new to politics.

What do you think worked in the past?

Not being a arse here, just trying to find out what side of the issues you're on. :)

i dont know what has worked, I know something got us out of the great depression and i know Clinton built up a huge surplus and bush built up a huge defecite. I am not anti-bush I'm just stating what I have seen

Not only do you have to look at the Presidents, but at Congress.

Reaganomics actually helped the American Economy, despite having the Cold War on it's Brink, Liberals still Loathe him without knowing the consequences of him not trying to compete with the Soviets.

But that's just a different story.

And think about it... "Reaganomics" brought the American economy into the negative.. but somehow that is the model we should follow.. Or maybe we should go Dubya's route: Fund two wars by lowering taxes.

However... that was the one good thing about Reagan.. he knew he didn't need a war to define his presidency..

He tore the wall down in Germany.. he dodged a bullet with Soviet Union.. and he knew when to cut his losses and end operations in a Muslim country.
Which I find funny that Republicans seem to conveniently forget.

i dont know what has worked, I know something got us out of the great depression and i know Clinton built up a huge surplus and bush built up a huge defecite. I am not anti-bush I'm just stating what I have seen

Reaganomics actually helped the American Economy, despite having the Cold War on it's Brink, Liberals still Loathe him without knowing the consequences of him not trying to compete with the Soviets.

And think about it... "Reaganomics" brought the American economy into the negative.. but somehow that is the model we should follow.. Or maybe we should go Dubya's route: Fund two wars by lowering taxes.

However... that was the one good thing about Reagan.. he knew he didn't need a war to define his presidency..

He tore the wall down in Germany.. he dodged a bullet with Soviet Union.. and he knew when to cut his losses and end operations in a Muslim country.
Which I find funny that Republicans seem to conveniently forget.

Of course, because getting rid of Inflation from Carter era and strengthening the Dollar at the same time sure is putting it in a Negative..

But hey! At least you have some nice things to say..

Hi I am 26 years old and finally started to think about politics. When I was growing up politics never came up so I never got into it.

Seeing that politics are in alot of conversation I have heard, I want to be in loop so I need some help deciding which house I belong, if any.

Read "Atlas Shrugged" cover to cover. When you have finished you will know which end of the political spectrum you lean toward.

Issues mean nothing. Two people can arrive at the same conclusion for completely different reasons. Where you are politically reflects a method of thinking, not a set of conclusions.

Asking others to define your political views is like asking others to choose a good shoe size for you.
An excellent answer.

leave any political forums, they are 99% just partisan bickering, especiall yin sections like current events and politics. economic sub sections tend to be really good though. personally you should just spend your spare time learning about history ( a good dose of military history is key ) & economics mixed in with some philosophy and you should be good to go. once that happens you just need to update yourself on current geopolitics and actions of our government and you will be well informed and capable of making your own decisions on issues.

Hi I am 26 years old and finally started to think about politics. When I was growing up politics never came up so I never got into it.

Seeing that politics are in alot of conversation I have heard, I want to be in loop so I need some help deciding which house I belong, if any.
My advice: fuck a label. Don't worry about what 'ideology', 'party' of 'school of thought' you adhere to. Accept what makes sense, draw inspiration from whatever might inspire you, and draw your own conclusions. While it might sometimes prove useful to compare yourself to others or use common terms in aiding an explanation (eg: when I speak of drawing inspiration from Marx and Mao, while adhering to a reformist/progressive ideology and adhering to Austrian business cycle theory and the Subjective Theory of Value), don't get too hung up on finding a 'house to belong to'.

Most importantly, always remember that you reserve the right to change your mind at any time, if new arguments or information convince you, and never allow yourself to get pigeonholed as x.

Focus on finding out what you believe and what is real and true to your own mind and understanding. Defend your beliefs to the death so long as you hold them, but don't be unwilling to reconsider them in light of new information.

So long as you do that, you'll be fine.

Also, never listen to anything ☭proletarian☭ tells you.

What do you think worked in the past?

Not being a arse here, just trying to find out what side of the issues you're on. :)

And Republicans adore him while failing to realize/admit he was actually a self-described Libertarian who didn't tow the current GOP line.

I dont know if its possible or not, but i believe that this country needs to be ran like a country and not a business. by that i mean not worry so much about making a profit.

