New Year’s Resolutions For Climate Scientists

This says it all! Here is an excerpt from Hansens latest plea for help. This sort of verbiage only exists in the minds of the mentally challenged.i

"The precision achieved by the most advanced generation of radiation budget satellites is indicated by the planetary energy imbalance measured by the ongoing CERES (Clouds and the Earth’s Radiant Energy System) instrument (Loeb et al., 2009), which finds a measured 5-year-mean imbalance of 6.5 W/m2 (Loeb et al., 2009). Because this result is implausible, instrumentation calibration factors were introduced to reduce the imbalance to the imbalance suggested by climate models, 0.85 W/m2 (Loeb et al., 2009)."

http://pubs.giss.nasa.gov/docs/notyet/submitted_Hansen_etal.pdf
They altered data to fit the model.

Real scientists alter the model to fit the data.

The cultists seem to be avoiding this post.

This says it all! Here is an excerpt from Hansens latest plea for help. This sort of verbiage only exists in the minds of the mentally challenged.i

"The precision achieved by the most advanced generation of radiation budget satellites is indicated by the planetary energy imbalance measured by the ongoing CERES (Clouds and the Earth’s Radiant Energy System) instrument (Loeb et al., 2009), which finds a measured 5-year-mean imbalance of 6.5 W/m2 (Loeb et al., 2009). Because this result is implausible, instrumentation calibration factors were introduced to reduce the imbalance to the imbalance suggested by climate models, 0.85 W/m2 (Loeb et al., 2009)."

http://pubs.giss.nasa.gov/docs/notyet/submitted_Hansen_etal.pdf
They altered data to fit the model.

Real scientists alter the model to fit the data.

The cultists seem to be avoiding this post.

Yes, it's hard to rationalise outright fraud.

Then why did you ask honest people to lie about it cooling for "at least the last decade?"

Even data from deniers Christy and Spencer, who actually got caught manipulating the data to distort and exaggerate a conclusion of global cooling while it was actually warming, shows the globe has warmed [FONT=arial, verdana, helvetica]+0.14 °C this last decade.[/FONT]

even the BEST data, which havent gone through peer review yet to see if the way they cut up data adds a spurious warming, shows that 1/3 of the locations show cooling. the global average temp uses a lot of areas like the arctic which has madeup and infilled data that say what the people running the data sets want them to say. the whole thing depends on the weightings of different areas, and the adjustments made to the raw data.

you keep saying Christie and Spencer were caught manipulating data yet you never show any proof. their data set and methods are much more open and responsive to criticisms than most of the others yet you seem to have a hard on against them while holding credulous high esteem for other data sets that hide their data and methodologies so that it is difficult to find and correct mistakes.

LOL Ian, old boy, you were doing handflips when Dr. Muller announced he was going to do a total inventory of the data. Stating how this was going to show how Hansen and the rest had manipulated the data. Then Muller came out and stated that the data was done in a professional manner and was spot on. Now you have added Dr. Muller to the villian list. You guys are a hoot.
The last two years have seen massive crop damage from weather events worldwide. In the US, there was more damage to buildings, infrastructure, and crops in 2011 than in the whole of the decade of the '80s.

2010 saw a few tens of meters plumes of methane from
Arctic Ocean clathrates going directly into the atmosphere. 2011 saw thousands of plumes, some a kilometer or more across going directly into the atmosphere.

The more evidence of a climate change in progress that we see, the more people like you deny what is in front of your face. You are starting to look very silly.

are you kidding me? I am super stoked that the BEST data set is coming out! the actual measurements will be public and available for scrutiny. the methodologies will be public and available for scrutiny. what could be better?

its been a few months now and none of the four BEST papers have come through peer review yet. I am hoping that is a good sign that all involved are making sure that there are no blatant errors to distract from discussing the work. I still think the UHI paper will be stillborn but the kriging method of cutting up the temp data will have supporters and detractors. and it will all be discussed openly with other parties being able to show how different changes in methodologies effect (or dont effect) the results. it will be a great day for climate science and hopefully a step in the right direction for rehabilitating the reputation of climate science. of course I may be too optimistic but only time will tell

Why yes, Dr. Muller flat stated that the climate scientists had done exemplary work. And that their data did was properly interpreted.

But we already knew that the scientists were doing excellant work, and that the deniars were lying through their teeth time and again.

Spencer and Christy made a bunch of disparaging remariks concerning other climate scientists when they stated that their satellite data showed that it was not warming at the rate the other scientists said it was.

Then it was shown that they had made major mistakes in the math concerning the drift of the satellites. They adjusted their temps for this, and lo and behold, the data looked the same as that of the other scientists.

But about one more error like that, and they loose credibility in the scientific community. And I never saw an apology from either of them for what they said concerning the other scientists.

