New york times columnist apologizes to tea party republicans

Google

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2011
Remember when dissent was the highest form of patriotism? Remember when the president reassured the country that a new tone was going to be embraced, and that everyone was going to learn the lessons of the tragic shooting of Rep. Giffords--that language was going to be tempered?

Now dissent is racist, and just a shy of a year after the Giffords shooting the Vice President is comparing Tea Party Republicans to the people that murdered America's brave service men and women in Afghanistan yesterday.

The hypocrisy slaps you in the face, and only delusional leftists so caught up in hatred are blind to it. Even the NY Times can admit it:

“That anger reached its apex on Tuesday, when I wrote a column comparing the Tea Party Republicans to terrorists. The words I chose were intemperate and offensive to many, and I’ve been roundly criticized. I was a hypocrite, the critics said, for using such language when on other occasions I’ve called for a more civil politics. In the cool light of day, I agree with them. I apologize.”

Here are the comments he is apologizing for:

“For now, the Tea Party Republicans can put aside their suicide vests. But rest assured: They’ll have them on again soon enough.”

“These last few months, much of the country has watched in horror as the Tea Party Republicans have waged jihad on the American people.”

Remember when dissent was the highest form of patriotism? Remember when the president reassured the country that a new tone was going to be embraced, and that everyone was going to learn the lessons of the tragic shooting of Rep. Giffords--that language was going to be tempered?

Now dissent is racist, and just a shy of a year after the Giffords shooting the Vice President is comparing Tea Party Republicans to the people that murdered America's brave service men and women in Afghanistan yesterday.

The hypocrisy slaps you in the face, and only delusional leftists so caught up in hatred are blind to it. Even the NY Times can admit it:

“That anger reached its apex on Tuesday, when I wrote a column comparing the Tea Party Republicans to terrorists. The words I chose were intemperate and offensive to many, and I’ve been roundly criticized. I was a hypocrite, the critics said, for using such language when on other occasions I’ve called for a more civil politics. In the cool light of day, I agree with them. I apologize.”

Here are the comments he is apologizing for:

“For now, the Tea Party Republicans can put aside their suicide vests. But rest assured: They’ll have them on again soon enough.”

“These last few months, much of the country has watched in horror as the Tea Party Republicans have waged jihad on the American people.”

I can not recall a time in my life when the left wasnt vile. I still remember as a child my family being chastised for having served or serving in the military. BABY KILLERS.

Now I find them as petty as a person can get.

There is one big difference in the direction of the words.

The tea party spoke of being the agressor.

This man did not say he was going to target TP people and find second amendment solutions to their policies.

He did not talk of shooting ltea party people in the head did he?

I m fine with him appologising and not wanting to satrt the mess back up again but you and he are missing a great big differance.

Dont shoot me has a completely different impact on nutters as We need to go shoot someone.

Ask a mental health professional.

Whats been sad to watch is how many on the left just picked up with all that the MEDIA said, calling the people in this country, terrorist, hostage takers, Racist, Tea party is the KKK, etc etc and spreading it. Even their elected Representatives did it and they SAID NOTHING.

I've never been more disgusted.

Last edited:
Whats been sad to watch is how many on the left just picked up with all that the MEDIA said, calling the people in this country, terrorist, hostage takers, Racist, Tea party is the KKK, etc etc and spreading it. Even their elected Representatives did it and they SAID NOTHING.

I've never been more disgusted.

All they have achieved is to demonstrate their complete and total inability to think for themselves. Which, when you consider it, is a good thing. Bunch of fucking borg in the Obamanation.

Critical thinking - it's a right wing concept. :lol:

. I still remember as a child my family being chastised for having served or serving in the military. BABY KILLERS.

Thats what happened to me when we came back StateSide in 1970 and the kids found out my dad was in the .mil

In the grand State of Taxachussets to boot.

I beat the chit out of the 3 kids who wanted to spit to start that fight,

im not bragging

the State is full of yankee's, i mean pusssies.

Thats all im saying

:lol:

What tea partier EVER appologised for their violent AGRESSIVE words?

BTW McConnal called it hostage taking and said they should do it again

This man did not say he was going to target TP people and find second amendment solutions to their policies.

