New York college bans 'Mr.' and 'Mrs.' salutations

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct have laid down the law at City University of New York, where gender-specific salutations are now a no-no.
School officials sent out a memo barring professors and other staffers within the graduate program from addressing students with titles like “Mr.” and “Mrs.," according to the Wall Street Journal.
“Effective Spring 2015, the (graduate center’s) policy is to eliminate the use of gendered salutations and references in correspondence to students, prospective students, and third parties,” read the memo to employees. “Accordingly, Mr. and Ms. should be omitted from salutations.”
While the directive specifically targets written interactions with students and prospective students, Tanya Domi, a spokesperson for the school told the newspaper that the policy should be “interpreted as broadly as possible.”
Domi added that the policy aims to work “within a regulatory framework to comply with Title IX legal principles.”
The new policy has sparked a debate in academia.
New York college bans Mr. and Mrs. salutations Fox News
What? Are they kidding? The human stupidity is endless. We perfectly know that there is nothing useful for students in this decision. It is politics - not education at all. If this is an only change in this college this year I would prefer to close it immediately.

NYCC is one of the farthest left shitholes in this country. I would be completely embarrassed to be even remotely associated with the place.

I didn't know a university could exercise this kind of control over the speech of professors.

Just more stupidity being imposed upon normal society by stupid people. I still refer to my elders as Mr., Mrs., Miss, or Ms. I prefer to be addressed that way too. It's really my choice, isn't it? Just as much as it is someone else's choice not to.

City University of New York = queer communist shithole.

Really, it takes a special kind of mental illness to deny that gender any longer exists in the human animal.

Really? Over Mr and Mrs?

I think its dumb as shit but you guys go waaaay to far over trivial things

Forum List

Back