New York is waking up !!!

You actually made that up.
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
It is quite obvious you do not know what pure competition is all about.....and yes...that is an economic term....Pure Competition"

I saw it happen in my community first with a mall, which almost destroyed a vibrant downtown and next with a Wal-Mart in the next town which drove out all of the little mom and pop stores - some that had been there for generations, so STFU. I don't feel like arguing with stupid today.... I'm not in the mood.

It drove out the mom and pop stores becuase it was preferred by the consumer.

Maybe they should charge more competative prices....or maybe not come across as "heros" to fools like you by paying higher salaries and then passing it off to the consumer with higher prices...

People like you just dont see that...

You praise the mom and pop shops for paying higher salaries...when in fact all they are doing is passing it off to the consumer with higher prices...and when they cant compete and go out of business, you feel bad for ma and pop....

It is a foolish way of thinking.

Maybe they should charge more competative prices....or maybe not come across as "heros" to fools like you by paying higher salaries and then passing it off to the consumer with higher prices...

You praise the mom and pop shops for paying higher salaries...when in fact all they are doing is passing it off to the consumer with higher prices...and when they cant compete and go out of business, you feel bad for ma and pop....

Sigh... you just don't get it. The low prices of Wal Mart are only low because they import crap made by glorified slaves and pay their employees nothing. They probably also get corporate welfare from our pro-big business government - do small businesses? No, they don't. People do NOT generally prefer Wal-Mart over local stores. Wal Mart also has a bigger advertising money pool. Money you spend at Wal-Mart does not stay in the community like it does with a local store. The owner of Wal Mart is not a part of your community like the owner of your local store is. Wal Mart destroys the unique local fabric of communities. It just does. Yours is the sad (typical 'murkin) way of thinking.

Wal-Mart actually kills jobs, creates taxpayer burdens - Topix

Last edited:
[It drove out the mom and pop stores becuase it was preferred by the consumer.

/QUOTE]

Sigh... you just don't get it. The low prices of Wal Mart are only low because they import crap made by glorified slaves. They probably get corporate welfare from our pro-big business government. People do NOT prefer Wal-Mart. Wal Mart also has a bigger advertising money pool. Money you spend at Wal-Mart does not stay in the community like it does with a local store. The owner of Wal Mart is not a part of your community like the owner of your local store does. Wal Mart destroys the unique local fabric of communities. It just does.

ok...assuming all you say is correct...

Walmart can do all of that above ONLY IF THE CONSUMER LETS THEM.

So in those small towns.......seems to me it is not Walmart....but the people of the towns that are driving the small business out.

Seems thoise towns people are to blame.

Personal responsibility. You want to keep your small town business going? Dont be selfish and pay higher prices.

Why do you insist on blaming Walmart?

Ironically Mr. Peepers....I see your beef is with progress.

Progress is why malls came into existance. Retailers found a better way to service the needs and wants of the consumer...and thus why chain stores do well. If chain stores were not preferred by the conusmer, they would have died out years ago.

DO you buy shoes from a cobbler? I guess likely not. Do you realize that most copbblers went out of business after scores of years as a trade becuase of progress...and it was found more cost effective for the consumer to mass produce them.

Do you refuse to use your cell phone as a camera? Do you prefer to spend $300 on a camera to take basic pictures? My guess is not. Profgress has had a major affect on camera manufactuers....do you cry for them?

You and nearly all progressives are hypocrites when it comes to progress. You jump on the bandwagon of progress when it benefits you without any concern of the tradespeople it hurts....yet you complain about the what progress does to the trades people yopu PERSONALLY abandon.

Last edited:
I dont recall what thread it was Mr. Peepers so I do not know if you answered me...but I had asked a question and I am curious as to what your answer is....

Who do you admire (person or company) that has acheived great financial success. You claimed you are not against success.....just against unethical success.....so I am curious as to what you deem as ethical success.

Please answer.

Sigh... you just don't get it. The low prices of Wal Mart are only low because they import crap made by glorified slaves and pay their employees nothing. They probably also get corporate welfare from our pro-big business government - do small businesses? No, they don't. People do NOT generally prefer Wal-Mart over local stores. Wal Mart also has a bigger advertising money pool. Money you spend at Wal-Mart does not stay in the community like it does with a local store. The owner of Wal Mart is not a part of your community like the owner of your local store is. Wal Mart destroys the unique local fabric of communities. It just does. Yours is the sad (typical 'murkin) way of thinking.

So the Mom and Pop stores make their own goods?:cuckoo:

Wages stay in the community and WalMart does it more efficiently than Mom and Pop.
Mom and Pop made horse and buggy carriages.
What happened to them?

Wages stay in the community and WalMart does it more efficiently than Mom and Pop.
Mom and Pop made horse and buggy carriages.
What happened to them?

They adapted to the demand of the community.

Ma and Pa did not.

Seems Mr. Peepers issue is with progress...not with Walmart. Mr. Peepers just doesnt see it.

the truth is there is little workmanship in products anymore coming from overseas. Everything is throw able. Nobody fixes anything because its all what they refer to as solid-state throwaway.
If you have a problem with an item you just dump it and go get a new one, it wasn't made to last very long anyway.

everything is throwable... i love that, could it apply to poitics ??

Forum List

Back