Newark airport security guard arrested for death threat against president

People are odd.

Wasting taxpayers money investigating some guy who said he'd like to kill and dismember the POTUS seems pretty trivial to me.

Lots of people made very public threats against Bush.

People are odd.

Wasting taxpayers money investigating some guy who said he'd like to kill and dismember the POTUS seems pretty trivial to me.

:confused: You ignored that he may have said he was cutting through a fence so he could shoot him.

Anyone that made death threats against Bush was also investigated, and rightly so.

People are odd.

:confused: You ignored that he may have said he was cutting through a fence so he could shoot him.

Anyone that made death threats against Bush was also investigated, and rightly so.

AND...had access to that area where he could do that. No...if he was just blowing smoke, anyone who works in an airport area KNOWS that kind of stuff is taken QUITE seriously. He's either dangerous or quite stupid.

People are odd.

I ignore any evidence provided by a media source that is clearly partisan in its reporting. That is reasonable considering the amount of misinformation that comes from our media. If you want to believe any old shit you read, that is entirely your decision. Personally, I tend to take media reports with a ton of salt.

People are odd.

I ignore any evidence provided by a media source that is clearly partisan in its reporting. That is reasonable considering the amount of misinformation that comes from our media. If you want to believe any old shit you read, that is entirely your decision. Personally, I tend to take media reports with a ton of salt.
I agree, the Post is pretty damn partisan.:lol:

No problem, you are down for thinking we shouldn't investigate death threats against a president. Maybe you should stay on your side of the pond.

No problem, you are down for thinking we shouldn't investigate death threats against a president. Maybe you should stay on your side of the pond.
I second that.

This post was pretty stunning:

People are odd.

Wow. Just wow.

In California, a Terrorist Threat, is any threat made against a person where the person who uttered the thread has the means to carry it out. Owning 43 guns seems to be pretty clear on the ability to carry out the threat. Of course these are now allegations; everyone is entitled to the rights of Habeas Corpus now that Bush is no longer in office.

In California, a Terrorist Threat, is any threat made against a person where the person who uttered the thread has the means to carry it out. Owning 43 guns seems to be pretty clear on the ability to carry out the threat. Of course these are now allegations; everyone is entitled to the rights of Habeas Corpus now that Bush is no longer in office.

yes, it was awesome that obama had the patriot act repealed. it showed tremendous statesmanship and political savvy.

oh, wait, he didn't, did he?

I wonder if this guy watches fox news and listens to the likes of Hannity, Linbaugh, and Beck?

Newark Airport security guard John Brek arrested for making threats against President Obama

A Newark Airport security guard was arrested for making threats against President Obama on the eve of Wednesday's campaign visit to New Jersey.

Gun-loving John Brek, 55, of Linden, N.J., was taken into custody after his co-workers reported a conversation they had at an airport coffee cart to authorities.

He was charged under state law with making terroristic threats against the president.

Brek is a Republican and a member of the National Rifle Association, his father told the Newark Star-Ledger.

A search of Brek's home turned up 43 firearms - although they all appeared to be registered weapons, officials said.

we'll be seeing more of this from the right, hopefully none of these nuts are successful.

I heard he was on record as being a MSNBC fan.

I wonder if this guy watches fox news and listens to the likes of Hannity, Linbaugh, and Beck?

Newark Airport security guard John Brek arrested for making threats against President Obama

A Newark Airport security guard was arrested for making threats against President Obama on the eve of Wednesday's campaign visit to New Jersey.

Gun-loving John Brek, 55, of Linden, N.J., was taken into custody after his co-workers reported a conversation they had at an airport coffee cart to authorities.

He was charged under state law with making terroristic threats against the president.

Brek is a Republican and a member of the National Rifle Association, his father told the Newark Star-Ledger.

A search of Brek's home turned up 43 firearms - although they all appeared to be registered weapons, officials said.

we'll be seeing more of this from the right, hopefully none of these nuts are successful.

I heard he was on record as being a MSNBC fan.
MSNBC: The choice of gun-toting republicans everywhere!

The man denied making the threats, and in this country you're innocent until proven guilty.

2009_10_jbrek.jpg

Via WCBS 2

"
His landlord Leonard Parsons told WCBS 2, "He's very upset with the country, with the way it's going and I'm upset about it, too." Parsons, who noted that Brek's door had an American flag and a "God Bless America" sign"

emoticon_americanFlag.gif

My side of the pond is your side of the pond. Maybe you should mind your own fucking business where I choose to live. I am, after all, just as American as you.

Currently, we have only the report from a media source - I have no facts on which to reasonably judge what this guy did or did not say. Lots of dumb people say lots of dumb things - all I'm sayng, and you may struggle to comprehend it - is that I'm not gonna judge it until I actually know there is something to judge.

An alleged conversation over a coffee cart is hardly evidence of a firm plot to kill POTUS. Now, if I see - from a factually accurate report - that they found evidence of an actual plot to kill the POTUS, then that's a whole different story.

I guess I'm just more sceptical of the media than the partisans.

There have probably been more that we haven't heard about. The world is unfortunately full of these idiots.. :cuckoo:

2009_10_jbrek.jpg

Via WCBS 2

"
His landlord Leonard Parsons told WCBS 2, "He's very upset with the country, with the way it's going and I'm upset about it, too." Parsons, who noted that Brek's door had an American flag and a "God Bless America" sign"

emoticon_americanFlag.gif

OMG! An American flag AND a 'God Bless America' sign? Yep, he's definitely some right wing maniac.

Why bother investigating, he's clearly guilty!

All these right wing nutjobs, running around with guns, all wanting to kill poor POTUS.

Yeah, had one of the neoMarxists killed Bush, he would have been hailed by the left as a hero and a "God".

Now, all of the sudden, "bad"

Persoanlly, making threats against my Presidient should get you locked up for a long long time be it Obama OR Bush.

Yeah, had one of the neoMarxists killed Bush, he would have been hailed by the left as a hero and a "God".

Now, all of the sudden, "bad"

Persoanlly, making threats against my Presidient should get you locked up for a long long time be it Obama OR Bush.
As does everyone else. With a few exceptions noted on this thread.

OMG! An American flag AND a 'God Bless America' sign? Yep, he's definitely some right wing maniac.

Why bother investigating, he's clearly guilty!

All these right wing nutjobs, running around with guns, all wanting to kill poor POTUS.
Oh cut the crap.

You don't even think a man who is reported as making death threats, and had access to the President, on the eve of his visit should even be investigated.

Quote: Originally Posted by California Girl
People are odd.

Forum List

Back