New York in Play??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MtnBiker, Oct 2, 2004.

1. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Link

Wow, only 5 points, I was suprised.

2. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112

Great news!!! I never thought I would see the day that it was this close in N.Y. and Jersey. I don't doubt that Guliani is helping. Go G.W.!!!

3. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Although it's difficult, one can still find Democrats with principles in the northeast and eastern seaboard states. With folks like Rudy Guliani, Ed Koch and Joe Lieberman coming out in support of GW, that has to get people thinking. Once libs look past the sound bites and the slogans they find that their candidate doesn't have a clue.

4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,220
    Ive thought NY would be in play since 2001. i think Bush will win it. But i dont think the major breaks in favor of the President will be till election week.

5. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    It's great that Bush is moving up here, but it irks me, just how many liberals we really have here. After being directly attacks, one would think security would be in the forefront of most New Yorker's minds, and social issues would take a back seat, but this is just not the case. If it were Bush would be ahead, being there is NO doubt who is better able to keep us safe, or as safe as possible.

6. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    And people wonder why the first words out of Dubya's mouth in the debate were "September 11th". Its no surprise that New Yorkers and New Jersey residents are leaning more Republican than usual-- they're aching for a unilateral foreign relations cowboy to keep 'em safe for the terrorists. Remember when they beefed up security in the stock exchange and other buildings because of 'recent intelligence' saying the terrorists were scoping them out? Well, 2 weeks later, that beefed up security was GONE. That 2 week window sure was dangerous...

New Yorkers are scared, and the terrorists aren't the only ones to blame =P

7. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, you are correct. They are terrified Kerry might win, and turn over our national security to the UN !!

8. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Those damn Republicans, whipping up fear and scared emotions on the backs of terrorists just for political gain.

:rolleyes: :tinfoil:

9. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    This is almost word for word the description of Bush I heard at dinner in Lyon, France.

How would you know? Based on the fact that there was no attack, or that increased security successfully discouraged an attack? Do you have access to national intelligence estimates? Apparently, if you were making the call there would have been no increase in security.

10. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent point !!