New To The Board

Hello Everyone,

New to the board.

Hope to engage in some fun conversations.
Come in and get your feet wet. The water is deep in some spots, so be careful. Enjoy your stay and speak your mind. Remember, there are almost 7 billion people on this Earth, and at least that many opinions and views. So, just engage and enjoy, and tell it like it is. You'll find a lot of strange posts, and some of them exceed strange. But, there are a few serious conversations that take place also. Just pick one that suits you and express yourself. And, don't pay any attention to the name calling and personal attacks. This forum does have its share of childish behavior and silly remarks. It wont take you long to learn the ones that really want to discuss issues, and those that are here for the fun and games. Again, welcome and enjoy.

• Banned
I've been on message boards before.

The amount of name calling tends to depend upon the level of moderation that takes place.

I see that the board has "Clean Debate Zone". I guess that says something about the rest of the board.

I left the other boards because I wasn't learning anything. It was non-stop name calling and imputing others motives.

I see some of that here. In fact I see a lot of it (just looking at the politics section...the most heavily trafficked).

Why do people spend time doing this ?

Hello Everyone,

New to the board.

Hello. I hate Sun Devils on many levels. My family and friends all went to the University of Washington so just that would be enough as AZ should have never been included in the original PAC Eight, but Arizona also hosted the debacle that was Super Bowl 49 where the Seahawks got friggin ROBBED from a repeat.

I will be holding YOU personally responsible for all of the above mentioned greif.

That said I hope you stick around so I can spank you at every opportunity.

Thanks,

Sean

• Banned
Hello Everyone,

New to the board.

Hello. I hate Sun Devils on many levels. My family and friends all went to the University of Washington so just that would be enough as AZ should have never been included in the original PAC Eight, but Arizona also hosted the debacle that was Super Bowl 49 where the Seahawks got friggin ROBBED from a repeat.

I will be holding YOU personally responsible for all of the above mentioned greif.

Thanks,

Sean

I certainly had a lot of respect for Don James back in the day.

Washington was the only team that could rival USC.

Oh...for the glory days.

The amount of name calling tends to depend upon the level of moderation that takes place.

I see that the board has "Clean Debate Zone". I guess that says something about the rest of the board.

I left the other boards because I wasn't learning anything. It was non-stop name calling and imputing others motives.

I see some of that here. In fact I see a lot of it (just looking at the politics section...the most heavily trafficked).

I've never been able to figure it out, to be honest with you. Like you, I've been on many forums over the years, and it seems the admin and moderators enjoy the childish behavior, else they would limit the discussion to those that really want to talk about the issues. But, it's almost impossible to find a forum where people can address the issues without the silly immature name calling and personal attacks. I have no idea as to why the admin and moderators encourage it, and condone it. It really adds nothing to the forum, nor does it attract the well intended people that are seriously looking for a place to discuss and debate the important issues facing all of us.

Just ignore the children and don't lower yourself to their immature level. Yes, you can find good conversations here where members are honestly addressing the issues and discussing them in a civil and adult manner. But, there will always be that 10% that want attention and starts the name calling and personal attacks. It wont take you long to figure out who the children are. This forum is about par for the course considering what's on the internet these days.

Again, welcome and try to enjoy it as much as you can. It's not ideal, but you can have some good conversations and debates if you watch for them. Also, you'll find the political views here about the same as elsewhere. There's about as many die hard Democrats as there is die hard Republicans. In addition, the favorite label that gets the majority of the bashing is "Liberal". Sometimes I wonder if a few members know no other word. Lately, the main topic has been "GAY". I have seen more posts and comments about gays the past few days than I've ever seen on any forum, ever. I hope that the subject will run its course soon, and we can start seeing more posts concerning the big issues such as our national debt, the injustices in our judicial system, government corruption, the economy, health care, taxes, and illegal immigration.

Hello Everyone,

New to the board.

Thanks,

Sean
ROLL TIDE and GO SAINTS

• Banned

I've never been able to figure it out, to be honest with you. Like you, I've been on many forums over the years, and it seems the admin and moderators enjoy the childish behavior, else they would limit the discussion to those that really want to talk about the issues. But, it's almost impossible to find a forum where people can address the issues without the silly immature name calling and personal attacks. I have no idea as to why the admin and moderators encourage it, and condone it. It really adds nothing to the forum, nor does it attract the well intended people that are seriously looking for a place to discuss and debate the important issues facing all of us.

Just ignore the children and don't lower yourself to their immature level. Yes, you can find good conversations here where members are honestly addressing the issues and discussing them in a civil and adult manner. But, there will always be that 10% that want attention and starts the name calling and personal attacks. It wont take you long to figure out who the children are. This forum is about par for the course considering what's on the internet these days.

Again, welcome and try to enjoy it as much as you can. It's not ideal, but you can have some good conversations and debates if you watch for them. Also, you'll find the political views here about the same as elsewhere. There's about as many die hard Democrats as there is die hard Republicans. In addition, the favorite label that gets the majority of the bashing is "Liberal". Sometimes I wonder if a few members know no other word. Lately, the main topic has been "GAY". I have seen more posts and comments about gays the past few days than I've ever seen on any forum, ever. I hope that the subject will run its course soon, and we can start seeing more posts concerning the big issues such as our national debt, the injustices in our judicial system, government corruption, the economy, health care, taxes, and illegal immigration.

I appreciate the advice.

My biggest issue is calling out people who make blanket statements or who misrepresent things.

Even I have to stop and look at what I've read in the news and really think about whether or not it says what I think it says (or what I want it to say).

Mods and Admins tolerate it to lesser or greater levels because they sell advertising, and the value is in the revenue generated on a Board like this. Thus, the more traffic, the bettah.

I appreciate the advice.

My biggest issue is calling out people who make blanket statements or who misrepresent things.

Even I have to stop and look at what I've read in the news and really think about whether or not it says what I think it says (or what I want it to say).
Well, a lot of what you will read here is opinion, not necessarily based on any hard facts or data. We do have some members that will present data to support their side of an issue. And, at times, some will post data that is several years old and certainly outdated. You can request that someone give supporting data to back up what they're saying, but don't expect everyone to supply that information. But, feel free to question anything and everything. Don't be shy about calling someone out if you believe what they're presenting is BS. Just remember, that the door swings both ways, and usually does.

I appreciate the advice.

Well, a lot of what you will read here is opinion, not necessarily based on any hard facts or data. We do have some members that will present data to support their side of an issue. And, at times, some will post data that is several years old and certainly outdated. You can request that someone give supporting data to back up what they're saying, but don't expect everyone to supply that information. But, feel free to question anything and everything. Don't be shy about calling someone out if you believe what they're presenting is BS. Just remember, that the door swings both ways, and usually does.

You are correct.

A standard of truth should be applicable to everyone.

The struggle is in determining just what is a "factual".

Hello Everyone,

New to the board.

f_11327704_1_zpsueflky2h.gif

I appreciate the advice.

You are correct.

A standard of truth should be applicable to everyone.

The struggle is in determining just what is a "factual".
Well, most of it is just plain ol' common sense and simple logic. In other words, if it doesn't sound right, question it, then take a look at what "facts?" are presented. Most of the time, a little research will reveal the validity, or absence thereof. A lot of it is self evident, and can be determined relatively quickly.

Hello Everyone,

New to the board.

Dude I've been here for maybe a half our, and have already experienced a torrent of both stimulating conversation, and sickening hatred. It's a damn good time, I mean it!
It's not so bad, is it? It's fun, really it is. Sometimes I laugh until my side hurts. Get as much as you can out of it. Enjoy and have a ton of fun.

Forum List

Back