New York schools drop Michelle O’s lunch program

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
Central New York’s Fayetteville-Manlius and Baldwinsville school districts are the latest to ditch the National School Lunch Program, which was revamped in 2010 under the guidance of First Lady Michelle Obama in an effort to fight childhood obesity.
Strict limits on calories, fat, sugar, carbohydrates, sodium and other aspects of the school lunch imposed by the federal government on schools participating in the free and reduced lunch program has not only increased cafeteria costs, they’ve resulted in a drastic drop in the number of participating students.

At Fayetteville-Manlius, Baldwinsville, and thousands of other districts the new regulations resulted in a sharp downturn in students who eat school lunch and a sharp increase in food waste. The lost sales are threatening the viability of cafeteria programs in schools across the country, prompting many to do without federal subsidies to serve students food they’ll actually buy and eat.

“Grilled cheese and tomato soup was a very popular lunch,” Baldwinsville Superintendent David Hamilton told WRVO public media. “We couldn’t offer that under the new guidelines of the federal government. Spaghetti and meatballs, we couldn’t offer that either.”

As a result of last year’s school lunch menu high school lunch sales in Baldwinsville plummeted from about 600 to 430 students per day.

“We will do our best to raise money in other ways,” such as sales after school and during evening events, Brace said.

New York schools drop Michelle O 8217 s lunch program - EAGnews.org powered by Education Action Group Foundation Inc.

Of course, Barry and Michelle are opposed to any change in the structure of this program which is further dividing the country in a manner pleasing to the first family. It sets the poor against the rich.

Warren Consolidated Schools Superintendent Robert Livernois said he believes the federal regulations are creating a two-tier school lunch scenario in which poor kids are forced to eat school lunch, while others are bringing food from home.

Meanwhile, lawmakers in the U.S. House of Representatives are considering legislation to provide exemptions from the lunch regulations for schools that are losing substantial revenue, though Michelle Obama has vowed to fight for her pet project “until the bitter end.”

President Obama has also promised to veto the legislation if it makes it to his desk, the Associated Press reports.

The damage done to this country by Obama and his cronies will take decades to reverse.

The damage done to this country by Obama and his cronies will take decades to reverse.

Damage?

From the link in your OP:

Warren Consolidated Schools Superintendent Robert Livernois said he believes the federal regulations are creating a two-tier school lunch scenario in which poor kids are forced to eat school lunch, while others are bringing food from home.

POOR KIDS MUST BRING FOOD FROM HOME!!!!!

THE EARTH MUST BE ABOUT TO SPIN OFF ITS AXIS:
Theoretically, poor kids were going HUNGREY, and unable to learn effectively, so the Feds started the Free and Reduced Lunch program. I guess all those teaming masses of starving waifs throwing away food because its not tasty enough for their sophisticated palates ARE ABLE TO FIND AN ALTERNATIVE?

If this continues the Feds are going to have a real problem. Many of the ridiculous mandates they do not fund depend on the extortion of withdrawing federal dollars from school lunch programs. If no one likes the lunches, then how will they squeeze local and state officials by the balls?

Damage?

Theoretically, poor kids were going HUNGREY, and unable to learn effectively, so the Feds started the Free and Reduced Lunch program. I guess all those teaming masses of starving waifs throwing away food because its not tasty enough for their sophisticated palates ARE ABLE TO FIND AN ALTERNATIVE?

If this continues the Feds are going to have a real problem. Many of the ridiculous mandates they do not fund depend on the extortion of withdrawing federal dollars from school lunch programs. If no one likes the lunches, then how will they squeeze local and state officials by the balls?
Again you twist logic in your vain attempt to justify the results of the Obama's 'leadership'.

Divisiveness between rich and poor is being exacerbated by Barry's insistence that the attractiveness of the meals given free at schools is reduced to the point that students that can afford to do so bring their own, something that the truly poor among them cannot do...thus generating more resentment from the poor.

