Newark airport security guard arrested for death threat against president

OMG! An American flag AND a 'God Bless America' sign? Yep, he's definitely some right wing maniac.

Why bother investigating, he's clearly guilty!

All these right wing nutjobs, running around with guns, all wanting to kill poor POTUS.
Oh cut the crap.

You don't even think a man who is reported as making death threats, and had access to the President, on the eve of his visit should even be investigated.

Quote: Originally Posted by California Girl
People are odd.

Wasting taxpayers money investigating some guy who said he'd like to kill and dismember the POTUS seems pretty trivial to me.

If the basis of that investigation is some conversation over a coffee cart, no. Call me sceptical but usually people who seriously intend to do harm, don't normally discuss it with their colleagues.

On the other hand, if some actual hard evidence is brought forward, then I have no problem. I'm just not prepared to hang the guy because he:

1. Doesn't like the POTUS and expressed his desire to kill and dismember him.
2. Has an American flag on display
3. Has a 'God Bless America' sign on display
4. Likes guns.

OMG! An American flag AND a 'God Bless America' sign? Yep, he's definitely some right wing maniac.

All these right wing nutjobs, running around with guns, all wanting to kill poor POTUS.
Oh cut the crap.

You don't even think a man who is reported as making death threats, and had access to the President, on the eve of his visit should even be investigated.

People are odd.

Wasting taxpayers money investigating some guy who said he'd like to kill and dismember the POTUS seems pretty trivial to me.

what an asswipe you are. tell us why the secret service and the FBI didn't take it seriously again? :lol::lol::lol:

Oh cut the crap.

People are odd.

If the basis of that investigation is some conversation over a coffee cart, no. Call me sceptical but usually people who seriously intend to do harm, don't normally discuss it with their colleagues.

On the other hand, if some actual hard evidence is brought forward, then I have no problem. I'm just not prepared to hang the guy because he:

4. Likes guns.
2. through 4. are not criminal in any sense.

1. will land you in trouble with the Secret Service and/or local law enforcement officials.
And you know that.

Last edited:
Oh cut the crap.

4. Likes guns.

1. will land you in trouble with the Secret Service. And you know that.

yeah and in this case it didn't. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

4. Likes guns.

1. will land you in trouble with the Secret Service. And you know that.

yeah and in this case it didn't. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
See my edit made before your post. Local officials are handling it.
The man has been arrested and is due in court soon, is he not?

"The 55-year-old is charged with making terroristic threats against the president and is held on $100,000 bail."

Oh cut the crap.

4. Likes guns.

1. will land you in trouble with the Secret Service and/or local law enforcement officials.
And you know that.

Then there are a good many 'criminals' walking the streets today - because I'd put money on a fair few people over the past 10 years having said similar comments about the POTUS.

2009_10_jbrek.jpg

Via WCBS 2

"
His landlord Leonard Parsons told WCBS 2, "He's very upset with the country, with the way it's going and I'm upset about it, too." Parsons, who noted that Brek's door had an American flag and a "God Bless America" sign"

emoticon_americanFlag.gif

Brek's door had an American flag and a "God Bless America" sign"

Proof the man is guilty as hell!!!:cuckoo:

I wonder if this guy watches fox news and listens to the likes of Hannity, Linbaugh, and Beck?

Newark Airport security guard John Brek arrested for making threats against President Obama

A Newark Airport security guard was arrested for making threats against President Obama on the eve of Wednesday's campaign visit to New Jersey.

Gun-loving John Brek, 55, of Linden, N.J., was taken into custody after his co-workers reported a conversation they had at an airport coffee cart to authorities.

He was charged under state law with making terroristic threats against the president.

Brek is a Republican and a member of the National Rifle Association, his father told the Newark Star-Ledger.

A search of Brek's home turned up 43 firearms - although they all appeared to be registered weapons, officials said.

we'll be seeing more of this from the right, hopefully none of these nuts are successful.

There have probably been more that we haven't heard about. The world is unfortunately full of these idiots.. :cuckoo:

And you just addressed one of the biggest idiots. I'm addressing another.

In California, a Terrorist Threat, is any threat made against a person where the person who uttered the thread has the means to carry it out. Owning 43 guns seems to be pretty clear on the ability to carry out the threat. Of course these are now allegations; everyone is entitled to the rights of Habeas Corpus now that Bush is no longer in office.

yes, it was awesome that obama had the patriot act repealed. it showed tremendous statesmanship and political savvy.

oh, wait, he didn't, did he?

No he did not, and that is one more reason I'm disappointed. President Obama still talks the talk, and has accomplished much more than your side will acknowledge. Yet any president, I suppose, will not give up power willingly. The Authoritarianism which Bush&Cheney sought and obtained will remain as part of the office for a long time to come, in spite of who is POTUS.

Brek's door had an American flag and a "God Bless America" sign"

Proof the man is guilty as hell!!!:cuckoo:
You make the premise, then deride it as loopy.

That's pretty funny.

lol.

Thank you, I'm quite popular for my sense of humor. But I didn't make the premise, I responded to it.
Yes, you did. My post was simply a quote from the article, with a flag waving.

Nothing more.

We have seen you do this time and again, making up things and reading more into that which isn't there.
Your MO is quite consistent, I'll give you that.

That's pretty funny.

lol.

Thank you, I'm quite popular for my sense of humor. But I didn't make the premise, I responded to it.

Nothing more.

We have seen you do this time and again, making up things and reading more into that which isn't there.

I see, so you used that quote for absolutely no reason. Got ya!! :cuckoo:

Nothing more.

I see, so you used that quote for absolutely no reason. Got ya!! :cuckoo:
My reasons were not your interpretation. YOU made this false premise:

"Proof the man is guilty as hell!!"

You own that strawman, not me.

In California, a Terrorist Threat, is any threat made against a person where the person who uttered the thread has the means to carry it out. Owning 43 guns seems to be pretty clear on the ability to carry out the threat. Of course these are now allegations; everyone is entitled to the rights of Habeas Corpus now that Bush is no longer in office.

yes, it was awesome that obama had the patriot act repealed. it showed tremendous statesmanship and political savvy.

oh, wait, he didn't, did he?

No he did not, and that is one more reason I'm disappointed. President Obama still talks the talk, and has accomplished much more than your side will acknowledge. Yet any president, I suppose, will not give up power willingly. The Authoritarianism which Bush&Cheney sought and obtained will remain as part of the office for a long time to come, in spite of who is POTUS.

which side is mine, exactly, inspector clouseau?

I didn't think there would be much of a pro-assassination threat contingent here - but there you have it.

See, what you see as "pro-assassination threat", some of us see as remaining sceptical until we have actual facts to go on, rather than some partisan whine.

Credible threats, yea.... I'm prepared to be concerned about. Some dude mouthing off on a coffee break.... nah. I'm not gonna get my panties in a wad over some mouthy idiot. Still, if the left are so concerned about this guy, have at it. Why bother waiting for actual facts - go ahead and hang him.

That's pretty funny.

lol.

Nothing more.

But did you stop and ask yourself why the author of the article thought it important to The flag on the door and the patriotism in the article? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back