New York Times endorses Kerry

It has at least been decades since the NY Times endorsed anyone other than a Democrat. I wonder if the NYT has ever endorsed a Republican. You can bet the farm on the fact that the LA Times will also endorse Kerry. On the other hand, the NY Daily News, NY Post, and Chicago Tribune will probably endorse Bush.

Actually, if you read between the lines, the Times is rather careful to qualify its endorsement of kerry. They wave the pennant for kerry and pillory George Bush throughout their two page article, raving on much like an aging drama queen. But then in the last paragraph, they give themselves away. They know kerry is full of crap and has no coherent programs, so they are already thinking ahead and setting themselves up as visionaries. In their so-called "endorsement" of kerry, they hedge their bets. The Times lays the groundwork for blaming the Republican congress for the certain failure of a kerry presidency. In doing so, the Times reveals themselves for the pathetic editorial whores they have become.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/17/o...1a9760f9069&ex=1255665600&partner=rssuserland
"Voting for president is a leap of faith. A candidate can explain his positions in minute detail and wind up governing with a hostile Congress that refuses to let him deliver. A disaster can upend the best-laid plans. All citizens can do is mix guesswork and hope, examining what the candidates have done in the past, their apparent priorities and their general character. It's on those three grounds that we enthusiastically endorse John Kerry for president."

Funny, isn't it that the Times can state "A disaster can upend the best-laid plans"? They want to give kerry the cushion for "disasters" that have yet to occur, but they will not give George Bush the same credit for the effect on our nation of the events on Sep 11, 2001.

If I owned a canary, I wouldn't let him crap on the New York Times. That would improve the content of their pitiful rag.

Yurt said:
Click here for left wing media

We all knew it, but now this is solid proof.

Question, is this normal for NYT to endorse democrats? Have they done this in the past? If so, then maybe this is nothing knew.

Gosh after 2 years plus of their columnists trying to destroy Bush's reputation, it's no big surprise they finally put the icing on the cake.

Forum List

Back