New To This Board

Listening? Why of course you are. Test in a couple of threads. Please keep your eyes on the screen and your fingers firmly on your OWN keyboeard. Thank you.:razz:

Here is a classic example of what Truth Matters is talking about.

Yes, despite the fact CG is telling the truth in this case.

So the "truth" is a defense to bad manners? I don't think so. (Not that I am conceding your opinion as to what is the truth here, BTW.)

If you can find just one post of hers that demonstrates that I am wrong, I will happily withdraw the assertion. However, she remains, the only poster I have seen on this board state that she 'hates' people based on their political views. True story.

There is no rule about being polite. I call it as I see it. She's a partisan hack.... and so are you.

I however, am known to bitchslap both 'sides'.

So the "truth" is a defense to bad manners? I don't think so. (Not that I am conceding your opinion as to what is the truth here, BTW.)

If you can find just one post of hers that demonstrates that I am wrong, I will happily withdraw the assertion. However, she remains, the only poster I have seen on this board state that she 'hates' people based on their political views. True story.

There is no rule about being polite. I call it as I see it. She's a partisan hack.... and so are you.

you are known for bullshitting. for being a coward. for sucking up. and for picking the low hanging fruit.

you are in serious denial, little girl.

hey, and you are most "known" for having nothing to back up your bullshit. how could i have forgotten this, secret sources. hahaha

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

I am grateful for the chance to post to a message board. I appreciate the opportunity to articulate my points of view and to see how others view the world.

I am idealogically conservative, but I recognize that not everyone feels the same way. The idea that local governments can be taylored to meet the interests of their consitutuencies is something I think is fundamental to America. For that reason I am huge believer in local control and the 10th amendment. Not to deter government intervention so much as to allow it at different levels depending upon what the local population (and that can be defined as an entire state) is interested in.

While I may not be as versed in history as I would like, I realize that our federal government is vectored in a way that is different from what I believe the founders intended. Not that the founders "trumph". We have definitely changed the way we do things. And if things can change, we can (if we want to) change them to the the type of arrangment we are most interested in (understanding that "we" is as local as "we" can get).

But we should do it in an orderly fashion. We have an electoral process and elected officials. They are the ones, I believe, who are responsible for making those changes. They are accountable to us through the electoral process.

I am not a fan of the courts or the use of the courts to "right the wrongs" of society. Many judges, especially members of the Supreme Court, are not accountable to the people for their decisions.

Enough for my ideology.

When it comes to public debate, I appreciate a well reasonsed argument and try to sort through posts to achieve that. However, I sometimes fall into the same trap I accuse others of and focus on things besides the arguments at hand. I hope to be better disciplined here.

Well,....talk is cheap.

Thanks for letting me post.

Welcome Listening.

Best that you pick a side...and never ever stray from the herd!

Hello Listening, and thank you for a thoughtful, and informative introduction. I am looking forward to your input here and hope you also can find the fun underneath much of the sarcasm....:lol:

Judging by your user, you already know the most important communication skill: "listening." **WELCOME** :D

Yep, and I have the bruises on both sides to prove it. :eek:

Welcome.

remember to keep that mind open.

Grow a thick skin very quickly as many here love to do nothing but sling personal insults.

Dont take them personally they are a lousy debate tactic.

Let me know how not to take insults personally. I haven't figured that one out yet. And I doubt that few people have, in spite of what they may have to say on the subject.

Who are you to me and who am I to you? See, it's easy. :lol:

This is looking like a very interesting community.

Again, thanks for letting me post.

And you are a liar.

Go get the posts of mine that prove what you claim.

You wont because they dont exsist and you will just fade from this thread now.

Dear OP see what I mean.

There is nothing "partisan" about being insulting to others. You just need to learn some manners and to start acting like a lady, if, in fact that is what you are.

Last edited:
Judging by your user, you already know the most important communication skill: "listening." **WELCOME** :D

Thank you for the welcome.

I wished I listened more so maybe the screen name is more hope than truth.

I need to keep looking for information, but I often get sucked into the flamefests.

It is a real temptation.

I really do believe there is room for all of us. I just don't think the federal government can call the shots and expect us all to be happy.

I don't believe that America was meant to be homogonized (and I realize that is just an opinion and I quaify it as such).

Forum List

Back