New Zealand's Climategate Pols Taking The Heat?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Causative? Crossover with emails? Wish some Congressmen would do the same regarding Obama's further enriching GE and Al Gore...
Australian opposition in revolt regarding carbon trade program they'd been expected to back with PM Rudd.
Senior Liberals desert Turnbull - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Senior Liberals desert Turnbull

By Online parliamentary correspondent Emma Rodgers

Posted Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:58pm AEDT
Updated Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:41pm AEDT

This is a very difficult decision for me. I've always regarded myself as a very loyal party man
– Tony Abbott on his frontbench resignation
It's not a matter of desertion. It's a matter of not being able to vote for bills that are so bad under any measurement
– Sophie Mirabella
The Liberal Party is in turmoil with the resignations of five frontbenchers from their portfolios this afternoon in protest against the emissions trading scheme.

Tony Abbott, Sophie Mirabella, Tony Smith and Senators Nick Minchin and Eric Abetz have all quit their portfolios because they cannot vote for the legislation.

Senate whip Stephen Parry has also relinquished his position.

The mass resignations will put huge pressure on Malcolm Turnbull's leadership after only just surviving a push for a spill yesterday.

The party whip had earlier instructed MPs and Senators not to leave the building but it is understood they have now been released.

The resignations began this afternoon after Mr Abbott and Senator Minchin confronted Mr Turnbull, urging him to put off a vote on the scheme until February.

Mr Turnbull refused so Mr Abbott handed in his resignation....

Yesterday's News:

Questions arise about modification of New Zealand climate data

Last edited:
This is exactly what has happened to the temps world wide as provided by the Dr. Hansen led NASA and exposed Anthony Watts among others. The "adjusted" data is obviously just a rigged set of numbers to support a pre-drawn conclusion.

The closing paragraph from you link is below:

In a statement, the coalition said, “We have discovered that the warming in New Zealand over the past 156 years was indeed man-made, but it had nothing to do with emissions of CO2—it was created by man-made adjustments of the temperature. It’s a disgrace.”

OMG, hopefully this is just the beginning of a "The Emperor Has No Clothes" movement.

American politicians are too drunk on power to ever step down over an unconscionable vote. They hold onto their seats no matter what--that seat means power for them personally, as well as for their party.

They're ALL sticking their heads in the sand over the man-made climate change (cooked temperature data).

I don't see this same kind of revolt happening here. But I'm glad to see it happening somewhere.

This is exactly what has happened to the temps world wide as provided by the Dr. Hansen led NASA and exposed Anthony Watts among others. The "adjusted" data is obviously just a rigged set of numbers to support a pre-drawn conclusion.

In a statement, the coalition said, “We have discovered that the warming in New Zealand over the past 156 years was indeed man-made, but it had nothing to do with emissions of CO2—it was created by man-made adjustments of the temperature. It’s a disgrace.”[/QUOTE]

This is big folks.

Wait for it....

hahaha
old rocks quotes-
In a statement, the coalition said, “We have discovered that the warming in New Zealand over the past 156 years was indeed man-made

In a statement, the coalition said, “We have discovered that the warming in New Zealand over the past 156 years was indeed man-made, but it had nothing to do with emissions of CO2—it was created by man-made adjustments of the temperature. It’s a disgrace.”
Wish I had come up with that zinger! :lol:

Forum List

Back