New York City

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
As some of you know, I visited my daughter in NYC this past weekend. Here is me impression after 4 days:

1. I never once felt threatened or in danger in any part of the city that I traveled.
2. There is a NYC Subway app for the iPhone that is indispensible.
3. It's called the Big Apple, but everything there is small; bathrooms, restaurants, bars, appartments.
4. There were no occupiers anywhere to be seen on Wall street.
5. The subways for the most part were clean, except for one line that I traveled on.
6. Great Beer everywhere.
7. Great bakeries with wonderful breads and pastries everywhere.
8. I can get better pizza here in Florida.
9. The streets, though not clean, were better than I expected.
10. New Yorkers are not as rude as I've heard.

I had a great time when I was there. I'll have to plan another trip soon.

It's a great place to eat and take a shit. It's a terrible place to reside and pay taxes.

As some of you know, I visited my daughter in NYC this past weekend. Here is me impression after 4 days:

1. I never once felt threatened or in danger in any part of the city that I traveled.
3. It's called the Big Apple, but everything there is small; bathrooms, restaurants, bars, appartments.
5. The subways for the most part were clean, except for one line that I traveled on.

If you think people in NYC are nice, you might be from Florida.

:D

If you think people in NYC are nice, you might be from Florida.

:D

Lol. I didn't say they were nice, they just aren't as rude as I had heard.

Ive been to a lot of cities, but not all of them. In my experience, simply from an entertainment and structural perspective, i agree with sallow. However, the more time I spend in cities the more I'd like to move deep into the mountains and avoid people. Because they are dumb and generally suck.

Best city in the world.

That would depend on what you are looking for in a city.

That said, if I was told I had to pick one of the larger cities to live in, I'd choose NYC over the rest. Because of what I'm looking for in a city, I prefer to live in Orlando.

I think I would agree 100% if you had said: "Best big city in the world."

Ive been to a lot of cities, but not all of them. In my experience, simply from an entertainment and structural perspective, i agree with sallow. However, the more time I spend in cities the more I'd like to move deep into the mountains and avoid people. Because they are dumb and generally suck.
:D:eusa_clap::cool:

Attachments

• $bhouz.jpg
    $bhouz.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 63

I lived in Boston for 18 months, and Chicago for a year. I also live in the mountains of North Carolina for a while. I'm in between you and Sallow. I don't like cities as large as NYC but I don't like the country either. The big cities, especially NYC, are fun to visit.

I also got my vitamins and perscription drugs stolen from my checked luggage. I don't know if it was the TSA or luggage carriers. They took my aspirin, my vitamins, my Celebrex, and some herbal capsules.

Bastards.

Forum List

Back