New York Times has its panties in a bunch over Trump's style of dealing with foreign leaders...

International relations are more complex than Trump is capable of, even if he understood our relationships with other countries.

The reason Americans voted for Trump is because we wanted to do away with the way things have done, because the Washington insiders running our country have been serving the interests of the wealthy elites, and not us, for at least 50 years.

So
International relations are more complex than Trump is capable of, even if he understood our relationships with other countries.
So what your saying is that a person who owns a multi-billion dollar company has never dealt with foreign governments ?

So
So what your saying is that a person who owns a multi-billion dollar company has never dealt with foreign governments ?
Trump took a small loan from his Dad and turned it into billions of dollars, but liberals think he can't handle a few phone calls.

We'll see soon enough, won't we?

We've already seen. China lodged a complaint. Trump's people were in Taiwan on the 19 of last month to close a deal. This phone call seams suspicious.

So

Not on the level as another country. If a business man screws up, his deal falls through. If a country's diplomacy screws up, there is a war with dead soldiers.

The reason Americans voted for Trump is because we wanted to do away with the way things have done, because the Washington insiders running our country have been serving the interests of the wealthy elites, and not us, for at least 50 years.
I think the peace among the major powers of the world is a very delicately and carefully crafted balance that is now tied to very powerful wallets. Wallets talk, every time. When we "shake up" the way economies work, we also change that delicate balance that is holding the peace between US, China and Russia. Other actors will pile on if there is a conflict and it will not be a "winning" proposition for anyone.
My biggest fear about Trump has always been this. I hope the peace can hold. He should be mindful, is all, of what he is doing, playing with the current balances.

I think the peace among the major powers of the world is a very delicately and carefully crafted balance that is now tied to very powerful wallets. Wallets talk, every time. When we "shake up" the way economies work, we also change that delicate balance that is holding the peace between US, China and Russia. Other actors will pile on if there is a conflict and it will not be a "winning" proposition for anyone.
My biggest fear about Trump has always been this. I hope the peace can hold. He should be mindful, is all, of what he is doing, playing with the current balances.

The problem is that he doesn't understand the current balances, or that they even exist.

If it was just a call to receive congratulations, it won't mean anything in the long run. Trump may have just wanted to be polite when he somehow received the call.

The problem is that he doesn't understand the current balances, or that they even exist.
I don't think we can automatically assume that. He may be pushing the envelope knowing what is truly "over the line." At least I hope so. We can't automatically assume the man knows nothing, or that his advisers know nothing. He IS being briefed, and he has information from the State Department to work with. He promised things would be different. Okay. We have no choice but to wait and see. It is destructive, though, to automatically dismiss our soon to be President as knowing nothing, out of hand, before he proves it.

But t
So

Not on the level as another country. If a business man screws up, his deal falls through. If a country's diplomacy screws up, there is a war with dead soldiers.

But the former community organizer and Jr. Senator from Illinois was more than qualified ? Please. Trump has to have more experience dealing with foreign Governments being that he has been in the business world since Obama was still wiping snot from his nose.

If it was just a call to receive congratulations, it won't mean anything in the long run. Trump may have just wanted to be polite when he somehow received the call.

The call was prearranged. It wasn't just a random congratulatory call. The president of Taiwan was well aware of the diplomatic ramifications, and if Trump would have bothered to communicate with the state department, or accept the security briefings that he is offered every day, he would have too. The man is a loose cannon, and an idiot.

I don't think we can automatically assume that. He may be pushing the envelope knowing what is truly "over the line." At least I hope so. We can't automatically assume the man knows nothing, or that his advisers know nothing. He IS being briefed, and he has information from the State Department to work with. He promised things would be different. Okay. We have no choice but to wait and see. It is destructive, though, to automatically dismiss our soon to be President as knowing nothing, out of hand, before he proves it.

He was not briefed before this call. It was prearranged, but he didn't even bother to mention it to the state department. This proves he is a know nothing who doesn't even care to find out.

But t
So

But the former community organizer and Jr. Senator from Illinois was more than qualified ? Please. Trump has to have more experience dealing with foreign Governments being that he has been in the business world since Obama was still wiping snot from his nose.

If a business man fails with a foreign government, a failed business deal is the result. If a county's diplomacy fails with a foreign country, trade disruption, and dead soldiers are the result.

He was not briefed before this call. It was prearranged, but he didn't even bother to mention it to the state department. This proves he is a know nothing who doesn't even care to find out.
Boo hoo bitch.

Forum List

Back