New To The Board

Hello Everyone,

New to the board.

Hope to engage in some fun conversations.
f_11327704_1_zpsueflky2h.gif

Thank you.

I see you are a moderator.

Can you tell me how to stop from getting e-mails on every reply ?

Go here: Error US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum and un-check the box "receive email notifications of replies".

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact myself or another mod by pm.

Again, welcome to the site. :)

The amount of name calling tends to depend upon the level of moderation that takes place.

I see that the board has "Clean Debate Zone". I guess that says something about the rest of the board.

I left the other boards because I wasn't learning anything. It was non-stop name calling and imputing others motives.

I see some of that here. In fact I see a lot of it (just looking at the politics section...the most heavily trafficked).

Welcome to USMB.

I've been on a lot of boards too, and I can honestly say this is the best one.

There is a Clean Debate Zone, but interesting enough, even the ones that claim they don't like name-calling and insults will rather start their threads in the open Forum where that is not a restriction. Why is that? I think that after one has exhausted themselves providing facts and links and the idiot one is debating with still doesn't get it and is arguing with you without providing facts to back him/her up, one gets to the point where you just want to call him a moron and you're not allowed to do that in the CDZ.

You're not going to learn anything here either if your mind is already made up....and I think most people on this and every other Forum their minds are already made up.

We have many other Forums where you can just chat and discuss things that will not get your dander up.......nice place to go when you get your fill of the nasty....until you can come back and deal with the loons.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

I've been on message boards before.

The amount of name calling tends to depend upon the level of moderation that takes place.

I see that the board has "Clean Debate Zone". I guess that says something about the rest of the board.

I left the other boards because I wasn't learning anything. It was non-stop name calling and imputing others motives.

I see some of that here. In fact I see a lot of it (just looking at the politics section...the most heavily trafficked).

Why do people spend time doing this ?

yeah you wont get away from that here and yeah you are correct,the clean debate zone is the only place you CAN get away from it.lol

oh and welcome aboard.

Welcome to USMB.

I've been on a lot of boards too, and I can honestly say this is the best one.

There is a Clean Debate Zone, but interesting enough, even the ones that claim they don't like name-calling and insults will rather start their threads in the open Forum where that is not a restriction. Why is that? I think that after one has exhausted themselves providing facts and links and the idiot one is debating with still doesn't get it and is arguing with you without providing facts to back him/her up, one gets to the point where you just want to call him a moron and you're not allowed to do that in the CDZ.

You're not going to learn anything here either if your mind is already made up....and I think most people on this and every other Forum their minds are already made up.

We have many other Forums where you can just chat and discuss things that will not get your dander up.......nice place to go when you get your fill of the nasty....until you can come back and deal with the loons.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Indeed.you said it so well,I couldnt have said it better myself and have nothing to add.

Hello Everyone,

New to the board.

Hello. I hate Sun Devils on many levels. My family and friends all went to the University of Washington so just that would be enough as AZ should have never been included in the original PAC Eight, but Arizona also hosted the debacle that was Super Bowl 49 where the Seahawks got friggin ROBBED from a repeat.

I will be holding YOU personally responsible for all of the above mentioned greif.

That said I hope you stick around so I can spank you at every opportunity.

Thanks,

Sean

I certainly had a lot of respect for Don James back in the day.

Washington was the only team that could rival USC.

Oh...for the glory days.
The "Dawg Father". Husky here!!! Do you remember Sonny Sixkiller?

Hello Everyone,

New to the board.

Hello. I hate Sun Devils on many levels. My family and friends all went to the University of Washington so just that would be enough as AZ should have never been included in the original PAC Eight, but Arizona also hosted the debacle that was Super Bowl 49 where the Seahawks got friggin ROBBED from a repeat.

I will be holding YOU personally responsible for all of the above mentioned greif.

Thanks,

Sean

Oh...for the glory days.

He was before my time.

But I do recall hearing he name.

Hello Everyone,

New to the board.

Thanks,

Sean

Oh...for the glory days.

He was before my time.

But I do recall hearing he name.
Well you missed the first native American quarterback.
How about the "Throwin Somoan"?

Hello Everyone,

New to the board.

Thanks,

Sean

Oh...for the glory days.

Sonny Sixkiller was an amazing athlete. I once saw him being tackled being creamed about waist high and just the instant before being driven out of bounds, his body horizontal to the field, he fired a rope about 40 yards for a TD. It was the most amazing thing I ever saw a QB do.

In the 70's and 80's I frequently saw Sonny at some of the local bars I frequented. He was the field rep for one of the larger wine and liquor distributors in Seattle. Now he is involved in some golf courses and he can be seen frequently as an ad man on the tube promoting these Courses and the Restaurants associated with them. Some of Sixkiller's passing records stood up for decades at the U of W.

images

Here is Sonny with his coach Jim Owens.

Sonny_Sixkiller.jpg

I've been on message boards before.

Why do people spend time doing this ?

The same reason you are spending time doing this. Most likely. Welcome to the board and keep in mind that a board that permits freedom of speech is going to be a lively board which is why they have zones such as clean debate zone - there is something for everyone.

On your mod comment: The amount of name calling does not depend upon the amount of moderation that takes place but rather the amount of self discipline an adult wishes to exercise.

Forum List

Back