New Year Resolutions

eternaltrue

I have the magic beans
Oct 29, 2012
As I said in another thread I'm giving up booze, is anyone else gonna make Amy changes to their life?

I intend to find additional ways to Go Galt and focus my income on paying off the rest of my mortgage as fast as possible.

I'm going to trust more that there is a Santa Claus, an Easter Bunny and Owe Bama was really born in Hawaii. It will be hard because all 3 are myths.

I don't drink much, I'm in pretty good shape for my age and I've already paid off most of my debt in previous "New Years Resolutions" so I guess I need to:

1. Organize the House better. My wife and I live in a house that was built in 1927 so it doesn't really have any closets or built in shelves and as a result our house is pretty cluttered. So what I need to do is go through all my clutter, in the the house AND the garage, throw out what I don't need or use and organize the rest. Then either build shelves or buy furniture.

2. Study Japanese AGAIN! I used to be pretty fluent in Japanese but those skills have greatly diminished in the last 10 years or so. We've had guests visiting from Japan recently and I was sitting there without much to say because I'd forgotten most of it! You know how it is with a language, you have to "Use or Lose it" and I've lost most of it.

3. Master the Guitar. I've played acoustic guitar since H.S. and I recently bought an Electric (Epiphone Les Paul) so I'd really like to learn the fretboard and then learn to solo.

I gave up making New Year resolutions years ago...it's like trying to keep a promise (which I don't make any promises or guarantees to anyone for any thing any more either) I am not very good at sticking with them. :(

Good luck E-True...you can do it...I hope the New Year brings you much love and peace.♥

Yep. I make them every year and some of them I stick to, others I don't. This time, I am determined to:

Pay off at least $10,000 of my loan
Lose at least ten kilos
Exercise often
Eat healthier

Just the usual ones, really.

I just ordered my first "smart" phone. My resolution is to make it through the entire new year without losing it.

Several years ago I made a new years resoloution to not make any more new years resoloutions.
No problem at all keeping that one.

I gave up making New Year resolutions years ago...it's like trying to keep a promise (which I don't make any promises or guarantees to anyone for any thing any more either) I am not very good at sticking with them. :(

Good luck E-True...you can do it...I hope the New Year brings you much love and peace.♥

I don't make them either, but this coming year will be different. I plan to do more reading ( even fiction :chillpill: ) and watch less political programs. I am tuning out politics by 50% or less. And I will stick to this. The idea came to me last month, but I thought I would throw it into this thread, as a New Year's Resolution....

Before I make any more resolutions, I will wait and see if there is a difference in the taxes that are withheld from my paycheck. If there are, I may turn to drugs.....:eusa_shhh:

I don't drink much, I'm in pretty good shape for my age and I've already paid off most of my debt in previous "New Years Resolutions" so I guess I need to:

1. Organize the House better. My wife and I live in a house that was built in 1927 so it doesn't really have any closets or built in shelves and as a result our house is pretty cluttered. So what I need to do is go through all my clutter, in the the house AND the garage, throw out what I don't need or use and organize the rest. Then either build shelves or buy furniture.

Found this, thought it might be helpful. Sometimes clutter can just stymie a person ... where to start? Our house isn't too cluttered but the constant dog hair ... oy. Although our closets and a few drawers leave a LOT to be desired, need to get them cleaned out. Kids rooms are awful (mostly the oldest and youngest; oldest clutter, youngest @ 15 :eek: pig sty) Ah well, it's on them, I give up and just close the door.

Clover Lane: My Cleaning And Laundry System

I have never made resolutions in the past, but sometimes the start of a new year gives you the push you need to make some changes, gonna start to walk more too, I love walking its just the weather in the UK has been so wet the last few years :(

The only thing that I can think of right now is to get certain areas of my house straightened up. What makes that easier said than done is the fact that I sadly do not have the help that I need in making all of that happen. :( :( :(

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

I have never made resolutions in the past, but sometimes the start of a new year gives you the push you need to make some changes, gonna start to walk more too, I love walking its just the weather in the UK has been so wet the last few years :(
eternaltrue, that's a good idea. Fortunately, my truck has 2 umbrellas in it, and it's right by the door most days.

I wasn't going to make one, but walking outside a little each day is such a good idea, do you mind if I borrow your idea to walk more?

It's so pretty here in the Piney Woods of Texas, it's going to be fun. I think I will start a thread and make myself post about walking every day. :thup:

Forum List

Back