New York Says Kickball Is Dangerous

Intense

Aug 2, 2009
Come On People! :eek: :eek: :eek:

The New York Dept. of Health is considering a plan to label games likes kickball, wiffleball, tag and horseshoes as dangerous to children - and any day camp that offered those activities would require local and state regulation.

New York State Sen. Patty Ritchie said it's the most ridiculous law she's ever heard.

"Once again, it's a knee-jerk reaction," Ritchie told the Poughkeepsie Journal disputing the notion that the games are dangerous and "pose a significant risk of injury" to kids.

New York Says Kickball Is Dangerous - Sports - Fox Nation

cat stevens - Where Do The Children Play - Tea For The Tille

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPr_WQm0-UY]YouTube - cat stevens - Where Do The Children Play - Tea For The Tille[/ame]

and even IF ( when ) they come off the field they won't have any homemade lunch or grannies cupcakes to eat becasue the OOP's Squad ( Obama Obesity Police) will be there vetting all meals and snackage...what a world....

Last edited:
I totally knocked a girl over during kick ball. Her face shouldn't have been in the way of the ball. Just sayin!

Absolutely rediculous!! This is why kids are staying indoors, on the computer, or game console becoming lathargic and obese. I swear sometimes I wonder if the powers that be are intentionally ruining the generations after them...

The New York Dept. of Health is considering a plan to label games likes kickball, wiffleball, tag and horseshoes as dangerous to children - and any day camp that offered those activities would require local and state regulation.

New York State Sen. Patty Ritchie said it's the most ridiculous law she's ever heard.

"Once again, it's a knee-jerk reaction," Ritchie told the Poughkeepsie Journal disputing the notion that the games are dangerous and "pose a significant risk of injury" to kids.

YouTube - cat stevens - Where Do The Children Play - Tea For The Tille

Its called law suits. They are covering their asses.My guess is they don't want to have to carry insurance for it. All sports have inherent risks of injury or death.

"The New York Dept. of Health is considering a plan to label games likes kickball, wiffleball, tag and horseshoes as dangerous to children - and any day camp that offered those activities would require local and state regulation"

Tag? How the hell do you injure yourself playing tag?
Have I been doing wrong all these years? Are you supposed to throw and elbow or lead with your shoulder?

jeezuz h krist

Friggin government won't be happy until it regulates every damn things.

The pussification of America marches on.

Its called law suits. They are covering their asses.My guess is they don't want to have to carry insurance for it. All sports have inherent risks of injury or death.

TAG

Is not a sport.

TAG

Is not a sport.

It is a contact game... sport by another name.

I can see it now. Johnny is running after Tom, tags him and knocks him down in the process. Tom puts out his hand to catch himself and breaks his wrist along with landing on his face and knocks out his front teeth.

LAW SUIT!

TAG

Is not a sport.

I can see it now. Johnny is running after Tom, tags him and knocks him down in the process. Tom puts out his hand to catch himself and breaks his wrist along with landing on his face and knocks out his front teeth.

LAW SUIT!

Hold on, hold on.

Once bones are broken and teeth are lost..

THEN

It's a sport.

Since I have never ever ever, and I mean NEVER EVER, met or heard of a kid that did little more than stub a toe or twist an ankle playing tag, I'm still gonna say this is non-sense.

TAG

Is not a sport.

LAW SUIT!

Hold on, hold on.

Once bones are broken and teeth are lost..

THEN

It's a sport.

Since I have never ever ever, and I mean NEVER EVER, met or heard of a kid that did little more than stub a toe or twist an ankle playing tag, I'm still gonna say this is non-sense.

Did you run while you plaid tag or do you only walk? Do you get touched by others? Can you control how they touch you? Ever seen the class bully play tag with others? Getting hurt and seriously hurt are inherent dangers. As i said, they are covering their asses.

This kinda shit pisses me off. Can you imagine the weak, timid, wonky race of ne'er-do-wells that will be running the world in 30 years at this rate of pussification?

ALBANY, NY -- A New York lawmaker has asked state health officials to postpone regulations under a new law that says day campers face a "significant risk of injury" from traditional summer games including capture the flag, kickball and tag.

State Sen. Patricia Ritchie of Watertown wants the health commissioner to hold off on the expanded guidelines because she believes they'll put a staffing and fiscal burden on local recreation programs trying to comply with the law that took effect April 1.

The amendment revises the definition of a summer children's day camp to include organized indoor group activities involving "nonpassive recreational activities with significant risk of injury." Under the agency's guidelines, risky games include such activities as archery and rock climbing, but also the games Red Rover and Wiffle Ball.

NY Law to Ban Kickball and Tag? - News Story - WPTZ Plattsburgh

:lol:

ALBANY, NY -- A New York lawmaker has asked state health officials to postpone regulations under a new law that says day campers face a "significant risk of injury" from traditional summer games including capture the flag, kickball and tag.

State Sen. Patricia Ritchie of Watertown wants the health commissioner to hold off on the expanded guidelines because she believes they'll put a staffing and fiscal burden on local recreation programs trying to comply with the law that took effect April 1.

The amendment revises the definition of a summer children's day camp to include organized indoor group activities involving "nonpassive recreational activities with significant risk of injury." Under the agency's guidelines, risky games include such activities as archery and rock climbing, but also the games Red Rover and Wiffle Ball.

NY Law to Ban Kickball and Tag? - News Story - WPTZ Plattsburgh

:lol:

If my kids were at camp with nothing fun to do, they'd be up on those rocks dodging arrows in no time flat.

Red Rover? Ok, now if you do it right, someone does get hurt. just sayin.

and even IF ( when ) they come off the field they won't have any homemade lunch or grannies cupcakes to eat becasue the OOP's Squad ( Obama Obesity Police) will be there vetting all meals and snackage...what a world....

the cupcake thing was bloomberg's baby. has nothing to do with the president or first lady.

anything else you want to make up?

What this is really about is lawsuits and over-reacting parents when little Billy comes home with a scrape on his knee.
I live in a VERY conservative state, and yeeearrs ago schools here removed all jungle jims, see-saws, merry-go-rounds and even swings in some schools.

What this is really about is lawsuits and over-reacting parents when little Billy comes home with a scrape on his knee.
I live in a VERY conservative state, and yeeearrs ago schools here removed all jungle jims, see-saws, merry-go-rounds and even swings in some schools.

I agree, its all about covering their asses in law suites. That an having to carry extra insurance to cover the activity.

alg_wimp.jpg

I don't know how the hell we ever made it past 5. This is so freaking silly. All forms of tag are dangerous. :eusa_hand:

Sitting on your ass playing video games is just as dangerous. Heart disease, obesity, etc.

Forum List

Back