New Yorkers Shocked To Find Food Prices Rising After Minimum Wage Hike

Since labor is only 20% of the price, doubling the labor costs only raises the price 20%. Try and remain calm. The number of people that can afford the cost more than makes up for it. Scumbag GOP propaganda has given us incredibly rich people, the worst inequality and upward mobility in our history. GOP voters are the stupidest voters in the world, thanks to the worst propaganda machine in our history..

I wish more people on both sides of the political spectrum would do open and honest research on wealth and income inequality. Although some political policies (like Trump’s recent tax break for corporations) can have an adverse effective, far and away the biggest culprit for the wealth gap is the Federal Reserve and it’s monetary policies which include QE and ZIRP.

Unfortunately, understanding this takes effort, and it is much easier to put on a lapel pin of your political party and blame the other side. Too many people FrancoHFW do the easy thing. I guess those people believe the brains only purpose is to fill the void between their ears.
Yeah another GOP conspiracy theory rather than just looking at the facts... Wake up and smell the coffee, flat tax systems are a giveaway to the rich corrupt GOP joke, brainwashed functional moron. And yes that is what we have now duh...

Let’s deal with the facts. Fact- I am not a member of the GOP, So unlike you, I don’t carry the water for a political party. Fact- the wealth gap began widening around 1980 when the fed started trying to manipulate markets and inflation. Fact- the correlation between the rate of wealth gap increasing and the political party in control in Washington does not support your narrative that it is a GOP issue. If you look at the chart below, you will see the steepest increases occurred during the Clinton and Obama presidencies. Fact- I don’t blame those increases on Clinton and Obama, I blame them on the Fed monetary policy.

View attachment 245835
Blah blah blah ideological garbage propaganda. We still have Reagan tax rates and it only gets worse and worse for the non rich. Clinton and Obama had very good economies so the inequality grew even more.

Funny stuff dude. Now you’re saying that Clinton and BO were so great at creating good economies that they actually accelerated the wealth gap. Let me guess, you had lunch with AOC and she gave you that gem. Golden, absolutely golden!

Since labor is only 20% of the price, doubling the labor costs only raises the price 20%. Try and remain calm. The number of people that can afford the cost more than makes up for it. Scumbag GOP propaganda has given us incredibly rich people, the worst inequality and upward mobility in our history. GOP voters are the stupidest voters in the world, thanks to the worst propaganda machine in our history..

I wish more people on both sides of the political spectrum would do open and honest research on wealth and income inequality. Although some political policies (like Trump’s recent tax break for corporations) can have an adverse effective, far and away the biggest culprit for the wealth gap is the Federal Reserve and it’s monetary policies which include QE and ZIRP.

Unfortunately, understanding this takes effort, and it is much easier to put on a lapel pin of your political party and blame the other side. Too many people FrancoHFW do the easy thing. I guess those people believe the brains only purpose is to fill the void between their ears.
Yeah another GOP conspiracy theory rather than just looking at the facts... Wake up and smell the coffee, flat tax systems are a giveaway to the rich corrupt GOP joke, brainwashed functional moron. And yes that is what we have now duh...

Let’s deal with the facts. Fact- I am not a member of the GOP, So unlike you, I don’t carry the water for a political party. Fact- the wealth gap began widening around 1980 when the fed started trying to manipulate markets and inflation. Fact- the correlation between the rate of wealth gap increasing and the political party in control in Washington does not support your narrative that it is a GOP issue. If you look at the chart below, you will see the steepest increases occurred during the Clinton and Obama presidencies. Fact- I don’t blame those increases on Clinton and Obama, I blame them on the Fed monetary policy.

View attachment 245835
Blah blah blah ideological garbage propaganda. We still have Reagan tax rates and it only gets worse and worse for the non rich. Clinton and Obama had very good economies so the inequality grew even more.

Funny stuff dude. Now you’re saying that Clinton and BO were so great at creating good economies that they actually accelerated the wealth gap. Let me guess, you had lunch with AOC and she gave you that gem. Golden, absolutely golden!
The wealth Gap is caused by a flat tax GOP system of taxation. The better the economy does the more inequality, plenty of inequality no matter how you do it...

View attachment 245835

Clinton and Obama did not screw up the economy like Republicans seem to do every time they get the chance. C 1929 1989 2008 now. Tariffs and chaos and trade Wars is not a good idea. The same exact crap the Republicans pulled in 1930 and put the whole world in the dumper.

OldStyle, due to the concept of wage differential, the federal minimum wage rate bolsters all USA wage scales, regardless of how many, or how few persons knock on the doors and requesting a raise. And in aggregate, they generally in aggregate should, and do gain raises each time the minimum wage is increased.

