New York Police can now shoot down planes!

Well if it helps you to sleep at night.

Notice..I ain't calling you names.

I am not calling you names either, just pointing out facts. You are either stupid, obtuse, or mentally defective if you think arming police with military grade anti aircraft weapons is something to cheer. If I was calling you names I would be using idiot.

Well being that you weren't here during that time..let me help you out. 4, count em, 4 planes were hijacked. That had to be some kind of record for planes being hijacked in a single day. And after spending some 600 billion on the military (It's not defense anymore), the "qualified" politicians you guys had appointed to office by the Supreme Court couldn't pull their thumbs out of their asses to realize there was a problem. They were up in the air for an HOUR or more. After the FIRST one crashed into the WTC, no planes were scrambled. Nadda. Zilch. Then the second one hit. Nadda. Zilch. The third one hit the pentagon. Still nothing. Cheney found out his ass might be in trouble with the fourth one. THAT'S when the planes were let loose to fly. And..he gave the order to shoot THAT one down. The one heading for him. Fortunately for Cheney..the passengers beat him to the punch.

THATS how a conservative LIKE you REACTS to shit. YOU DON'T.

THATS why NEW YORK needs to be able to SHOOT down planes. BECAUSE the MONEY WE SPEND ON DEFENSE, DONT MEAN SHIT IN THE HANDS OF SOME CONSERVATIVES.

Like you, Asshole.

So fucking what?

Police are there to investigate crimes, not shoot down airplanes. They should not be equipped with missiles, tanks, machine gins, or any other weapon that is not legally available to any other citizen.

The fact that I actually have to explain this to you, or anyone else, makes you a cretin.

If believing the government should not be able to shoot innocent people makes me a conservative, then so be it. People used to be liberals if they believe that.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I trust a local police department with that kind of responsibility.

Why not?

My local police are the pinnacle of restraint and responsibility....

{A police officer only needs to use “reasonable force” to make an arrest. How many Fullerton, Calif. police officers does it take to arrest one man?

Well, it took five patrol cars, 6 officers, tasering 37-year-old Kelly Thomas numerous times, and beating him so badly that he went into a coma. And then died a few days later.}

Fullerton Police Beat to Death Mentally Ill, Homeless Man | World of Psychology

Just the type of people who should have missiles.

Hmm..

I didn't see any military planes until several days after the attack.

Then it was like a freaking camp here.

They were a little late..by the way.

And Bush tried to charge us for it.

:eek:

that's odd because I remember fighter jets in new york on the day of the attacks when I was watching the news that day. Rudy was being interviewed and a jet flew over during the interview.

I was in the city all day.

I might have missed them...though.

They did show up later.

Jets were scrambled over every major city in the country, why would the skip NY?

:lol: Oh gosh.

Circles..are your thing right?

FYI - NY State is one of the most heavily taxed states in the Union. Is it to much to expect a little defense from all the taxes we contribute to defense?

What kind of defense do you want for NY? A constant CAP of F-16's to shoot down any plane that flies funny? Roving mobile missile launchers? A Stinger in every squad car?

As has been pointed out earlier, shooting down a plane over a city is going to do as much, if not more, damage as if it had just hit a building.

To your first point.

Yeah.

To your second point.

No. It would not do as much damage.

First point.

Fine. Then I want the same thing for St Louis. and people in every mid to large size cities will also want it. That won't do too much damage to our debt and economy buying, manning and maintaining that much equipment.

Second point.

You don't think flaming debris raining down on a city would damage anything? Or kill anyone? Even if it came down in one neat piece, it's going to take out at least 2 city blocks.

I am not calling you names either, just pointing out facts. You are either stupid, obtuse, or mentally defective if you think arming police with military grade anti aircraft weapons is something to cheer. If I was calling you names I would be using idiot.

Well being that you weren't here during that time..let me help you out. 4, count em, 4 planes were hijacked. That had to be some kind of record for planes being hijacked in a single day. And after spending some 600 billion on the military (It's not defense anymore), the "qualified" politicians you guys had appointed to office by the Supreme Court couldn't pull their thumbs out of their asses to realize there was a problem. They were up in the air for an HOUR or more. After the FIRST one crashed into the WTC, no planes were scrambled. Nadda. Zilch. Then the second one hit. Nadda. Zilch. The third one hit the pentagon. Still nothing. Cheney found out his ass might be in trouble with the fourth one. THAT'S when the planes were let loose to fly. And..he gave the order to shoot THAT one down. The one heading for him. Fortunately for Cheney..the passengers beat him to the punch.

