New York Students Protest Outside High School Over 'Tebowing' Incident

While off topic, OWS used the McDonald's across from the park, I give the owner kudos for this small act. Weird how trivial the minds of the wingnuts are, do they not shit? I guess not, as shitting sure has become an important topic for their empty heads. One wonders what important topic they'll think of next?

While off topic, OWS used the McDonald's across from the park, I give the owner kudos for this small act. Weird how trivial the minds of the wingnuts are, do they not shit? I guess not, as shitting sure has become an important topic for their empty heads. One wonders what important topic they'll think of next?

I passed by Zuccotti park before it was shut down. They had all sorts of signs directing protesters which establishments were allowing them to use the bathrooms. Much to my surprise..they included banks, like Chase. It was a very well organized and clean site.

I'm sorry, what is your issue here? A couple students lead a "salute" to Tim Tebow which in turn lead to disorderly conduct in the school's hallways, impeded free movement, and created potential hazards, all while distracting from the work of education. They got suspended for a day. I don't see a problem with this any of this. I'm sure the kids meant no harm and were just having some innocent fun. But their actions were also out of order. It happens. Kids get a little carried away, they get a mild punishment so that they'll learn a lesson, and life goes on.

Miyagi say that was stupid to father when same thing happen. Father agree, was stupid. Father was right.

demotivational-posters-mr-miyagi.jpg

I'm sorry, what is your issue here? A couple students lead a "salute" to Tim Tebow which in turn lead to disorderly conduct in the school's hallways, impeded free movement, and created potential hazards, all while distracting from the work of education. They got suspended for a day. I don't see a problem with this any of this. I'm sure the kids meant no harm and were just having some innocent fun. But their actions were also out of order. It happens. Kids get a little carried away, they get a mild punishment so that they'll learn a lesson, and life goes on.

Correct.

But as in the other idiotic thread concerning the same subject (in which this thread is equally idiotic), this is a pathetic effort by the right to contrive a controversy where none exists; a failed attempt to portray ‘liberals’ as ‘anti-Christian,’ and the students as some sort of ‘martyrs.’ Neither thread provided evidence that the school administration is ‘liberal,’ or the suspensions politically motivated.

Indeed, the school administration acted appropriately and responsibly to enforce its policy prohibiting disruptive behavior. As with the OWS protesters, such disruptive displays are not in general considered protected ‘speech.’

The "Tebowing" that reportedly led to the suspension of two New York high schoolers continues as more than a dozen students chanted Tebow’s name and struck his kneeling, fisted signature pose in front of the school Friday, the New York Post reports.
The students gathered Friday as one of the 17-year-old twin brothers who were suspended this week served out his single-day punishment for leading dozens of students in the same homage all week in a hallway.

Read more: New York Students Protest Outside High School Over 'Tebowing' Incident | Fox News

Some young people have more intelligence than the liberal skanks who inhabit this board..

Merry Christmas!
Do you agree with Tim?

"'You have to respect the position of authority and people that God’s put as authority over you,' Tebow told the media."

New York Students Protest Outside High School Over 'Tebowing' Incident | Fox News

The school may have over-reacted, but the fact that only 2 out of dozens, got suspended makes me suspect that there's a little more to the story.

It seems simple to me. The two who instigated the whole thing were the ones who were suspended, for being the cause of the disturbance. I've worked with kids for 15 years. Often times the most important thing to maintaining order amongst kids is to identify those who have influence over their peers and to focus on minimizing and preempting them from using that influence in undesirable ways. The message still communicates to all the kids, unruly behavior is not acceptable. But it has the greatest effect on those kids who are most likely to cause a major disturbance, through their influence over the others.

Oh..you just spelled the word wrong.

And why?

The OWS protesters didn't defecate in anyone's hallway.

You are correct: OWS protestors defecated in public parks.

And Public Schools are not Public Parks.

Huge difference.....:lol:

Really? When did that happen?

Anyone arrested?

Link?

Link? Got one to a credible source that lists anything about Bush or Cheney lying us into war?

Link? Got one to a credible source that lists anything about Bush or Cheney lying us into war?

Here, among others:

Amid questions about prewar intelligence, the White House is acknowledging that President Bush was incorrect when he said in his State of the Union address that Iraq recently had sought significant quantities of uranium in Africa.

White House Admits WMD Error - CBS News

Forum List

Back