The federal minimum rate U.S. Has always (as it should) be increased in a manner that would shock USA's labor markets. On the contrary, because the timing and extent of its modifications were directly subject to congressional politicians rather than to civil service statisticians, the modifications of our minimum rate have been too slow, and too poorly, and consequentially their economic benefits have been less than they should have been.

I'm a proponent of a 12% annual increase until we achieve 125% of February 1968 CPI, and thereafter the minimum rate should be monitored and annually (when necessary), modified to retain that purchasing power.

It's conceivable that a person may equate the minimum rate with paying everyone the same rate. I doubt if you ever met anyone as naive or ignorant to such an extent. Respectfully, Supposn

Did you just call me "naïve or ignorant" for pointing out that people who make more than minimum wage NOW are going to want to make just as much above minimum wage when you increase it to $15 an hour? If you don't give them a sizable increase than the resulting price spikes that will occur for goods and services will make them poorer than they were before and if you can't see that my friend then it's YOU who is naïve...not I!

More than 60% of American workers earn $20/hr or less. Yeah, $15/hr won't cause any disruption at all. Sure.
in the short run. in the long, higher paid labor pays more in taxes and creates more in demand.

If labor that is paid more pays more in taxes and pays more for goods and services due to inflation...how are you creating demand? In order to create demand you have to increase disposable income. You haven't done that. You've increased inflation.
Labor will be able to afford more; even the dollar menu won't double if the minimum wage does.

Tell me how much the dollar menu WILL go up, Daniel! Then tell me how much your cable bill will go up. How much your electric bill will go up. How much your groceries will go up. You name a good or service and I can almost guarantee you that the price of that good or service will go up if you double the minimum wage! So when the price of EVERYTHING goes up...what have low income people really gained? Oh, and they'll probably find themselves in a higher tax bracket where they are actually PAYING Federal Income Taxes!

I give you the same question, Supposn. If you raise the national minimum wage to $15 an hour...how are you NOT going to have everyone who wasn't working for minimum wage because they had learned job skills that got them more money...not knocking on their bosses door asking for a raise? Do you honestly think that someone who used to make $15 an hour but had started their job at $7.50 an hour isn't going to demand to be compensated for those additional job skills? In Communist countries they can get away with paying everyone the same rate no matter what skills they have but to be brutally frank with you...if you try that here...you'll have people rioting in the streets!
OldStyle, due to the concept of wage differential, the federal minimum wage rate bolsters all USA wage scales, regardless of how many, or how few persons knock on the doors and requesting a raise. And in aggregate, they generally in aggregate should, and do gain raises each time the minimum wage is increased.

The federal minimum rate U.S. Has always (as it should) be increased in a manner that would shock USA's labor markets. On the contrary, because the timing and extent of its modifications were directly subject to congressional politicians rather than to civil service statisticians, the modifications of our minimum rate have been too slow, and too poorly, and consequentially their economic benefits have been less than they should have been.

I'm a proponent of a 12% annual increase until we achieve 125% of February 1968 CPI, and thereafter the minimum rate should be monitored and annually (when necessary), modified to retain that purchasing power.

It's conceivable that a person may equate the minimum rate with paying everyone the same rate. I doubt if you ever met anyone as naive or ignorant to such an extent. Respectfully, Supposn

Did you just call me "naïve or ignorant" for pointing out that people who make more than minimum wage NOW are going to want to make just as much above minimum wage when you increase it to $15 an hour? If you don't give them a sizable increase than the resulting price spikes that will occur for goods and services will make them poorer than they were before and if you can't see that my friend then it's YOU who is naïve...not I!
Yes, you are simply clueless and Causeless about economics.

we can raise the minimum wage to beat inflation.

Do you even know what causes inflation? How does raising the price of ANYTHING "beat" inflation?
lol. inflation happens, regardless. being proactive is usually a capital virtue.

Oh, inflation just happens, regardless? Do you not grasp that one of the main functions of the Fed is to make sure that inflation DOESN'T "just happen"? They raise policy interest rates when inflationary pressure starts to build which slows down an overheated economy. I keep telling you, Daniel...you really need to educate yourself about economics because right now you are about as clueless on the subject as anyone on this board...and that's saying something!

I give you the same question, Supposn. If you raise the national minimum wage to $15 an hour...how are you NOT going to have everyone who wasn't working for minimum wage because they had learned job skills that got them more money...not knocking on their bosses door asking for a raise? Do you honestly think that someone who used to make $15 an hour but had started their job at $7.50 an hour isn't going to demand to be compensated for those additional job skills? In Communist countries they can get away with paying everyone the same rate no matter what skills they have but to be brutally frank with you...if you try that here...you'll have people rioting in the streets!

