tag, Kraut. Welcome to USMB, and thanks to those in your country responsible for improving our lives with well-made German products. I have 3 Pfaff sewing machines made in Karlsruhe, one made after the company was purchased by a company in a different country.

Products made in your lovely country often have no peer. Please start a thread and tell us what German-made automobiles do that no one else has thought of yet. See? I know how you are. :D

Last edited:
Herzlich Willkommen. Es ist immer schön, haben eine ausländische Meinung. Ich bin in Deutschland geboren wurde. Dies ist eine gute website. Nur sie selbst sein und fühlen sich frei zu sagen, was sie denken. Sie werden verstehen, dass wir verstecken uns nicht unsere Meinungen hier. :wink_2:

Last edited:
Take me to your lederhosen.

alien-1.jpg

Herzlichen Willkommen Kraut!
Ich hab' Köln einmal besucht aber es war vor 10-12 Jarhen. War sehr schön und ich hatte viele nette Leute kennengelernt. Meistens meine Zeit in Deutschland hab' ich in Berlin verbracht aber es ist so lange her dass ich in Deutschland besucht habe. Ich bin auch neu hier auf dieser Website und bisher ist es okay. Ich mag sehr viel Politik diskutieren aber die Menschen hier können ganz schrecklich zueinander sein. Tun die Deutscher dasselbe auf ihren Politikwebsiten? Man muss 'ne dicke Haut haben wenn man starke Meinungen hier schreibt. Vorsicht! :lol:

Last edited:

Bear in mind as you're reading the posts here that this place is NOT a great sampling of the American political scene.

For example, this place is overrun by American NAZIs, crypto NAZIs, and supporters of Israel, too.

Their raging debates in this board are not typical of the political debates and narratives that happen in the USA generally.

Plus, there's no shortage of TROLLS here whose only mission is to insult people and create childish drama.

But it is nice to have a GERMAN national here.

Perhaps you can give us a better understanding of the economic problems facing the EU.

Most of us interested in economic issues here are so busy trying to get a handle on what is happening here in the USA, that we haven't had time to really understand the complexities of the EU economic crises

So welcome, Kraut.

I look forward to reading your posts

New Topics

Forum List

Back