New Workmans Comp. Law.

i've sold workers comp policies lower then 1000 dollars.

it's based on the # of employees you have and salaries and type of business

and for the most part insurance is regulated by the states. Each state will have different laws and regulations placed for different types of policies...especially Workers Comp.

The only insurance that is regulated by the federal government is flood

In Tennessee the rules depend on the business you're in. For most businesses it's required that you carry worker's comp in you have 5 or more employees. For construction or mining you must have it for even one employee. I've never heard of having wc for the business owner.

In Tennessee the rules depend on the business you're in. For most businesses it's required that you carry worker's comp in you have 5 or more employees. For construction or mining you must have it for even one employee. I've never heard of having wc for the business owner.
Depends on how the business is set up. Quite a few business owners are also employees of their company.

Depends on what it is.

everyone must get, no matter if its just you working in your business. Cost you 6000.00 to 8000.00 a year.

given that you don't even know the law is called workers' compensation law and not 'workmen's comp', i figure i'll wait til you post the statute.

got a link?

Worker's Compensation, sometimes referred to as "Workman's Compensation" or "Worker's Comp", is the name given to a system of laws meant to protect injured workers.

Workers' Compensation (Workman's Comp) - Know Your Rights

i've sold workers comp policies lower then 1000 dollars.

it's based on the # of employees you have and salaries and type of business

you know that; and i know that. but our friend froggy seems to be getting his information from a less than stellar source.

and what will the price be after 01-01-2010

sigh...you are obviously clueless on how insurance works.

Workers Comp is regulated by the states not by the federal government. Florida workers comp statutes may be different from where you live.

Just because where you live something may be changing doesn't mean it will effect everyone.

The only federal insurance is flood

Do you have a link?

Sounds like we are not getting the whole story

everyone must get, no matter if its just you working in your business. Cost you 6000.00 to 8000.00 a year.

given that you don't even know the law is called workers' compensation law and not 'workmen's comp', i figure i'll wait til you post the statute.

got a link?

Worker's Compensation, sometimes referred to as "Workman's Compensation" or "Worker's Comp", is the name given to a system of laws meant to protect injured workers.

you really think you need to tell me that?

he made a claim about increased cost. i asked for a link to his assertion.

keep up.

got a link?

keep up.

obviously i did....as you blasted him or her for not using the correct term.....

why did you do that if you knew that it is sometimes colloquially referred to as workman's comp....and you clearly said it is not workman's comp....

you're not lying are you?

keep up.

obviously i did....as you blasted him or her for not using the correct term.....

why did you do that if you knew that it is sometimes colloquially referred to as workman's comp....and you clearly said it is not workman's comp....

have you ever noticed that you spend so much time thinking you *got* me, that you miss the entire point of a discussion.

it is NO LONGER called workmen's comp. that's like calling a black person 'negro'.

now...do tell where his link is telling how workers comp is suddenly going to escalate to the inflated prices that he represented.

we'll wait....

keep up.

have you ever noticed that you spend so much time thinking you *got* me, that you miss the entire point of a discussion.

it is NO LONGER called workmen's comp. that's like calling a black person 'negro'.

now...do tell where his link is telling how workers comp is suddenly going to escalate to the inflated prices that he represented.

we'll wait....

wtf is your problem....i merely point out that you were wrong to blast him for using that term and you get all pissy....good lord, get your knickers out of twist :lol:

you know that; and i know that. but our friend froggy seems to be getting his information from a less than stellar source.

and what will the price be after 01-01-2010
It's not 6,000 to 8,000 a year you fucking retarded asshole.:lol:

My Workers' Comp just went up to $6750.

it's just another tax on business. We provide insurance for our employees and if they get hurt at work, shouldn't their health insurance cover it? why do I have to pay another 6 grand a year on top health insurance?

And as far as compensation for an injured worker, it would be cheaper for me to pay them out of pocket than to pay 6 grand a tear in comp.

I just don't have a type of business where someone will be seriously hurt so all those premiums are wasted.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back