UAH Misrepresentation Anniversary, Part 1 - Overconfidence

As shown in Figure 2, there have been a number of major adjustments to the UAH temperature record over the years. There is of course nothing wrong with adjusting a temperature record to remove biases - science progresses, after all. There is, however, a problem when the authors of that record continually insist that there are no problems with the record, and overstating the accuracy and robustness of their data, as Spencer and Christy have a history of doing (as documented by Albatross). Further, in his follow-up post on Spencer's blog, Christy made a very incorrect statement about the causes behind the UAH corrections:

"The largest effect one sees [in the UAH corrections] is due to the spike in warming from the super El Nino of 1998 that tilted the trend to be much more positive after that date."

Figure 2 clearly shows this statement is false. The two adjustments in red (which correct for errors identified by scientists outside of UAH) alone account for 0.135 of the 0.138°C per decade UAH TLT trend - 98%! As Tom Curtis notes, the 1998 El Niño only accounts for approximately 0.008°C per decade (5.8%). Overall, the adjustments made to UAH (which resulted in both trend increases and decreases) account for half of the current UAH trend (0.069 of 0.138°C per decade).

New Year’s Resolutions For Anthropogenic Climate Change Deniers

I will pull my head out of my ass
I will stop trying to deny reality
I will admit that I have been duped by the fossil fuel industry's propaganda campaign
I will seek professional help for my pathological paranoia

"anybody want to add to the list?"

I will admit that I have been duped by the fossil fuel industry's propaganda campaign

Your offerings please The Goracle, and you will be rewarded.

Your retarded postings please the Koch brothers and you will be shat upon, as usual.

Last edited:

Your retarded postings please the Koch brothers and you will be shat upon.
:lol: You morons just can't conceive that not everyone needs their opinions handed to them like you do.

You morons just can't conceive that not everyone needs their opinions handed to them like you do.
You retards are too stupid to see that 'your' so-called opinions are nothing but misinformation and lies and they were indeed "handed" to you by the clever propagandists working for the fossil fuel industry.

You morons just can't conceive that not everyone needs their opinions handed to them like you do.
You retards are too stupid to see that 'your' so-called opinions are nothing but misinformation and lies and they were indeed "handed" to you by the clever propagandists working for the fossil fuel industry.

Sure thing dearie. Here's what your side had to say about the sea ice this year and here is the graph showing the real world. Notice a little problem there?

Nah? I didn't think you would.

"The Arctic ice cap freezes each winter as the sun sets for months at a time below the horizon. It swiftly melts each summer as the sun rises higher in the warming northern sky. Each year the sea ice reaches its annual minimum melt extent in September, but hit a record low in 2007. This year the Arctic Sea ice melted to its second lowest extent in recorded human history. Unprecedented amounts of new data shows that this trend is accelerating."

Arctic Watch iOS Released - Second largest ice melt in recorded history

Attachments

• $ssmi1_ice_ext.jpg
    $ssmi1_ice_ext.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 63

The thing is this: You are on the side that asserts a particular problem with a particular cause and a particular solution.

It is your job to prove it. You have not.

Thanks for proving my point. That's what you've been programmed to say. :lol:

The thing is this: You are on the side that asserts a particular problem with a particular cause and a particular solution.

It is your job to prove it. You have not.
Remember, we're dealing with people who really do think their feelings define reality.

Reality, however, refuses to cooperate.

Sure thing dearie. Here's what your side had to say about the sea ice this year and here is the graph showing the real world. Notice a little problem there? Nah? I didn't think you would.

"The Arctic ice cap freezes each winter as the sun sets for months at a time below the horizon. It swiftly melts each summer as the sun rises higher in the warming northern sky. Each year the sea ice reaches its annual minimum melt extent in September, but hit a record low in 2007. This year the Arctic Sea ice melted to its second lowest extent in recorded human history. Unprecedented amounts of new data shows that this trend is accelerating."

Arctic Watch iOS Released - Second largest ice melt in recorded history

LOLOL....you are such a silly moron, walleyed....your link leads to an ad for an iphone app with a few lines about the Arctic quoted from somewhere....the info is accurate though.....even though you're far too brainwashed and retarded to accept the scientific evidence....you poor, poor fool....your own 'thumbnail' attachment was un-sourced and not linked so who knows what the context was or who produced it....here's the actual look of the long term trend.....too bad you have your head jammed so far up your ass that you'll never be able to comprehend this whole issue....here's an important sentence from your link that you should have included: "NSIDC Director Mark Serreze said, "It looks like the spring ice cover is so thin now that large areas melt out in summer, even without persistent extreme weather patterns.""

ssmi_mdev_ice-area.png

Monthly Deviations of Sea Ice Area in the Arctic from merged SMMR and SSMI Data (NORSEX algorithm) (Copyright: NERSC and NIERSC)
Arctic Regional Ocean Observing System

(In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back