Why am I suddenly thinking of pots and kettles?
beats coming up with a valid economic argument.
And you can't do that either

More than 60% of American workers earn $20/hr or less. Yeah, $15/hr won't cause any disruption at all. Sure.
in the short run. in the long, higher paid labor pays more in taxes and creates more in demand.

And prices rise to nullify any gains. Then the clueless (that's you) complain again that the MW is too low and the cycle starts again. Kind of like your posting pattern. You follow the same script every time.
only if you don't know anything about economics. price inflation for fuel would also have to happen for that to occur, not just raising the minimum wage.

Why would you think fuel prices would not also rise? You have to pay the guys who build and work on the pumps more, you have to pay the guys who drive the trucks more, you have to pay the guys behind the counters in the gas stations, and so it goes.

If labor that is paid more pays more in taxes and pays more for goods and services due to inflation...how are you creating demand? In order to create demand you have to increase disposable income. You haven't done that. You've increased inflation.

He wants to spend a lot of money to generate a little money.
nobody takes right wingers seriously about economics.

trillions in circulation must create some demand and pay some taxes.

Correction, no one takes YOU seriously about economics, or much of anything else, for that matter.

View attachment 245835

The wealth Gap is caused by a flat tax GOP system of taxation. The better the economy does the more inequality, plenty of inequality no matter how you do it...

We don't have a flat tax, so you're wrong about that.

Labor will be able to afford more; even the dollar menu won't double if the minimum wage does.

Tell me how much the dollar menu WILL go up, Daniel! Then tell me how much your cable bill will go up. How much your electric bill will go up. How much your groceries will go up. You name a good or service and I can almost guarantee you that the price of that good or service will go up if you double the minimum wage! So when the price of EVERYTHING goes up...what have low income people really gained? Oh, and they'll probably find themselves in a higher tax bracket where they are actually PAYING Federal Income Taxes!
Less than five percent price inflation for the minimum wage hike.

Do you even know what causes inflation? How does raising the price of ANYTHING "beat" inflation?
lol. inflation happens, regardless. being proactive is usually a capital virtue.

Oh, inflation just happens, regardless? Do you not grasp that one of the main functions of the Fed is to make sure that inflation DOESN'T "just happen"? They raise policy interest rates when inflationary pressure starts to build which slows down an overheated economy. I keep telling you, Daniel...you really need to educate yourself about economics because right now you are about as clueless on the subject as anyone on this board...and that's saying something!
dear right wingers. why Only complain when the Poor may benefit and not the Richest. You didn't say much about price inflation for fuel.

"Prosperity Through Lower Wages!"

Whatever happened to people being responsible for their own prosperity?

Wrong again

Depression Before the Great Depression — rayharvey.org
lol. FDR proved it after 1929.

Not really he needed WWII to fix his mess
from his form of Socialism to the outright communism of a true wartime economy?

From the beginning of preparedness in 1939 through the peak of war production in 1944, American leaders recognized that the stakes were too high to permit the war economy to grow in an unfettered, laissez-faire manner.--https://eh.net/encyclopedia/the-american-economy-during-world-war-ii/

Is it really really serious or not, alleged free market right wingers.

Last edited:
"Prosperity Through Lower Wages!"

Wrong again

Yes! He needed a massive government program to fix the mess.

View attachment 245835

It’s FrancoHFW. He does one thing and one thing only, and that is recite DNC talking points. He’s a puppet, so he has know idea what comes out of his mouth since he gave his (small) brain to the DNC.

View attachment 245835

It’s FrancoHFW. He does one thing and one thing only, and that is recite DNC talking points. He’s a puppet, so he has know idea what comes out of his mouth since he gave his (small) brain to the DNC.
we either have a common defense problem that requires socialism not free market economics or we don't, right wingers.

View attachment 245835

That's on target. He, like many with that illness, had a few pet phrases he like to throw out, hoping they will substitute for substance.

Wrong again

Yes! He needed a massive government program to fix the mess.

Funny how every other downturn in the economy before FDR righted itself without much fuss and rather quickly as well but when the government started meddling recoveries took much longer and far more people were made to suffer

That's on target. He, like many with that illness, had a few pet phrases he like to throw out, hoping they will substitute for substance.
too bad he actually understands the concepts and has no problem with it in public venues;

unlike the right wing.

Forum List

Back