New Testament on the practice of Homosexuality

What is truly funny is the guy admonishing us not to Judge is in fact the one Judging us. All I have done is correct misinterpretation of what is actually in the bible versus what some claimed was not.

The passage I cited is not up to interpretation. It is concise and clear. There is no wiggle room. It clearly states that man having sex with another man is a sin. And I posted it because several avowed Christians on this site claimed no such passage existed in the New Testament.

I am not judging anyone I am informing those that are mistaken that they are and providing them the scripture to back it up.

I don't personally care what you choose to do with the information. I am simply passing it along as God commands we inform and teach.

The two things in bold above are worth addressing. Everyone "sins" every day or at least every week. Oops. Oh well, who I am to cast a stone?

So then according to the Bible, anyone who has been divorced and then remarried is intentionally living in repeated sin by choice, every day of their life and therefore, not Okay Dokey with your interpretation of God. Bummer. Christians (especially in the South) have among the highest divorce / remarry rate in the country. Oh well, guess they're all going to hades.
You have your interpretation fo the Bible. Like the Sgt, you pick and choose what you want to take literally, what you want to interpret and how you want to interpret it. That's fine. It's not for me to judge your interpretation. But the two of you do seem inclined to judge any interpretation wich differes from your own.
You might consider just focusing on your own path. Someone really cool said that's the way to go!

Understanding the nature of sin has nothing to do with judging someone who commits one.
On judgment my view is this:
Jesus came to save sinners, of whom I am chief.

If you don't understand the nature of sin, how do you expect to avoid it?
Sin is an equal opportunity killer. Even the smallest one can keep you out of Heaven if you don't put you faith in Christ. Having said that, the Bible tells us that our individual sins are dealt with on an individual basis.
So as not to be accused of interpreting the Bible which I am admonished not to add to or take away from, I'll include the chapter and verse that I am referring to, ok?
The OT dealt with sins with different sacrifices. Leviticus 1: 1----

God takes into consideration, what our motive was for committing the sin. Some of us sin and don't even know we have done it. Others may commit the same sin, but deliberately. The two will be judged differently.
Numbers 15:24 vs. Numbers 15: 30.
Luke 12:47 vs. Luke 12:48

On divorce, you mistake what Christ said for what you think I think Christ said.
Mt 5:31
Mt. 19:9
Mk. 10:11-12
Lk. 16:18
Romans 7:1-3
1 Cor. 7

God's, not my, opinion on homosexuality:
Lev. 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is abomination.
And:
Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, AND the cities around them in like manner,(God took out 5 cities, not 2, with a meteor, and to prove it wasn't a fluke of nature, left the sixth city intact.) giving themselves over to fornication and going after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
^ Jude verse 7.

My opinion, which has nothing to do with interpretation, is I could care less who sleeps with whom, but I don't make the rules, nor do I question the one who does. Cause I already know His answer, "And where were you when I was creating the universe?"

Someone really cool said that my path as well as yours is a co-mission with Christ to save souls. It's a hard job. :eek:
How you doin?

So you have a different interpretation and you think yours is cooler. Goody for you. I find you opinion uninformed and invalid.
As far as quoting the Old Testament, you don't believe we follow the laws as prescribed in the old testament.
As far as divorce and remarrying, it is crystal clear in one verse - but you don't find it convenient so you use others to compensate. This is common.

The only difference between us is I my God isn't small, petty, juvenile and incapable of understanding people. Yours is. It's okay, if that makes you comfortable, good for you.

Understanding the nature of sin has nothing to do with judging someone who commits one.
On judgment my view is this:
Jesus came to save sinners, of whom I am chief.

If you don't understand the nature of sin, how do you expect to avoid it?
Sin is an equal opportunity killer. Even the smallest one can keep you out of Heaven if you don't put you faith in Christ. Having said that, the Bible tells us that our individual sins are dealt with on an individual basis.
So as not to be accused of interpreting the Bible which I am admonished not to add to or take away from, I'll include the chapter and verse that I am referring to, ok?
The OT dealt with sins with different sacrifices. Leviticus 1: 1----

God takes into consideration, what our motive was for committing the sin. Some of us sin and don't even know we have done it. Others may commit the same sin, but deliberately. The two will be judged differently.
Numbers 15:24 vs. Numbers 15: 30.
Luke 12:47 vs. Luke 12:48

On divorce, you mistake what Christ said for what you think I think Christ said.
Mt 5:31
Mt. 19:9
Mk. 10:11-12
Lk. 16:18
Romans 7:1-3
1 Cor. 7

God's, not my, opinion on homosexuality:
Lev. 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is abomination.
And:
Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, AND the cities around them in like manner,(God took out 5 cities, not 2, with a meteor, and to prove it wasn't a fluke of nature, left the sixth city intact.) giving themselves over to fornication and going after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
^ Jude verse 7.

