Newark airport security guard arrested for death threat against president

noose4

Jul 9, 2009
Hell's Kitchen N.Y.C.
I wonder if this guy watches fox news and listens to the likes of Hannity, Linbaugh, and Beck?

Newark Airport security guard John Brek arrested for making threats against President Obama

A Newark Airport security guard was arrested for making threats against President Obama on the eve of Wednesday's campaign visit to New Jersey.

Gun-loving John Brek, 55, of Linden, N.J., was taken into custody after his co-workers reported a conversation they had at an airport coffee cart to authorities.

He was charged under state law with making terroristic threats against the president.

Brek is a Republican and a member of the National Rifle Association, his father told the Newark Star-Ledger.

A search of Brek's home turned up 43 firearms - although they all appeared to be registered weapons, officials said.

we'll be seeing more of this from the right, hopefully none of these nuts are successful.

Dissent is the highest form of patriotism except when NeoMarxists are running things

You can't just threaten the Presidents life. The man should have made a movie about assasinating the President instead.

Maybe he would have won an award.

You can't just threaten the Presidents life. The man should have made a movie about assasinating the President instead.

Those were Brits...I still thought they were assholes. You?

It didn't say in the article what this guy said.

It annoys me that you can't joke in an airport, I have to say. Those security guys have too much power.

And I'm sick of taking my shoes off.

But it would be interesting to know the threat this gun nut made.

It annoys me that you can't joke in an airport, I have to say. Those security guys have too much power.
At work I only start conversations about...work. I have a reputation for being conservative but again, I never start a conversation at work about anything but work.
When others ask my opinion I give it, but never before. That insulates me against complaints and has worked just fine so far.

I come here and spew my venom! :)

Last edited:
At work I only start conversations about...work. I have a reputation for being conservative but again, I never start a conversation at work about anything but work.
When others ask my opinion I give it, but never before.
:confused: What does that have to do with anything I said?

This guy wasn't a TSO. He's a garden variety security guard so isn't one of the people who tells you to take off your shoes. TSO's work for DHS, not security firms.

I wonder if this guy watches fox news and listens to the likes of Hannity, Linbaugh, and Beck?

Newark Airport security guard John Brek arrested for making threats against President Obama

A Newark Airport security guard was arrested for making threats against President Obama on the eve of Wednesday's campaign visit to New Jersey.

Gun-loving John Brek, 55, of Linden, N.J., was taken into custody after his co-workers reported a conversation they had at an airport coffee cart to authorities.

He was charged under state law with making terroristic threats against the president.

Brek is a Republican and a member of the National Rifle Association, his father told the Newark Star-Ledger.

A search of Brek's home turned up 43 firearms - although they all appeared to be registered weapons, officials said.

we'll be seeing more of this from the right, hopefully none of these nuts are successful.

Even a damn fool can see this for what it is. A little more than a news story heh? Talking points. The guy is a gun loving, Republican, member of NRA. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I'm not sure I can believe the rest of what was reported. I'll wait.

No federal charges were filed in the case, said Malcolm Wiley, spokesman for the U.S. Secret Service.[/B]

When others ask my opinion I give it, but never before.
:confused: What does that have to do with anything I said?
Well if you look back at the start of this thread you'll see that some one got arrested for making some sort of remark about the President. He made a remark and a co-worker reported him. I made the point that you shouldn't talk about certain things at work unless you're asked. And that it would be better to make a movie about it.

The thread is about the worker being arrested. You turned it into a rant against airport security measures.

This guy wasn't a TSO. He's a garden variety security guard so isn't one of the people who tells you to take off your shoes. TSO's work for DHS, not security firms.
Good point. My point was mainly that the security at the airports, no matter who they work for, have so much power over us that they have no right to make jokes about anything whatsoever since they take us so deadly serious. I don't have a problem with people doing their jobs, I have a problem with people abusing their position.

Dissent is the highest form of patriotism except when NeoMarxists are running things

Threatening to kill the democractically elected POTUS (regardless of what we might think of him) isn't dissent, it's a crime against democracy.

Because I'm kind of partial to having facts instead of biased reporting, I'll wait to find out what he actually said before I decide whether the guy is guilty of anthing further than a rant against the POTUS. Personally, I find the 'lead by the nose' media reporting - 'he's a gun lover', 'a republican' blah blah blah a tad too obvious.

Here's the thing: I could quite easily be arrested for saying 'Jeeeez, I could kill XXX' - as could most of you. Most of us have made some comment like that in our lifetime.

We're a tad too quick to judge sometimes.

A private security guard at Newark Airport -- who kept an arsenal of 43 guns in his home -- was arrested after boasting he had cut through an airport fence so he could shoot President Obama, officials said yesterday.

John Brek, 55, also made bizarre threats to dismember Obama's body and feed the parts to animals, law-enforcement sources said. Brek was arrested Tuesday, a day before Obama flew into Newark Airport yesterday to campaign for Gov. Jon Corzine at Fairleigh Dickinson University in Hackensack.
Newark guard arrested for Prez. threat

If he said that he deserves what he's getting.

A private security guard at Newark Airport -- who kept an arsenal of 43 guns in his home -- was arrested after boasting he had cut through an airport fence so he could shoot President Obama, officials said yesterday.

John Brek, 55, also made bizarre threats to dismember Obama's body and feed the parts to animals, law-enforcement sources said. Brek was arrested Tuesday, a day before Obama flew into Newark Airport yesterday to campaign for Gov. Jon Corzine at Fairleigh Dickinson University in Hackensack.
Newark guard arrested for Prez. threat

If he said that he deserves what he's getting.
"dismember Obama's body and feed the parts to animals"

Ayiyi.

I have to agree with the others that posted above. Dissent is fine, but threatening the life of anyone is not a form of dissent and threatening the life of the POTUS is not only against the law, but should not and cannot be tolerated.

The article doesn't say what he said or in what manner or context it was said, or for that matter that it was even threat and not something like "He's a jackass" that someone claimed was a threat, but regardless, a threat on the life of the President cannot be tolerated.

Immie

Forum List

Back