New York Says Kickball Is Dangerous

Kicking balls is dangerous and is a very sensitive part of a male body. They should put a stop to this barbaric practice as it could jeopardize the future of a young male's possibility of having children.

Wuss. :lol:

no... I'm just against random or forced ball kicking. It should be a choice. I myself enjoy a good swift kick in the balls and more important my ex loves it.

Oh really now?

What other choices do you want kids to make on their own? To take history class? Because it's to much stress? How about math and science? How about going to school altogether?

I am really shocked that kids get to opt out of physical activities. Because we are producing some really fat and wussy kids now.

I am not blind.

There are kids in the mall and in my neighborhood.

Rarely do you ever see one with a cast on their arm.

Not suggesting you are blind but do you really pay atention and count how many kids you see at the mall. but you might be right.
It was just a random observation.

When I grew up kids with casts had their friends sign them with various colored markers.

I wonder if kids wouldn't even know to do that today? :doubt:

When I grew up seeing a kid with a cast on his arm wasn't unusual.

When was the last time that you saw that?

Wish that was the case for my kid, honestly!! The lack of "dangerous" play equipment at the park hasn't really slowed my kid or his friends down at all from getting injured... From what I can remember(this year alone between him and his two closest friends) there has been 1 broken arm, 1 broken leg, 3 or 4 sets of stitches, and whiplash...
I truthfully hate to see my kiddo hurt ever but it does warm my heart to see when an injury doesn't slow him down... I mean hell, after he broke his arm trying to go down a skate ramp on his bike the little s.o.b. was riding one armed a week later!

I am not blind.

Not suggesting you are blind but do you really pay atention and count how many kids you see at the mall. but you might be right.

When I grew up kids with casts had their friends sign them with various colored markers.

Hard to sign velcro.

I am not blind.

My point was you noticed because he was your friend and he(like you) was a kid. Things or people we associate with we tend to notice.

Come On People! :eek: :eek: :eek:

The New York Dept. of Health is considering a plan to label games likes kickball, wiffleball, tag and horseshoes as dangerous to children - and any day camp that offered those activities would require local and state regulation.

New York State Sen. Patty Ritchie said it's the most ridiculous law she's ever heard.

"Once again, it's a knee-jerk reaction," Ritchie told the Poughkeepsie Journal disputing the notion that the games are dangerous and "pose a significant risk of injury" to kids.

New York Says Kickball Is Dangerous - Sports - Fox Nation

cat stevens - Where Do The Children Play - Tea For The Tille

YouTube - cat stevens - Where Do The Children Play - Tea For The Tille

Ya know, some of the sweetest memories of my childhood were playing these games with kids in the neighborhood on hot summer nights, while all the parents gathered in someone's yard, gossiped and kept an eye on the kids until someone's parent said.."Time to come in now...." It's sad that kids aren't being allowed to have these same memories, learn to play and socialize and take their lumps like my generation because of some azzholes agenda. I hated kickball because it gave the bullies a weapon, but ya know some things are just a right of passage, character building and eventually, the bully gets his comeuppance and boy, there's nothing greater than that if you're the picked on kid. Well, at least for now, they still have Red Rover, Red Rover and Mother May I.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back