New U.S. Navy Carriers Opt for Gender-Neutral, Urinal-Free Bathrooms

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Obozo is CIC and he has to take blame for this idiotic bone tossed to the loony feminists.

New Class of Navy Carriers Will Forego Urinals | Advocate.com

July 11 2012 8:01 PM ET

For the first time ever, a new class of U.S. Navy carriers will set off with no urinals on board, reports the Navy Times.

Urinals are omitted from the Gerald R. Ford class of carriers, due to hit the fleet in 2015, as both a cost-saving measure and an attempt to make bathrooms more gender-neutral. Urinal-free ships allow the Navy to easily switch a bathroom's designation between male and female, helping the ship adapt to changing crews. The U.S. Navy has deployed women on ships since 1994, but every carrier built since then has included urinals.

Bathroom? Sailors piss and shit in the head. If they actually put bath tubs on war ships then I will be outraged.

As one who used to conduct sanitation inspections aboard ship, I tell you that urinals are the main producer of odor in the head, other than a CHT spill of course. Getting rid of them is a favor to the Ford's future head cleaners.

Bathroom? Sailors piss and shit in the head. If they actually put bath tubs on war ships then I will be outraged.

We had one onboard USS Iowa my friend... :)

CO's stateroom.

It was installed for FDR who rode the ship to the Tehran Conference - I think 1943.

In the 80s, when a Sailor reenlisted - one of the bennies was taking a bath in that tub!

As one who used to conduct sanitation inspections aboard ship, I tell you that urinals are the main producer of odor in the head, other than a CHT spill of course. Getting rid of them is a favor to the Ford's future head cleaners.

That is the truth. No more bad aiming idiots who miss the urinal and piss on the deck or bulkhead. Now if they got rid of the showerjackers there'd be no need for platform shower shoes.

CO's stateroom.

It was installed for FDR who rode the ship to the Tehran Conference - I think 1943.

In the 80s, when a Sailor reenlisted - one of the bennies was taking a bath in that tub!

Now I'm outraged.

CO's stateroom.

Now I'm outraged.

Here it is...

USS_Iowa_%28BB-61%29_bathtub_DN-ST-86-02543.JPG

That is the truth. No more bad aiming idiots who miss the urinal and piss on the deck or bulkhead. Now if they got rid of the showerjackers there'd be no need for platform shower shoes.

That's a good one.

Wonder what it would be like to go down to the ship's store and see tampax and kotex being sold there? I can hear it now from one of the female sailors on board... "I'd like to buy a carton of cigarettes, that camera and a box of tampax..." Glad I retired back in 1989.

Wonder what it would be like to go down to the ship's store and see tampax and kotex being sold there? I can hear it now from one of the female sailors on board... "I'd like to buy a carton of cigarettes, that camera and a box of tampax..." Glad I retired back in 1989.

1990 was my last year at sea... retired in 1999.
Glad I am out too.

Don't forget the condoms. A LOT of female sailors get pregnant on those ships

Forum List

Back