New Year's Resolutions

Nienna

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2005
Ohio
Okay, I'll be the one to ask... ANyone make any New Year's Resolutions?
Mine were boring. Pay off the credit card and have a healthier lifestyle. Anyone resolve something more interesting?

I made the decision to not make any New Years resolutions that I'm not going to stick to. :)

Stop watching flicks. I feel like Kirk Franklin now or something.

Stop making fun of my drunk friends, and help them for once when I see them out in town completely blitzed.

Spend less money at Pepper Lunch (only the best place to eat in Japan for less than 2500 yen (about 20 American dollars). )

Stop busting out laughing in the middle of the night when my roommate and his Japanese girlfriend are consumating their feelings towards one another... i'm sorry, but her moans (too loud in the first place) sound like an injured rat or mouse (like an eek), and three out of four of my overnight guests agree, to the tune of laugh out loud laughter not this loudly heard for this long since the gym scene in Porkys 2.

to force myself to listen to lectures, briefings and press conferences rather than music in the mornings/evening train rides to work and home, and any other long travels.

Do pushups befor I go to sleep 6/7 days a week.

Work out more, get stronger.

Drink more water/ less Dew. (Just brought down about a dozen cans from my room :shocked:

Shattered said:
I made the decision to not make any New Years resolutions that I'm not going to stick to. :)

i made that one about 20 years ago.....hasn't failed me yet

*SATIRE* via Scott Ott:

http://www.scrappleface.com/?p=2122

December 31, 2005
White House Releases Bush New Year’s Resolutions
by Scott Ott

(2005-12-31) — In response to repeated requests from White House correspondents, the Bush administration today released a list of the president’s 2006 New Year’s resolutions.

Like most Americans’ resolutions, Mr. Bush’s involve weight loss, health, money, relationships and career concerns. The following is the unedited list.

“I, George Walker Bush, do resolve to accomplish the following in the year of our Lord, 2006 …
– Lose weight: Help the U.S. Senate replace about 1,800 pounds of excess fat with a similar amount of lean muscle.
– Exercise more: Specifically exercise my veto power over Congressional spending.
– Get Organized: Put liberal Republicans like Senators Olympia Snowe, Lincoln Chafee and Arlen Specter in their proper places and keep them there so I can quickly locate them if I ever need them.
– Get Out of Debt: Cut non-essential expenses like the National Endowment for the Arts, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, Amtrak, Department of Education, United Nations, aid to countries that vote against us at the U.N., local projects funded with federal tax dollars, and any non-military federal activity that supplants the rights and responsibilities of states and individuals.
– Quit Smoking: Stop burning ‘the base’ in an effort to satisfy the fringe.
– Listen More: Reauthorize 2002 executive order on NSA surveillance of terrorist phone calls and emails.
– Recycle More: Dust off those Reagan-era ideals about smaller government and use them.
– Learn New Languages: Specifically learn how to say “I accept your unconditional surrender” in Arabic, Korean, Farsi and Liberalese.

Forum List

Back