new years resolution on terrorism

Merlin1047 said:
Good advice. You may want to consider it yourself.

The reality is that there are a great many people out there who want you dead.

The reality is that they do not respond to kindness, logic or pleas for peace. Take a look at the ingrates in Indonesia who bad-mouth and threaten us even as we provide billions in aid to help them dig their way out of the tsunami disaster.

The reality is that it's us or them. That is not a choice we seek, it is a choice which has been forced upon us. And if it is to be us, then we need to kill a sufficient number of "them" to convince the rest to leave us the hell alone.

Maybe I dont understand ..........but if someone tells us they dont want our help, I think we should leave them alone. Maybe they want me dead for thinking like that but I think not. I think this interferring in the lives of others who really dont want us to, is making us enemies faster than we can kill them. No choice is being forced upon us.....we make the choices and are responsible for the consequences of those choices. And while we are in somebody elses country it hardly makes sense to tell them to leave us alone while we kill them.

rtwngAvngr said:
Yet it's you wacky leftists who insist your policies must be judged by their noble intentions and not their actual effects on society.

You libs are the closedminded ones. You'd rather believe against all evidence that the election was stolen than accept that AMerica has rejected the leftist agenda.

Basic good and evil do not change with the shifting sands of time.

YEs. To depose a cruel tyrant who had sworn to pursue the destruction of america and was seeking nuclear arms, and had ties to global terrorist organizations.

Here is you liberal arrogance raising it's ugly head.

Here is the class warfare, straight out of the 50 year old Dem playbook.

Here is your arrogance again, combined with your own psychotic break from reality.

You're sure alot of fun.......but Im wacky, arrogant, liberal, and a dem, oh yeah and psychotic, which really wins by a landslide.
I could argue the point but Im not here to persuade you to agree with me, I wanted to express a differing point of view.
I dont agree with either the dems or the reps....I think they are so much alike that unless we "label" them we wouldnt even know the difference. I dont think in terms of being right or arrogant, I think for myself, and my alllegiance can cross any lines I choose on any issue I choose. I am concerned about the MASS mentality that is being promoted and exploited. There has been alot of research done on the psyche and how it responds to a wide variety of stimuli.....know your enemy and always be vigilant.

sagegirl said:
No choice is being forced upon us.....we make the choices and are responsible for the consequences of those choices. And while we are in somebody elses country it hardly makes sense to tell them to leave us alone while we kill them.

Unbelievable. I guess we did have the option after Sep 11, 2001 to simply sit at home and debate our shortcomings.

Perhaps my memory is going faster than I thought, but it seems to me that we were attacked BEFORE we took any action in either Afghanistan or Iraq.

Sagegirl:

There has been alot of research done on the psyche and how it responds to a wide variety of stimuli.....know your enemy and always be vigilant.

Sounds like something out of Psych 150.

Merlin1047 said:
Unbelievable. I guess we did have the option after Sep 11, 2001 to simply sit at home and debate our shortcomings.

Perhaps my memory is going faster than I thought, but it seems to me that we were attacked BEFORE we took any action in either Afghanistan or Iraq.

Merlin....The last thing I want to do is upset you. I am not pleased with the way things are going in the world, but I try to maintain a sense of optimism regarding it all. I like to think that everyone involved has good intentions and accept the fact that we all have different opinions about how to achieve our goals (and admittedly what those goals are). I would welcome solutions from either side, dems or reps, and would prefer those solutions to come from some sort of understanding and cooperation between the parties rather than thru the ugliness of war and destruction. I know that is idealistic and probably unrealistic but I still would prefer it, but I actually dont expect it and Ive been around long enough to know that this has been going on and it will continue on regardless of how I feel. Yes we were cruelly attacked and our sense of security will never be the way we felt before the attack....which just goes to show how naive and unawares we were . Actually I think we sort of knew how some of these people we call "enemies" felt and just tended to disregard them. Well that proved to be a BIG mistake. We have to take their position into account, to ignore it is folly. It is not a matter of being weak, unpatriotic, left or right, it is a matter of being smart.

Merlin1047 said:
Good advice. You may want to consider it yourself.

The reality is that there are a great many people out there who want you dead.

The reality is that they do not respond to kindness, logic or pleas for peace. Take a look at the ingrates in Indonesia who bad-mouth and threaten us even as we provide billions in aid to help them dig their way out of the tsunami disaster.

The reality is that it's us or them. That is not a choice we seek, it is a choice which has been forced upon us. And if it is to be us, then we need to kill a sufficient number of "them" to convince the rest to leave us the hell alone.

No, the reality is to protect and serve our cause with our lives; if our mission is just, we should be willing to do it at the risk of our own lives.

I am very proud of my military/humanitarian record; I'd reached out to people, who in my opinion, had all the reasons in the world to kill me, but they didn't, because I'd proven my trust to them.

You're right; the reality is that it's US or THEM. and if it to be us, then we need to SAVE a significant number of them in order to convince the rest to join us in peace. It is through this method, can these people really leave us the hell alone. Now, if this means that some of us will die in the process, than we'll die.

Now if you're scared take such a risk, to risk your life for such an endeavor, then say you're scared!!! But don't blow this "patriotic" smoke up my ass, and pretend like you're ready to go and fight for this cause at a drop of a hat.

hylandrdet said:
No, the reality is to protect and serve our cause with our lives; if our mission is just, we should be willing to do it at the risk of our own lives.

I am very proud of my military/humanitarian record; I'd reached out to people, who in my opinion, had all the reasons in the world to kill me, but they didn't, because I'd proven my trust to them.

You're right; the reality is that it's US or THEM. and if it to be us, then we need to SAVE a significant number of them in order to convince the rest to join us in peace. It is through this method, can these people really leave us the hell alone. Now, if this means that some of us will die in the process, than we'll die.

Now if you're scared take such a risk, to risk your life for such an endeavor, then say you're scared!!! But don't blow this "patriotic" smoke up my ass, and pretend like you're ready to go and fight for this cause at a drop of a hat.

That is such an incredibly stupid statement that I will not waste keystrokes other than to point out that once again, you're a damn fool.

I HAVE placed my life on the line for my country. Sorry you missed it. You were probably busy inventorying blankets in that supply room in Germany. Jackass.

sagegirl said:
sorry, I thought maybe that YOU were taking it seriously....guess that isnt the case, so sorry to have jumped on you.

no worries...i don't take much of anything that happens on a web site seriously

Forum List

Back