I m fine with him appologising and not wanting to satrt the mess back up again but you and he are missing a great big differance.

Dont shoot me has a completely different impact on nutters as We need to go shoot someone.

Shockingly, you are so delusional that you can not see something as blatant as this.

Palin put up a bulls eye target on a map of contested elections, and that was enough for you and the left to accuse her as the one responsible.

He may have not directly asked for the shooting of TP Republicans--but he compared them to the people our country is currently at 'war' with. It would be akin to DURING WWII comparing politicians to Nazi's.

Let me ask you this, if some moron out there reads his words as literal, and believes the Tea Party Republicans are just as a threat to the nation as terrorists and does go out and shoot someone, who is responsible?

You are a pathetic partisan hack :lol:

. I still remember as a child my family being chastised for having served or serving in the military. BABY KILLERS.

Thats what happened to me when we came back StateSide in 1970 and the kids found out my dad was in the .mil

In the grand State of Taxachussets to boot.

I beat the chit out of the 3 kids who wanted to spit to start that fight,

im not bragging

the State is full of yankee's, i mean pusssies.

Thats all im saying

:lol:

Now a days they insist those incidents never happened. During boot camp on our first trip off base. We were harassed by the local yokels. It didnt turn out well for them. IDIOTS.

Now a days they insist those incidents never happened. During boot camp on our first trip off base. We were harassed by the local yokels. It didnt turn out well for them. IDIOTS.

Chit, i remember my dad saying how they were told not to wear their uniforms off base in
South Carolina in the late 50's cause the rebels dint like the feds.

Imagine something like that happening today.

:eusa_whistle:

Shockingly, you are so delusional that you can not see something as blatant as this.

Palin put up a bulls eye target on a map of contested elections, and that was enough for you and the left to accuse her as the one responsible.

He may have not directly asked for the shooting of TP Republicans--but he compared them to the people our country is currently at 'war' with. It would be akin to DURING WWII comparing politicians to Nazi's.

Let me ask you this, if some moron out there reads his words as literal, and believes the Tea Party Republicans are just as a threat to the nation as terrorists and does go out and shoot someone, who is responsible?

You refuse to understand and accept that the tea party was fomenting violence.

They used gun referances, carried guns to political rallies, talked of second amendment solutions to not winning elections, Put GUN CROSS HAIRS on peoples faces and pretended that the government was going to come after their guns.

Do you know how many police officers were killed by people who claimed the officers were after their guns?

Saying that person is threatening me is NOT the same as saying Im going to shoot that guy if I dont get my way.

The very fact that you think those two statements are equally violent shows just how messed up your thinking is.

The hateful words that the left are using to describe the tea party, is to try to intimidate them into silence.
It's always worked for them in the past, but the left is slowly realizing that it won't work any longer.

It aint working cause in 3D you clearly see what the problem with them is.

"Liberalism is a mental disorder!"

Dr. Savage Rules!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tTDiZZYCAs]‪Gabrielle Giffords warns Sarah Palin there will be consequences.‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Should Giffords apologize now too?

3 officers killed in Pittsburgh shooting | NOLA.com

PITTSBURGH -- A man opened fire on officers during a domestic disturbance call Saturday morning, killing three of them, a police official said. Friends said he feared the Obama administration was poised to ban guns.

Three officers were killed, said a police official at the scene who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media. Police spokeswoman Diane Richard would only say that at least five officers were wounded, but wouldn't give any other details.

You refuse to understand and accept that the tea party was fomenting violence.

They used gun referances, carried guns to political rallies, talked of second amendment solutions to not winning elections, Put GUN CROSS HAIRS on peoples faces and pretended that the government was going to come after their guns.

Do you know how many police officers were killed by people who claimed the officers were after their guns?

Saying that person is threatening me is NOT the same as saying Im going to shoot that guy if I dont get my way.

The very fact that you think those two statements are equally violent shows just how messed up your thinking is.

Did Palin talk about shooting people in the head? No.

The very fact that you cannot see the issue on the left, but constantly accuse everyone on the right of 'hate' makes you a total fucking hypocrite. It's funny that you can't see it. You have no integrity, truthdon'tmatter..... you make a mockery of your username every day.

I wonder how the families of those police officers feel about your statement?

Forum List

Back