New York Times defends bombshell Rosenstein report

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
President Trump has to be LOVING THIS!....He can stand back and do nothing but have surragates continue to bring this up through midterms. Ans a day after fire this prick on evidence supplied by the NY Slimes....waiting for the hammer to drop!

Read more at
The Hill ^ | 09/22/18 | John Bowden

The New York Times on Saturday defended its bombshell report on Friday that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein discussed secretly recording conversations with President Trump last year and proposed the possibility of administration officials invoking the 25th Amendment to remove the president from office.

The Times's deputy managing editor Matt Purdy wrote in a statement Saturday that the newspaper stands by the reporting of its journalists, Mike Schmidt and Adam Goldman, who broke the story.

Citing unnamed sources, the Times reported on Friday that Rosenstein made the remarks just weeks into his job last year following the sudden firing of FBI Director James Comey.

"Just because you don't like the facts, don't comfort yourself by dismissing the story as fake or credulous reporting," Purdy wrote. "The DOJ claim that Rosenstein was sarcastic when he suggested he wear a wire on Trump is not supported by our reporting or others."

"It is the responsibility of the media to report the facts, however comforting or discomforting," Purdy continued.

Purdy's statement came less than a day after the Justice Department circulated a statement from an official who claimed to have been in the room with Rosenstein when he made the alleged remarks. The official, however, said described the remarks as sarcastic in nature.

The Times and other news outlets have fought back frequently against harsh criticism from the president and his administration, who have characterized what they perceive as negative reporting as "fake news."

Rosenstein on Friday fiercely denied the Times's reporting in two separate statements, refusing to address the specifics but stating that he saw no reason to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office. The amendment proscribes a process by which a majority of Cabinet members can vote to remove a president deemed unfit to serve.

“The New York Times’s story is inaccurate and factually incorrect,” He said in a statement issued by the Justice Department. “I will not further comment on a story based on anonymous sources who are obviously biased against the department and are advancing their own personal agenda.

"But let me be clear about this: Based on my personal dealings with the president, there is no basis to invoke the 25th Amendment,” the deputy attorney general added.

President Trump has to be LOVING THIS!....He can stand back and do nothing but have surragates continue to bring this up through midterms. Ans a day after fire this prick on evidence supplied by the NY Slimes....waiting for the hammer to drop!

Read more at

The New York Times on Saturday defended its bombshell report on Friday that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein discussed secretly recording conversations with President Trump last year and proposed the possibility of administration officials invoking the 25th Amendment to remove the president from office.

The Times's deputy managing editor Matt Purdy wrote in a statement Saturday that the newspaper stands by the reporting of its journalists, Mike Schmidt and Adam Goldman, who broke the story.

Citing unnamed sources, the Times reported on Friday that Rosenstein made the remarks just weeks into his job last year following the sudden firing of FBI Director James Comey.

"Just because you don't like the facts, don't comfort yourself by dismissing the story as fake or credulous reporting," Purdy wrote. "The DOJ claim that Rosenstein was sarcastic when he suggested he wear a wire on Trump is not supported by our reporting or others."

"It is the responsibility of the media to report the facts, however comforting or discomforting," Purdy continued.

Purdy's statement came less than a day after the Justice Department circulated a statement from an official who claimed to have been in the room with Rosenstein when he made the alleged remarks. The official, however, said described the remarks as sarcastic in nature.

The Times and other news outlets have fought back frequently against harsh criticism from the president and his administration, who have characterized what they perceive as negative reporting as "fake news."

Rosenstein on Friday fiercely denied the Times's reporting in two separate statements, refusing to address the specifics but stating that he saw no reason to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office. The amendment proscribes a process by which a majority of Cabinet members can vote to remove a president deemed unfit to serve.

“The New York Times’s story is inaccurate and factually incorrect,” He said in a statement issued by the Justice Department. “I will not further comment on a story based on anonymous sources who are obviously biased against the department and are advancing their own personal agenda.

"But let me be clear about this: Based on my personal dealings with the president, there is no basis to invoke the 25th Amendment,” the deputy attorney general added.
I don't like Rosenstein, but when you look at the statement that I don't doubt he made the context has a lot to do the meaning. He was with the DOJ only two weeks at that time. The Progressives want to throw him under the bus for Political reasons.

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-22_12-19-40.jpeg
    upload_2018-9-22_12-19-40.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 24
The NYT has to know this will mean Rosenstein is fired and the Mueller investigation will be open to attack by the President.
I wonder why they want that to happen.

Read more at

What is funny is that for years the Left have defended the Times, now that they have ratted out Rosenstein the Left are saying: Wait a minute! How do we know its true? We all know its true---- Rosenstein was just another swamp rat who needs taken out to the deep end in a burlap sack and drowned.

Read more at

I don't like Rosenstein, but when you look at the statement that I don't doubt he made the context has a lot to do the meaning. He was with the DOJ only two weeks at that time. The Progressives want to throw him under the bus for Political reasons.
I think they want to sacrifice him so they can use his firing as grounds for obstruction...thus grounds for impeachment.

Read more at

I think they want to sacrifice him so they can use his firing as grounds for obstruction...thus grounds for impeachment.
Trump has a pretty good legal team, they have been slowing down his responses to everything....must be a group effort!

Read more at

Trump has a pretty good legal team, they have been slowing down his responses to everything....must be a group effort!
So you think that Trump can't control himself.
I think he says what he wants...but weighs the repercussions for everything he does before acting.

This is the typical attack that the left does to every Republican.

• They're stupid
  • Rich
  • Racist

Read more at

:777:So now it's not fake news? Do Republicans have any idea how full of shit they are?

Read more at

Really? Why would they need to do that, if he's done nothing wrong? Answer, because he acts guilty. And guess what? Those who act guilty, are definitely guilty.

Read more at

I was telling my father this morning. Its McCabe letting Rosenstein he has dirt on his filthy jewish ass and if he pursues charges against McCabe,McCabe will drop more bombs...I love it. The rats are turning on each other!

Monday is going to be an interesting day. Sessions is duty bound by policy and procedure to remove Rosenstine and place him on administrative leave (with pay) pending an internal and criminal investigation. Rosenstine has been accused of criminal misconduct and must be removed from all classified and over-site duties pending an investigation. Sessions has no choice or he too could face removal for malfeasance.

This is required by DOJ Policy and Procedure and not something Sessions or Trump can control...

Read more at

The more I think about this the more it smells like a set up for Trump and Sessions..P&P requires Rosenstine be removed and placed on admin leave. The left will spin it as an attack on the witch hunt... This wont end well but they have their hands tied by Policy and Procedure when staff is accused of criminal activity...

They simply have no choice here.

Read more at

:777:So now it's not fake news? Do Republicans have any idea how full of shit they are?
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Yellow bellied socialist!

Read more at

Ad hominem + fake news media - fake news media = full of shit Republican!

Read more at

Ad hominem + fake news media - fake news media = full of shit Republican!

TDS-Trump-Derangement-Syndrome-620x345.jpg

Read more at

I'm kind of curious how they can claim 'facts' based upon an anonymous source.

Monday is going to be an interesting day. Sessions is duty bound by policy and procedure to remove Rosenstine and place him on administrative leave (with pay) pending an internal and criminal investigation. Rosenstine has been accused of criminal misconduct and must be removed from all classified and over-site duties pending an investigation. Sessions has no choice or he too could face removal for malfeasance.

This is required by DOJ Policy and Procedure and not something Sessions or Trump can control...
Riiiiiiiiight, that's gonna happen.

Not.

Forum List

Back