New Toys on the way...

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
I'm pretty excited at the possibility of producing misterblu-level quality pics:

6089bhinvoicepic.jpg

dmp said:
I'm pretty excited at the possibility of producing misterblu-level quality pics:

6089bhinvoicepic.jpg

Yay!
attachment.php

"misterblu-level quality pics" ? :rolleyes: :cuckoo:

erp? wha?

OK, I guess I won't argue. :thanks:

I knew you'd be pulled in sooner or later.

BTW, this is where you shall post the first picture you take with the camera. Why? Ummm...

'cause it's a tradition. Yeah, that's it.

Hell man... I know one thing for SURE... I'm a rank amature in this crowd... :eek:

VEEERRRY nice camera, and lense.

Pale Rider said:
Hell man... I know one thing for SURE... I'm a rank amature in this crowd... :eek:

VEEERRRY nice camera, and lense.

You and me both. Is there any online translator I can use to figure out just what in the hell D and MisterBlue are talking about?

Semper Fi said:
You and me both. Is there any online translator I can use to figure out just what in the hell D and MisterBlue are talking about?

You could just ask? Don't be shy. :D

They're here!!!

Very nice kit for the $. I don't have time to take any pictures tonight, but I will before the weekend is out.

My first impression? This stuff is of a much larger scale that I expected. For instance, the largest softbox, when mounted on the light stand at it's lowest position, is just under 8 feet tall. If I had the ceilings for it, I'm sure I could get to 12 feet in height or better.

The bulbs that are used are approximately 10" long and approx. 2" in diameter. The two large light stands are air cushioned (almost like shocks). All of the light stands have nice, locking, casters that mount on the legs so thatyou can roll the stands around.

There are a ton of accesories and bits to learn to use. It took me about an hour to set up, and perhaps 45 minutes to take down. I'm sure that with some practice I'll get this down to 30 minutes up and 30 down.

The whole kit comes in a very nice case with hard sides and wheels. There are bags to hold the softbox parts and accessories, and foam filled containers to hold the 12 (3200K) bulbs that came with the kit ( 4-500W, 8-1000W).

I can't wait to actually use them. :D

:thewave:

Forum List

Back