New York nanny staters at it again.

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
Well folks it was bound to happen.

Politicians want to ban happy meals.

Toys would be yanked from fatty McDonald's Happy Meals under proposed law - NYPOST.com

Does anyone see the hypocrisy of this fat fucking slob telling people what they can or cannot feed their kids?

leroy_comrie--300x300.jpg

Well folks it was bound to happen.

Politicians want to ban happy meals.

Toys would be yanked from fatty McDonald's Happy Meals under proposed law - NYPOST.com

Does anyone see the hypocrisy of this fat fucking slob telling people what they can or cannot feed their kids?

leroy_comrie--300x300.jpg

:lol: :lol:

The councilman, who is himself overweight, says he gobbled down Happy Meals and other fast food as a child. And he admits that he has set a bad example for his own two children, who are now in their teens, by letting them have Happy Meals and regularly dining with them at fast-food restaurants.

"Clearly, my weight has always been an issue, and it's something that has given me the impetus to do this bill," Comrie said.

The bill would still allow toys in some of the healthier kids' meals: those under 500 calories or with fewer than 600 milligrams of sodium.

"Taking away toys from kids' meals won't solve childhood obesity," McDonald's regional VP Mason Smoot said.

"We offer nutritionally-balanced Happy Meal" choices, such as substituting Apple Dippers for fries, in order to stay under the 500-calorie mark, he said.

Low income? Welfare homes perhaps? Obesity??

Jeeze. I thought they were all starving in the streets???

I'm confused here...the OP is claiming that they are controlling what people eat. How is taking a toy incentive out of the meal controlling their intake of the food itself?

I say keep banning the toys...I've got a nice collection of them and would like to sell them on eBay someday. :lol::eusa_shhh:

Hey, I'm a problem solver and have a solution...

The chain could offer a healthy alternative meal...use a whole wheat bun, maybe a nice chicken or veggie patty, a healthy side like apples and milk to drink and put the free toy in that. Charge an extra .99 cents for the unhealthy meal with a toy and that gets 'em around the ban. Whaddya think?

I'm confused here...the OP is claiming that they are controlling what people eat. How is taking a toy incentive out of the meal controlling their intake of the food itself?

I say keep banning the toys...I've got a nice collection of them and would like to sell them on eBay someday. :lol::eusa_shhh:

It's not. Their arguement is what they usually call a strawman.

Last edited:

It's not. Their argument is what they usually call a strawman.

doh.jpg

As absurd as I think it is to regulate happy meals, what is the harm if it is the will of the people of New York?

As absurd as I think it is to regulate happy meals, what is the harm if it is the will of the people of New York?

Because it isnt the will of the people. It is the will of one minor official who can't keep his hands from his mouth.

It is what you asked.

I did not ask what public opinion in NYC is. I asked what would be the harm if public opinion supported this kind of measure? You're too afraid to answer that, because the truth is that you don't care about the will of the people. The people could overwhelmingly support this measure in a referendum and you would still bitch and complain about it even though it doesn't affect you at all, because you're obsessed with controlling other people's lives. You want them to live exactly by your dictates, and if they do otherwise you're going to resort to the name calling and temper tantrums, and completely avoid any meaningful discussion by dishonestly trying to reframe what other people say.

Your assumption is simply wrong.
I base it on the article linked.

I've made no assumption. But you've made a horrible one. The article mentions two people and gives their opinion. It devotes about 4 sentences to this. One person is for it, one person is against it. You, by some form of misguided slut magic, take this and from it conclude that the majority of public opinion in NYC is against this measure. That kind of thinking is painfully obtuse. But hey, what do you really care? You're not in it to discuss the topic. You're here to attempt to push your own personal agenda for a municipal matter where you don't even live and that has nothing to do with you.

I heard someone mention yesterday that they should just lower the price of the meal by 10 or 50cents(whatever), and if you want the toy just charge the current price. Seems plausible to me but I'm sure some fatty politician could find something wrong with it. Not permitted to ask if they want the toy? lol likely

Libtards are so fucking stupid, They whine about people messing in they uterus at the same time they wanna mess with our stomachs.. Crazy damn bastards. WTF ever happened to choice?

Because it isnt the will of the people. It is the will of one minor official who can't keep his hands from his mouth.

If there was not a ballot question on happy meals then it was not the will of the people but the will of a fat fuck who believes he has the right to tell you that a toy in a meal will make your kid fat.

Tell me what was his excuse because there were no happy meals when he was a kid.

Maybe it was soda.

Another fat slob, Mayor Mumbles Menino of Boston is banning all drinks with sugar in them from public buildings

images

Maybe these fat fucks should lose a few hundred pounds before they tell other people how to eat.

Tell me how did Dimocrats who tell you you can't drink soda, can't smoke, cant have trans fats, can't have incandescent lights, etc etc ever convince people that the repugnantcans were the party of no?

If there was not a ballot question on happy meals then it was not the will of the people but the will of a fat fuck who believes he has the right to tell you that a toy in a meal will make your kid fat.

So the will of the people never occurs unless there's a referendum? How incredibly stupid, and un-American.

Tell me what was his excuse because there were no happy meals when he was a kid.

Maybe it was soda.

If you read the article you would know that he mentions his own childhood eating McDonalds food as contributing to his current obesity.

Maybe these fat fucks should lose a few hundred pounds before they tell other people how to eat.

All you're doing with this is arguing an ad hominem.

So the will of the people never occurs unless there's a referendum? How incredibly stupid, and un-American.

Maybe it was soda.

If you read the article you would know that he mentions his own childhood eating McDonalds food as contributing to his current obesity.

All you're doing with this is arguing an ad hominem.

No it's pointing out the hypocrisy of these fat fucks.

Let them get their own houses in order before they tell us how to run our lives.

And the will of the people is demonstrated every time one of them buys a happy meal.

If you don't want a happy meal then don't buy one. It's none of your fucking business what anyone else eats.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back