THATS why NEW YORK needs to be able to SHOOT down planes. BECAUSE the MONEY WE SPEND ON DEFENSE, DONT MEAN SHIT IN THE HANDS OF SOME CONSERVATIVES.

Like you, Asshole.

So fucking what?

Police are there to investigate crimes, not shoot down airplanes. They should not be equipped with missiles, tanks, machine gins, or any other weapon that is not legally available to any other citizen.

The fact that I actually have to explain this to you, or anyone else, makes you a cretin.

If believing the government should not be able to shoot innocent people makes me a conservative, then so be it. People used to be liberals if they believe that.

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

See that?

Do I have to explain that to you?

What it really means..is that you have the RIGHT..to defend yourself. That the STATE as a right to provide security. THATS what that really means.

Got it?

Last edited:
:lol: Oh gosh.

Circles..are your thing right?

FYI - NY State is one of the most heavily taxed states in the Union. Is it to much to expect a little defense from all the taxes we contribute to defense?

What kind of defense do you want for NY? A constant CAP of F-16's to shoot down any plane that flies funny? Roving mobile missile launchers? A Stinger in every squad car?

As has been pointed out earlier, shooting down a plane over a city is going to do as much, if not more, damage as if it had just hit a building.

To your first point.

Yeah.

To your second point.

PSA flight 182 crashed into another plane in midair.

PSA-PHOTO-NEWPORT-BEACH.jpg

The damage on the ground was still devastating.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr8SeL-mCVA]PSA Flight 182 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYmcrl_r1G0]Return To Dwight And Nile: The Crash Of PSA Flight 182 - YouTube[/ame]

Like you, Asshole.

So fucking what?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
See that?

What it really means..is that you have the RIGHT..to defend yourself. That the STATE as a right to provide security. THATS what that really means.

Got it?

The Constitution specifically gives the power of national defense to the federal government, not to the NYPD.

To your first point.

Yeah.

To your second point.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr8SeL-mCVA]PSA Flight 182 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYmcrl_r1G0]Return To Dwight And Nile: The Crash Of PSA Flight 182 - YouTube[/ame]

Some 140 people were killed.

Close to 3000 were killed at the WTC.

Do the math.

So fucking what?

See that?

Got it?

The Constitution specifically gives the power of national defense to the federal government, not to the NYPD.

You'd better give a shout out to the NRA and all your conservative friends.

:lol:

To your first point.

Yeah.

To your second point.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr8SeL-mCVA"]PSA Flight 182 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYmcrl_r1G0"]Return To Dwight And Nile: The Crash Of PSA Flight 182 - YouTube[/ame]

Do the math.

Not a problem.

That single plane went down in a suburb when most people were at work. The two planes that hit the WTC did so at the beginning of a work day. The math actually makes my point for me.

See that?

Got it?

You'd better give a shout out to the NRA and all your conservative friends.

:lol:

The NRA wants NYPD to have tanks?

PSA Flight 182 - YouTube

Return To Dwight And Nile: The Crash Of PSA Flight 182 - YouTube

Do the math.

Not a problem.

That single plane went down in a suburb when most people were at work. The two planes that hit the WTC did so at the beginning of a work day. The math actually makes my point for me.

Really?

Half of 3000 is 1500.

Double of 140 is 280.

Did the rules of math suddenly change?

I was shocked by the fact that the Pentagon had no air defense prior to 9/11. Talk about a defenseless department of defense.

Where do our tax dollars actually go?

Where was the defense we paid for?

What makes you think they did not have one?

The Military knew the plans were hijacked & for 69 minutes before flight 77 hit the Pentagon. They knew that one of those hijacked planes hit the WTC for a full hour before flight 77 hit the Pentagon. There was no Pentagon air defense prior to 9/11 or we failed to respond to the well telegraphed attacked.

- 8:20 a.m.: American Airlines Flight 11 transponder signal stops transmitting Identification, Friend or Foe (IFF) beacon signal.

- 8:21 a.m.: Betty Ong, a flight attendant on American Airlines Flight 11, calls Vanessa Minter at American Airlines reservations from the seatback phone. "She said two flight attendants had been stabbed, one was on oxygen," said the manager on duty. "A passenger had his throat slashed and looked dead and they had gotten into the cockpit." She identifies the seats of the hijackers and confirms that the plane is descending.