My opinion, which has nothing to do with interpretation, is I could care less who sleeps with whom, but I don't make the rules, nor do I question the one who does. Cause I already know His answer, "And where were you when I was creating the universe?"

Someone really cool said that my path as well as yours is a co-mission with Christ to save souls. It's a hard job. :eek:
How you doin?

So you have a different interpretation and you think yours is cooler. Goody for you. I find you opinion uninformed and invalid.
As far as quoting the Old Testament, you don't believe we follow the laws as prescribed in the old testament.
As far as divorce and remarrying, it is crystal clear in one verse - but you don't find it convenient so you use others to compensate. This is common.

The only difference between us is I my God isn't small, petty, juvenile and incapable of understanding people. Yours is. It's okay, if that makes you comfortable, good for you.

Do you not understand the difference between a quote and interpretation? Not goody for you.
The OT reference was to show how different sins are dealt with differently. Since we don't sacrifice, it was not a call to follow anything.......

I quoted some verses on the topic of marriage and divorce from the NT. I didn't know I was on a treasure hunt for your most important verse. What is it you think I find inconvenient? :lol: Throw out the one verse you DO find convenient, because one verse instead of a collection of data on the same topic always makes things clearer.

That's not the only difference between us, I bet there are lots.

Do you not understand the difference between a quote and interpretation? Not goody for you.
The OT reference was to show how different sins are dealt with differently. Since we don't sacrifice, it was not a call to follow anything.......

I quoted some verses on the topic of marriage and divorce from the NT. I didn't know I was on a treasure hunt for your most important verse. What is it you think I find inconvenient? :lol: Throw out the one verse you DO find convenient, because one verse instead of a collection of data on the same topic always makes things clearer.

That's not the only difference between us, I bet there are lots.

It looks like we have some quotes mixed up. I was replying to SGT, not you. However, if there are things you would like to discuss or debate and would like to clarify, I'd be happy to do so.

And there is nothing unclear in this:
"He who does not hate his mother and father, yeah his brother and sister, cannot pick up his cross and follow me."

Very clear, wouldn't you say.

That doesn't mean what you think it means.

It's a comparative statement. Luke is relating the same concept as Matthew does in Matthew 10:37

"He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me"
What Luke is trying to confer is that love for God should be so strong that your love of your folks, your siblings and even your own life should seem like hate by comparison.

This is a straightforward list of those who will not inherit the kingdom of God:

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Matthew 1 | NET Bible Online

So much for the argument the New Testament is mute on the subject.

The passage is 1 Corinthians 6:9. The link takes me to that passage even though it says Matthew.

Religious texts mean fuck all when it comes to marriage laws.

it's the westboro baptist translation of the bible; i don't think it's gained wide acceptance

:eusa_whistle:

Pick any translation you prefer:

parallel7.gif
New International Version (©1984)

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

New Living Translation (©2007)

Don't you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality,

English Standard Version (©2001)

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,

New American Standard Bible (©1995)

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

International Standard Version (©2008)

You know that wicked people will not inherit the kingdom of God, don't you? Stop deceiving yourselves! Sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexuals,

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)

Or do you not know that evil men do not inherit The Kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; no fornicators, neither worshipers of idols, neither adulterers, neither sexual molesters, neither males lying down with males,

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)

Don't you know that wicked people won't inherit the kingdom of God? Stop deceiving yourselves! People who continue to commit sexual sins, who worship false gods, those who commit adultery, homosexuals,

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)

Know you not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

American King James Version

Know you not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

American Standard Version

Or know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with men,

Douay-Rheims Bible

Know you not that the unjust shall not possess the kingdom of God? Do not err: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers,

Darby Bible Translation

Do ye not know that unrighteous persons shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not err: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor those who make women of themselves, nor who abuse themselves with men,

English Revised Version

Or know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with men,

Webster's Bible Translation

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Weymouth New Testament

Do you not know that unrighteous men will not inherit God's Kingdom? Cherish no delusion here. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor any who are guilty of unnatural crime,

World English Bible

Or don't you know that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals,

Young's Literal Translation

have ye not known that the unrighteous the reign of God shall not inherit? be not led astray; neither whoremongers, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor sodomites,

http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/6-9.htm

And there is nothing unclear in this:
"He who does not hate his mother and father, yeah his brother and sister, cannot pick up his cross and follow me."

