New York Times Report: Sun is getting sleepy...

no, because the sun is not getting less active than it has for the last year or 2, with the exception of the few spots in the past month.

The sun is staying where it has been, not dropping output, you second tier asswipe

no, because the sun is not getting less active than it has for the last year or 2, with the exception of the few spots in the past month.

The sun is staying where it has been, not dropping output, you second tier asswipe

Old Rocks may be misinformed on global warming, but he doesn't deserve such inane personal attacks...

New York Times Report: Sun is getting sleepy...

hypnosmiley1new.gif

Old Rocks may be misinformed on global warming, but he doesn't deserve such inane personal attacks...

wow, it's hilarious when you lecture me about using towards you the same language that you tossed my way.

Grow up.

Would it not be ironic if, on one hand, the majority of the scientists are right in that our CO2 load is warming the earth, but then just when we reach consesnus and start doing something about it, the sun turns dim and we end us having an ice age instead?

And people think God has no sense of humor?

He just loves planetwide slapstick, I think.

"Eeee! We is a victim of soy-cumstance"​

Last edited:
Would it not be ironic if, on one hand the majority of the scientists are right that our CO2 load is warming the earth, but then the sun turns dim and we end us having an ice age instead?

And people think God has no sense of humor.

He loves planetwide slapstick, I think.

Agreed - what if He is shaking his cosmic head wondering why we are so damn stupid.

"I give you CO2 to keep warm and you run around trying to eliminate it! Damn fools the lot of you!"

And if we get a couple of years that exceed 1998 and 2005 from an El Nino, where does your theory go then?

Well, the three month La Nina that started in 2006 seems to be hanging on. And on and on and on.

Making a projection of something proves nothing. Right now, in the real world, we are seeing rising CO2 and falling temperatures. Given this combination, where does YOUR theory go?

Would it not be ironic if, on one hand, the majority of the scientists are right in that our CO2 load is warming the earth, but then just when we reach consesnus and start doing something about it, the sun turns dim and we end us having an ice age instead?

Been ":smoke: ing" much lately?

:D

And if we get a couple of years that exceed 1998 and 2005 from an El Nino, where does your theory go then?

Well, the three month La Nina that started in 2006 seems to be hanging on. And on and on and on.

Making a projection of something proves nothing. Right now, in the real world, we are seeing rising CO2 and falling temperatures. Given this combination, where does YOUR theory go?

Well on that one, the Global Warmers simply go, "Solar Minimum, La Nina, why are the ice caps melting????" Etc Etc.

But the facts of course are on the side of those who think the speculative theory of human based global warming is just that - highly speculative, and as such, unworthy of drastic changes that would be of terrible impact to our economy.

Increase domestic drilling.
Continue cleaner coal technology.
Expand nuclear power - big time.
Continue developing alternative energies - and for God's sake, try and actually make the products behind this industry IN AMERICA so Americans can have those jobs.
Expand use of natural gas.
Eliminate the Ethanol programs.

Sounds pretty damn easy - but none of this really expands the power of the federal government, so instead, we get Cap n Tax being proposed by Obama and the Democrats and a handful of limp wristed Republicans...

Falling temperatures?

2007 ties 1998 as second warmest year in past century

According to the Goddard Institute, the eight warmest years have all occurred since 1998 and the 14 warmest years in the record have all occurred since 1990.

Temperatures are changing in the lower atmosphere - from the Earth’s surface all the way through the stratosphere (9-14 miles above the Earth’s surface). Scientists are working to document temperature trends and determine their causes.

Surface Temperature Change

Figure 1: Annual Average Global Surface Temperature Anomalies 1880-2008. Courtesy NOAA (Surface temperature records such as the one shown here have been quality controlled to remove the effects of urbanization at observing stations in and around cities).
Click on Thumbnail for full size image.
United States Surface Temperature Trends
Observations compiled by NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center indicate that over the past century, temperatures rose across the contiguous United States at an average rate of 0.11°F per decade (1.1°F per century). Average temperatures rose at an increased rate of 0.56°F per decade from 1979 to 2005. The most recent eight-, nine-, and ten-year periods were the warmest on record.

Warming occurred throughout most of the U.S., with all but three of the eleven climate regions showing an increase of more than 1°F since 1901. The greatest temperature increase occurred in Alaska (3.3°F per century). The Southeast experienced a very slight cooling trend over the entire period (-0.04°F per century), but shows warming since 1979.

Figure 2: Annual Mean Temperature Anomalies 1901-2005. Click on Thumbnail for full size image. Data courtesy NOAA's National Climatic Data Center.
Records from land stations and ships indicate that the global mean surface temperature warmed by about 0.9°F since 1880 (see Figure 1). These records indicate a near level trend in temperatures from 1880 to about 1910, a rise to 1945, a slight decline to about 1975, and a rise to present (NRC, 2006). The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) concluded in 2007 that warming of the climate system is now “unequivocal,” based on observations of increases in global average air and ocean temperatures, widespread melting of snow and ice, and rising global average sea level (IPCC, 2007).

According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) 2008 State of the Climate Report and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration's (NASA) 2008 Surface Temperature Analysis:

Since the mid 1970s, the average surface temperature has warmed about 1°F.
The Earth’s surface is currently warming at a rate of about 0.29ºF/decade or 2.9°F/century.
The eight warmest years on record (since 1880) have all occurred since 2001, with the warmest year being 2005.

Top 11 Warmest Years On Record Have All Been In Last 13 Years

Old Rocks - your posts might be behind the sun's penchant for sleep lately.

Stop it! The world cannot afford another Ice Age right now!!!!

Always.

That and I'm a big fan of the three stooges, a reference ("soy-cumstance") that you may not have recognized.

What amuses me in this debate is how convinced both sides are that their experts are right, Neser.

We cannot even agree on whehter our globe is warming or cooling.

There's not much room for rational debate given that impasse.

Always.

That and I'm a big fan of the three stooges, a reference ("soy-cumstance") that you may not have recognized.

What amuses me in this debate is how convinced both sides are that their experts are right, Neser.

We cannot even agree on whehter our globe is warming or cooling.

There's not much room for rational debate given that impasse.

Which makes the possible passage of Cap n Tax that much more inane insanity...

Forum List

Back