- 8:22 a.m.: Amy Sweeney another flight attendant on American Airlines Flight 11, calls American Airlines ground manager Michael Woodward and speaks calmly to him until the plane crashes.

- 8:24:38 a.m.: The pilot of American Airlines Flight 11, John Ogonowski, or one of the hijackers activates the talk-back button, enabling Boston air traffic controllers to hear a hijacker say to the passengers: "We have some planes. Just stay quiet and you will be OK. We are returning to the airport. Nobody move." Apparently, one of the hijackers confused the aircraft's radio with its public-address system. Air traffic control responds, "Who's trying to call me?"

- 8:24:57 a.m.: from American Airlines Flight 11, "Everything will be OK. If you try to make any moves, you'll endanger yourself and the airplane. Just stay quiet."

- 8:25 a.m.: Boston air traffic control notified several air traffic control centers that a hijack is in progress with American Airlines Flight 11. Boston air traffic control first lost communication with American Airlines Flight 11 more than 11 minutes ago.

- 8:36 a.m.: A NORAD spokesman, Major Mike Snyder, said, that the FAA notified NORAD of a hijacked aircraft, American Airlines Flight 11, about 10 minutes before it impacted into the World Trade Center.

- 9:45 a.m.: Flight 77 hits the Pentagon.

I was shocked by the fact that the Pentagon had no air defense prior to 9/11. Talk about a defenseless department of defense.

Where do our tax dollars actually go?

Where was the defense we paid for?

The Military knew the plans were hijacked & for 69 minutes before flight 77 hit the Pentagon. They knew that one of those hijacked planes hit the WTC for a full hour before flight 77 hit the Pentagon. There was no Pentagon air defense prior to 9/11 or we failed to respond to the well telegraphed attacked.

- 8:20 a.m.: American Airlines Flight 11 transponder signal stops transmitting Identification, Friend or Foe (IFF) beacon signal.

- 8:21 a.m.: Betty Ong, a flight attendant on American Airlines Flight 11, calls Vanessa Minter at American Airlines reservations from the seatback phone. "She said two flight attendants had been stabbed, one was on oxygen," said the manager on duty. "A passenger had his throat slashed and looked dead and they had gotten into the cockpit." She identifies the seats of the hijackers and confirms that the plane is descending.

- 8:22 a.m.: Amy Sweeney another flight attendant on American Airlines Flight 11, calls American Airlines ground manager Michael Woodward and speaks calmly to him until the plane crashes.

- 8:24:38 a.m.: The pilot of American Airlines Flight 11, John Ogonowski, or one of the hijackers activates the talk-back button, enabling Boston air traffic controllers to hear a hijacker say to the passengers: "We have some planes. Just stay quiet and you will be OK. We are returning to the airport. Nobody move." Apparently, one of the hijackers confused the aircraft's radio with its public-address system. Air traffic control responds, "Who's trying to call me?"

- 8:24:57 a.m.: from American Airlines Flight 11, "Everything will be OK. If you try to make any moves, you'll endanger yourself and the airplane. Just stay quiet."

- 8:25 a.m.: Boston air traffic control notified several air traffic control centers that a hijack is in progress with American Airlines Flight 11. Boston air traffic control first lost communication with American Airlines Flight 11 more than 11 minutes ago.

- 8:36 a.m.: A NORAD spokesman, Major Mike Snyder, said, that the FAA notified NORAD of a hijacked aircraft, American Airlines Flight 11, about 10 minutes before it impacted into the World Trade Center.

The decision to shoot down an airline full of civilians does not come from some air force general, it can only come from the top. The plane that hit the Pentagon struck less than an hour after the first plane hit the WTC. You might like living in a world where trigger happy idiots can shoot down airliners just because it might protect someone. I don't, and that world did not exist before 9/11.

The decision to shoot down an airline full of civilians does not come from some air force general, it can only come from the top. The plane that hit the Pentagon struck less than an hour after the first plane hit the WTC. You might like living in a world where trigger happy idiots can shoot down airliners just because it might protect someone. I don't, and that world did not exist before 9/11.

Fighter jets were not even close to intercept. There is absolutely nothing wrong with fighters escorting a hijacked plane or having their sights on it awaiting a shoot-down order. There was no defense of the Pentagon.

We have drone planens here and I shoot at hem...

Its insulting...

I'm sure the progressives feel snug...

Forum List

Back