Truly poor kids CAN'T bring food from home. Well-off kids CAN. Michelle's lunch program is fostering that divide.

Last edited:
I love it really
that must burn her ass they are REJECTING her and her menu... if you saw some of the food you'd want to puke..I wouldn't give it to my dog

Damage?

Again you twist logic in your strain to vain attempt to justify the results of the Obama's 'leadership'.

Divisiveness between rich and poor is being exacerbated by Barry's insistence that the attractiveness of the meals given free at schools is reduced to the point that students that can afford to do so bring their own, something that the truly poor among them cannot do...thus generating more resentment from the poor.

Truly poor kids CAN'T bring food from home. Well-off kids CAN. Michelle's lunch program is fostering that divide.

Your interpretation of Robert Livernois' remark makes sense.

lunch-tweet2.jpg

I love it really
that must burn her ass they are REJECTING her and her menu... if you saw some of the food you'd want to puke..I wouldn't give it to my dog

I really wonder WTF this food is: Do you know?

yes, I worked at a grade school as a baker for the last four years. the last year when this menu was instituted I quit
check out the other thread you'll see some the reasons why

I love it really

yes, I worked at a grade school as a baker for the last four years. the last year when this menu was instituted I quit

Sorry, what other thread are you referring to?

I love it really

Michelle O's tyrannical lunch program dumped by NY Schools
I haven't figured out how to bring the link with it yet

Pretty bad when poor kids wont eat free lunch

Pretty bad when poor kids wont eat free lunch
What it show is the admin, underMichelle's guidance have no clue what makes kids tick, what its like to be poor and how to treat people with dignity.

Typicallimousine liberal

I love it really

Here's a bunch of menus

Recipes for School Food Service Healthy Meals Resource System

I haven't perused through them.

Each state appears to have contributed to a "cook-book." Maybe NY sucks? Maybe everything they make is spinach-based?

Regardless, school cafeteria food has never has a very good reputation for being the first food choice kids would make if they had one.

I love it really

Here's a bunch of menus

Each state appears to have contributed to a "cook-book." Maybe NY sucks? Maybe everything they make is spinach-based?

Regardless, school cafeteria food has never has a very good reputation for being the first food choice kids would make if they had one.

my point of view on it come's as a worker who had to deal with it all
and believe me some of the food I wouldn't eat and the children didn't either. It just went in the garbage. so what's the USE of these so smart people changing up all the menu?
I quit because of it and so did many many more. so if that's what they wanted to accomplish they did a bang up job with that.

I love it really

Here's a bunch of menus

my point of view on it come's as a worker who had to deal with it all
and believe me some of the food I wouldn't eat and the children didn't either. It just went in the garbage. so what's the USE of these so smart people changing up all the menu?
I quit because of it and so did many many more. so if that's what they wanted to accomplish they did a bang up job with that.

You quit because kids did not like school cafeteria food?

I wasn't aware that school cafeteria food had very far to fall in the kids popularity department, but then I haven't had any since the early '00's. Even then I recall quite a bit of waste. But there was always the "cheeseburger option," which never quite tasted like meat that I could ever find in a store, but covered with mustard, worked OK.

So, did the poor children start bringing their lunch from home?

they should but too many parents aren't involved and just let the schools run their children's lives
so be it, that's why they (this government) are now using them as lab rats

the government chose the menu that it was changed FROM also steph....or were you ignorant of that?????

Whatever happened to kids bring peanut butter an jelly sandwiches to school or a bologna sandwich or even a cheese sandwich, They are not that expensive all it takes is a concerned parent to make sure the kid eats.

Whatever happened to kids bring peanut butter an jelly sandwiches to school or a bologna sandwich or even a cheese sandwich, They are not that expensive all it takes is a concerned parent to make sure the kid eats.
So many schools decided that due to peanut allergies in some, no peanut butter is allowed.

Its the progressive way :dunno:

Forum List

Back