New York Times: $15 an Hour is Meant to Drive Fast Food Out of Business

So why is our min wage at most 2/3 of ALL other modern countries, and less than half of NZ and Australia, hater dupes. The real world proves all your your hysteria about raising the min wage is total bs...functional morons.

$15 an Hour is Meant to Drive Fast Food Out of Business

That's not what will happen. The workers will just be replaced by kiosks and unemployment will continue to climb among low skilled workers. Either way, this works out great for the political left because it will just mean more people dependent on the government.

You're deluded about the the cost of labor that goes into selling a Big Mack.

OK, smart guy, what's a Big Mac going to cost after these greedy, overpaid, low life workers get their way?

Zero. Because there won't be any of those "greedy,overpaid, low life workers" left to make them. Remember, McDonalds has been in business for longer than some of us have been alive (74 years), any company that has survived that long in the restaurant business has done whatever it took to stay in business.

The next wave of employees will be automated. These employees will work tirelessly, for no wages, and no complaints. That way, McDonalds will be able to care less about its bottom line and more about serving their customers.

The problem with that? The human employees will be out of work, and will have only themselves to blame for losing their jobs.

Horse patoot- People will dump the place and they'll go out of business for being so impersonal and NOT people oriented. The price would go up about 10%. BFD.

So why is our min wage at most 2/3 of ALL other modern countries, and less than half of NZ and Australia, hater dupes.

Maybe because of this you silly dumb dumb butthead poopy dupe

Cost of Living Index by Country 2015
What is your point? Everyone in other modern countries have more money and thus they pay more for stuff? That you WANT us to be a 3rd world country where the tiny rich oligarchy just LOVES the low prices while 99% suffer? Brainwashed functional idiot.

You're deluded about the the cost of labor that goes into selling a Big Mack.

OK, smart guy, what's a Big Mac going to cost after these greedy, overpaid, low life workers get their way?

Zero. Because there won't be any of those "greedy,overpaid, low life workers" left to make them. Remember, McDonalds has been in business for longer than some of us have been alive (74 years), any company that has survived that long in the restaurant business has done whatever it took to stay in business.

The next wave of employees will be automated. These employees will work tirelessly, for no wages, and no complaints. That way, McDonalds will be able to care less about its bottom line and more about serving their customers.

The problem with that? The human employees will be out of work, and will have only themselves to blame for losing their jobs.

Raising he minimum wage will do more harm to the mom and pop stores than the big corporations like McDonalds, Wal-mart, Target, Burger King, Subway, etc..

Raising he minimum wage will do more harm to the mom and pop stores than the big corporations like McDonalds, Wal-mart, Target, Burger King, Subway, etc..

Yes it will. But those employees demanding $15 an hour will soon realize that $7.25 or $8.25 an hour would be preferable to being on the streets. Mom and Pop or Corporation, they'll both do the same thing. They'll say "You don't like what you're being paid? You want more? Do something to earn a raise or get out."

Yes it will. But those employees demanding $15 an hour will soon realize that $7.25 or $8.25 an hour would be preferable to being on the streets. Mom and Pop or Corporation, they'll both do the same thing. They'll say "You don't like what you're being paid? You want more? Do something to earn a raise or get out."

Mom and Pop stores will close, big corporations will force the public to deal with more automation. So in a sense you are correct.

I still think if the unions want this then they should hire these people and pay them what they think they are worth..

Not to worry, soon there will be robots to replace people. I find it hard to believe a robot can be bought and maintained for much less then 15 dollars an hour but because of the liberals good intentions we soon may find out.

A number of McDonald's have already installed Kiosks where customers can submit their orders. That eliminates the need for 3-4 employees at the front counter. The next thing will be machines to make burgers.

Sheetz has been doing it for years.

So why is our min wage at most 2/3 of ALL other modern countries, and less than half of NZ and Australia, hater dupes. The real world proves all your your hysteria about raising the min wage is total bs...functional morons.
Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Finland, Denmark, and Austria don't have statutory minimum wage... some more real world for you.

Tell us your objection to simply basing a worker's wage upon what that worker's work is worth.

Last edited:
Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Finland, Denmark, and Austria don't have statutory minimum wage... some more real world for you.

Tell us your objection to simply basing a worker's wage upon what that worker's work is worth.
They don't need one, because unions are so strong and the bosses aren't shortsighted, brainwashed, a-hole GOPers most of the time. For example, the effective min wage in Denmark is $20...

Who gives a rip what happens to fast food? I have no interest in seeing it flourish as I don't eat it. If it does fine, so be it. If it starts to go under, nothing lost.

I've rooted twice in my life for businesses I've worked for and quit to go under, and both did. prayersanswered.

Who gives a rip what happens to fast food? I have no interest in seeing it flourish as I don't eat it. If it does fine, so be it. If it starts to go under, nothing lost.

I'm not sure are you cheering more for fast food joints to close or for all those kids to lose their jobs?

They don't need one, because unions are so strong and the bosses aren't shortsighted, brainwashed, a-hole GOPers most of the time. For example, the effective min wage in Denmark is $20...
Rationalize it as you like, the real world just demonstrated that your notions about the "real world" are meaningless. Not "ALL other modern countries" have a statutory minimum wage higher than the U.S.

The "modern countries" with no statutory minimum wage seem to be doing OK.

Last edited:

Without Fast Food many might starve...dems mostly...

Maybe the Democratic Party wants to open up a chain of, "Soup Kitchens".

Forum List

Back