New York Sports: Ready to Rumble!

It'll be fun to watch the Rangers lose another Stanley Cup Final to a Southern California franchise for the second year in a row, just sayin'.

3 goals in 37 seconds for Anaheim, crazy. And they still end up losing!

These are a couple of close series.

Not as crazy as the Hawks scoring two goals (the second shot from behind the endline) in the final two mins of Game 5 to force OT. Ducks pulled it out; but they'd be kicking themselves otherwise.

Not as crazy as the Hawks scoring two goals (the second shot from behind the endline) in the final two mins of Game 5 to force OT. Ducks pulled it out; but they'd be kicking themselves otherwise.

"As hockey fans, we sometimes forget that the sport is actually a business. And in order for that business to be successful, you need to make money. So, it makes more sense for the NHL to be rooting for both the Chicago Blackhawks and New York Rangers to make it to the Stanley Cup Final.
Why? Well New York and Chicago are HUGE markets, much bigger than Anaheim (as there are three California teams and I am sure fans of the San Jose Sharks and Los Angeles Kings don’t care to watch their enemy hunt for the Cup) and Tampa."
NHL Hoping for Chicago-New York Stanley Cup Final

"As hockey fans, we sometimes forget that the sport is actually a business. And in order for that business to be successful, you need to make money. So, it makes more sense for the NHL to be rooting for both the Chicago Blackhawks and New York Rangers to make it to the Stanley Cup Final.
Why? Well New York and Chicago are HUGE markets, much bigger than Anaheim (as there are three California teams and I am sure fans of the San Jose Sharks and Los Angeles Kings don’t care to watch their enemy hunt for the Cup) and Tampa."
NHL Hoping for Chicago-New York Stanley Cup Final

In basketball, this is absolutely true; and the NBA basically is constantly cheating to this end. Hockey is more of a niche fan base. But I'm sure there's some application here in terms of ratings.

Gotta root for the small market team to go into Madison Square Garden and quiet The Big Apple in Game 7.

I'd root for Anaheim or Chicago to beat the Rangers, but not Tampa. Go away Lightning! Don't ruin hockey even more! :mad:

I'm not sure what your point of reference is for this opinion. (Not inlcuding Stanley Cup Finals that had my Kings), I still think the 2004 Stanley Cup Finals that the Lightning won in Game 7 is the most exciting ever.

Gotta root for the small market team to go into Madison Square Garden and quiet The Big Apple in Game 7.

I'd root for Anaheim or Chicago to beat the Rangers, but not Tampa. Go away Lightning! Don't ruin hockey even more! :mad:

I'm not sure what your point of reference is for this opinion. (Not inlcuding Stanley Cup Finals that had my Kings), I still think the 2004 Stanley Cup Finals that the Lightning won in Game 7 is the most exciting ever.

After that Cup, the NHL had a lockout and lost their ESPN contract. That's when things went to VS, which at the time was the Outdoor Life Network or something like that.

The Lightning didn't really do anything, but because it happened immediately following their first Cup win, I blame them for it. I don't like Tampa sports teams anyway, although I lived there for a long time. :p

After that Cup, the NHL had a lockout and lost their ESPN contract. That's when things went to VS, which at the time was the Outdoor Life Network or something like that.

The Lightning didn't really do anything, but because it happened immediately following their first Cup win, I blame them for it. I don't like Tampa sports teams anyway, although I lived there for a long time. :p

There is something about Tampa Bay (sports) that seems to rub people the wrong way.

There is something about Tampa Bay (sports) that seems to rub people the wrong way.

I already had my sports loyalties when I moved to Tampa. Then there was the creamsicle Bucs, that didn't help inspire any desire to cheer on a Tampa team. :lol:

The only team I am a fan of because of geographic location is the Islanders, and that's really because I learned it from my parents. I became a Red Wings fan because of the Russian 5 line, I started rooting for the 49ers when they played the Dolphins in the Super Bowl and I decided to pick one of the teams to root for. I have not adjusted my team loyalties moving to Tampa nor to Georgia. I get that most people root for the team where they live, it's just not my thing.

But yeah, Tampa has had some terrible, terrible teams. The Lightning were pretty bad when they first came to the NHL if I remember correctly, too. I'm not a fan of the lightning bug mascot, either, now that I think of it. :lmao:

Yay! for you being a Rangers fan.

However the whole "Yankee fan" thing......

Sorry, have to do this.

asshole_yankee_fans-13351.jpg

A more apt location would be Philadelphia (any team there, any stadium there). Fans are not only fanatical, they are suicidal................

Forum List

Back