New Virginia License Plates???

masquerade

positivity
Oct 15, 2009
right of center

Does ANYONE besides myself see the irony in this? The Tea Party idiots say they are for limited government, yet are currently petitioning the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles to spend more money in order to create a special license plate just for them. What a fucking joke!

You do realize that the state requires a minimum number of applications to offset the setup/design costs, don't you?...

After that, it's actually a money maker for the state as they charge extra for each one - as well as an extra annual fee...

Makes sense, as VA makes it easy for all kinds of organizations to come up with their own design, as long as they have their prepaid applications submitted...

http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/pdf/platesponsor_special.pdf

Ironically, the first snake motif was done by Ben Franklin with a cut up snake and the title "Unite or Die".

"Unite or die".... now that's a slogan worth bringing back. Fits the times well with the all out assault on america going on.

Does ANYONE besides myself see the irony in this? The Tea Party idiots say they are for limited government, yet are currently petitioning the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles to spend more money in order to create a special license plate just for them. What a fucking joke!

You do realize that the state requires a minimum number of applications to offset the setup/design costs, don't you?...

After that, it's actually a money maker for the state as they charge extra for each one - as well as an extra annual fee...

Makes sense, as VA makes it easy for all kinds of organizations to come up with their own design, as long as they have their prepaid applications submitted...

that just killed that meme before it even got off the deck

do you realize that everything you just spouted is totally fucking STUPID?

that just killed that meme before it even got off the deck

VaPudYank is meme-ically challenged....

The specialty tags cost an extra $25 per year. It is really ironic that these no-tax, no-government types want to actually pay for more government. If 600 Tea Party Republicans will buy the tags, that is an extra $15,000 per year to help fund state government. I like the idea that they will pay more than I will for the plain white Virginia tag.

Good for Virginia. People would not be paying for more government. They would be paying more money to express their opinions - just like the ones who want to "save the trees," "save the whales," proud university alumni, military, and others want to express their feelings on a particular issue.

Personalized plates are strictly "free choice" items - not a mandatory tax on every Virginian who owns a vehicle.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back