And why in gods name soes the president have to make so much money? I understand its a big postions but I think teachers have a bigger role in our development than the president and they get paid crappy wages.

Based on several of your posts you seem to be left leaning to me but like others have pointed out you should NOT define yourself by a party left OR right.

☭proletarian☭;2004518 said:

And Republicans adore him while failing to realize/admit he was actually a self-described Libertarian who didn't tow the current GOP line.

That's actually WHY some admire him.

Read "Atlas Shrugged" cover to cover. When you have finished you will know which end of the political spectrum you lean toward.

Issues mean nothing. Two people can arrive at the same conclusion for completely different reasons. Where you are politically reflects a method of thinking, not a set of conclusions.

Asking others to define your political views is like asking others to choose a good shoe size for you.

I'm not asking other to define my political views I am asking for suggestions to help me decide for myself

Find out what YOU think is best for the country as a whole.

Read books, quotes from famous leaders or people, Debate on here and post your opinion.

Trying an opinion on to see if it fits is good. Takng it for a walk through the market place of ideas is better. If you listen to Rush or Hannity, they sound as if their opinoions are unassailable. The same goes for the Big 0. They will constantly set up Strawmen to knock down and it sounds like they have won an argument.

As they said in a movie I watched, "Bring that shit to me!" Which means, if yuou want an idea challenged, define it in front of those that you know don't agree with it.

I dont know if its possible or not, but i believe that this country needs to be ran like a country and not a business. by that i mean not worry so much about making a profit.

And why in gods name soes the president have to make so much money? I understand its a big postions but I think teachers have a bigger role in our development than the president and they get paid crappy wages.

The government has NEVER made a profit, it never will.

Teachers in public schools do ok, but yes they have more influence in personal development than any president. Then again, not nearly the influence of family. ;)

Welcome.

If you haven't noticed, it's been a while since the the country showed anything but a pretty big loss. No danger of the US running like a business.

When Babe Ruth was playing baseball, he was asked if it was fair that he made more money than the President. The Babe answered that he had had a better year than the President.

Why does the president make more money than the a teacher? Count the number of American Teachers working at their trade today and then count the number of American Presidents working at their trade today.

There's your answer.

Which group is helping the future more? One is leading the effort to make you and your off spring pay back 14 Tillion dollars and the other is teaching you how to read about the time when the USA was the pre-eminent country on the planet.

Three quick tabs of advice:

Never let anyone choose your political identity for you.

When googling, search for the opposite of what you want to prove, then search for supporting evidence.

Always, always, always double check facts before you claim something is a fact.

Have fun!

☭proletarian☭;2004518 said:

I'm not sure that that's an accurate statement. Conservatives like him, but Republicans may or may not. Republicans are not all that Conservative, if you haven't noticed.

Reagan definitely had blind spots, but he loved the USA and loved the American people. The people could see this and despite how he is portrayed by the press, and this is the most explicite proof of the political orientation of the press, he came within fractions of a percentage point in Minnesota of carrying all 50 states in his re-election.

The people of the country loved the guy. The voting public does not love a leader that is failing them. The truth has a certain ring to it. Reagan told the truth as he understood it.

Just stand up and fight for what you believe in and don't get too consumed with either political party. Basically stay independent. Don't let either political party pollute your core beliefs. Just stay informed & independent and you should be ok. Good luck and welcome.

well considering that hate is a very powerful word, no I dont hate any of them. I dont mind poor people because i am one, I think we should protect our environment but some people take it too serious, Mexicans???? really I dont care where you are from if you are here illeaglly then you should get kicked out. period. and with taxes i believe that everyone should be taxed based on their income, but i dont think the real rich that give to charities and other programs just to get the tax money back should get it back.

Political message board is the worst place to start learning about politics. Go read up on different ideologies first.

Teachers in public schools do ok, but yes they have more influence in personal development than any president. Then again, not nearly the influence of family. ;)

Welcome.

I never said the country makes a profit but then again how did clinton make such a surplus??? I just think we shouldnt worry about making a profit. We should protect our own and stop trying to make everybody in the world happy.

Welcome.

I never said the country makes a profit but then again how did clinton make such a surplus??? I just think we shouldnt worry about making a profit. We should protect our own and stop trying to make everybody in the world happy.

It's not about turning a profit, it's about balancing the checkbook.

New Topics

Forum List

Back