Very clear, wouldn't you say.

That doesn't mean what you think it means. Ah. So you have an INTERPRETATION that helps it make sense! Good for you! Which was of course the point I was making. But make no mistake, in the original Siniaticus and Alexadricanus, the word is "Hate". However there is a reason for this that you're not aware of.

It's a comparative statement. Luke is relating the same concept as Matthew does in Matthew 10:37

"He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me"
What Luke is trying to confer is that love for God should be so strong that your love of your folks, your siblings and even your own life should seem like hate by comparison.

This is a straightforward list of those who will not inherit the kingdom of God:

Nice interpretation! However it leaves out the even more contextual factor which you haven't mentioned: The audience for which that Gospel was specifically intended.

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Lovely but not said by Jesus. Said by the guy who tells us anyone who remarries lives a lifestyle of permanent, intentional sin. The guy who told slaves to obey their masters.

The time, culture etc... are all things that affected what was written. Do you really think it pisses God off is a women goes with some chic, short hairstyle? No. Cultural Context.

So basically this is simple. I am more fogiving than God (according to you).

It should also be noted that when Jesus spoke of marriage, he referred to a man and a woman.

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

Jesus makes it clear that men will leave their mother to join a wife. They join and become one. Obviously homosexuality cannot do this.

Jesus defines marriage as being between a man and woman. And having sexual relations outside of marriage is a sin, so therefore any type of homosexual acts would be considered a sin.

It should also be noted that when Jesus spoke of marriage, he referred to a man and a woman.

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

Jesus makes it clear that men will leave their mother to join a wife. They join and become one. Obviously homosexuality cannot do this.

Jesus defines marriage as being between a man and woman. And having sexual relations outside of marriage is a sin, so therefore any type of homosexual acts would be considered a sin.

Well there you have it! I am more loving, forgiving and understanding than your version of God.
Hey! I'm pretty special! :eusa_angel:

New Testament on the practice of Homosexuality

Does it really need that much practice?

The passage is 1 Corinthians 6:9. The link takes me to that passage even though it says Matthew.

6:10 thieves, the greedy, drunkards, the verbally abusive, and swindlers will not inherit the kingdom of God.

FUCK! Looks like we're ALL going to hell!

Yup ,we are all fucked..whole damn board...see ya in hell ..fuckers !

Last edited:

6:10 thieves, the greedy, drunkards, the verbally abusive, and swindlers will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Yup ,we are all fucked..whole damn board

Cuz if it says it in the Bible, then it has to be true. Jesus would not approve of USMB.

Not to mention every player in the NFL! Working on the Sabbath over and over again! Gather your rocks boys, it's a time for a stonin'!

Or maybe OT stuff only applies when convenient? Same with NT stuff!

All depends on how the greek word effeminate is translated, which is said once in the NT and of course never by Jesus.

It is shocking the ratio of how much fundies care about homosexuality compared to adultery/remarriage which Jesus SPECIFICALLY condemns in the NT and is one of the 10 commandments.

How many churches will happily perform a marriage of 2 divorced people? In other words, happily celebrate adultery and enable it right within their walls.

The real question is, how many WON'T do it?

All depends on how the greek word effeminate is translated, which is said once in the NT and of course never by Jesus.

It is shocking the ratio of how much fundies care about homosexuality compared to adultery/remarriage which Jesus SPECIFICALLY condemns in the NT and is one of the 10 commandments.

How many churches will happily perform a marriage of 2 divorced people? In other words, happily celebrate adultery and enable it right within their walls.

Well, it was strictly enforced until it started costing the church too many members - and as a result, $$$$$. Then they began spinning it so that they could keep both. But they kept homosexuality as something to point that self-righteous finger at because you know, where spirituality is about unity and love, organized religion is about judgment and seperation.

Well, it was strictly enforced until it started costing the church too many members - and as a result, $$$$$. Then they began spinning it so that they could keep both. But they kept homosexuality as something to point that self-righteous finger at because you know, where spirituality is about unity and love, organized religion is about judgment and seperation.

Well said

Forum List

Back