New to the usmessageboard

algran

Rookie
Mar 25, 2016
My name is Arthur Granville and I was born in Los Angeles(Hollywood) in 1947 at the famed Cedars of Lebanon Hospital, where most of the Movie Stars had their babies. Next to my mother when I was born was the British actress Deborah Kerr(King & I, From Here to Eternity, etc.) So Deborah(now deceased) has a daughter born next to me and my mother. She is 68 as I am and she is a practicing physician in London, UK.

I went to parochial school(Catholic) for 12 years, graduating high school in 1965 at St. Bernard High School in Playa del Rey, CA(near LAX airport). I then went to The El Camino College and studied sciences, commercial art, and journalism. After my 4th semester I was expelled for having a lower than 2.0 GPA(C). Subsequently I lost my 2-S deferrment and was drafted into the Marine Corps in April 1968. I finished my tour of duty in January 1970 and immediately went back to college. I attained the A.A. in Journalism in 1976 and went on to Cal State University for the 1976 year, again studying Journalism. I never received the B.A. I raised 5 sons born in 4 different decades(same wife). I started my professional career as an engineering technician and was promoted to Technical Writer, all in the Aerospace/Defense industry. I retired in approx. 2000. I am now a freelance writer struggling to get published.

Welcome to USMB and thank you for your service.

Have you spoken to cereal_killer about perhaps being a writer here? He is looking for some, ya know. No pay, but exposure!

66704297.jpg

I don't know where you are located, Algran,but you will be greeted more tomorrow when all the sleepyheads are awake again. I'm on the west coast...so I'm still awake. For the moment, lol.

And i am just a night owl. No wonder I am tired all the time. But I just like the peace at night.

Welcome again.

My name is Arthur Granville and I was born in Los Angeles(Hollywood) in 1947 at the famed Cedars of Lebanon Hospital, where most of the Movie Stars had their babies. Next to my mother when I was born was the British actress Deborah Kerr(King & I, From Here to Eternity, etc.) So Deborah(now deceased) has a daughter born next to me and my mother. She is 68 as I am and she is a practicing physician in London, UK.

I went to parochial school(Catholic) for 12 years, graduating high school in 1965 at St. Bernard High School in Playa del Rey, CA(near LAX airport). I then went to The El Camino College and studied sciences, commercial art, and journalism. After my 4th semester I was expelled for having a lower than 2.0 GPA(C). Subsequently I lost my 2-S deferrment and was drafted into the Marine Corps in April 1968. I finished my tour of duty in January 1970 and immediately went back to college. I attained the A.A. in Journalism in 1976 and went on to Cal State University for the 1976 year, again studying Journalism. I never received the B.A. I raised 5 sons born in 4 different decades(same wife). I started my professional career as an engineering technician and was promoted to Technical Writer, all in the Aerospace/Defense industry. I retired in approx. 2000. I am now a freelance writer struggling to get published.

Please ask the mods to delete this OP.

Posting personal info online can harm you. Im sure you'll have moderate views and be fine but still

welcome aboard :)

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
Granny says, "Another Hollywood lib'ral...

... well, `long as yer here, make yerself useful...

... grab a broom an' sweep the back porch."

You sound pretty educated. You may have to lower your expectations to the kindergarten level around here.

Welcome Algran..........hope you enjoy posting here.

Hi, algran, enormous greetings to you from the Dark Side ;)

Welcome

I look forward to reading your posts.

Dhara

upload_2016-3-30_17-21-7.png

Forum List

Back