New Testament on the practice of Homosexuality

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by RetiredGySgt, Feb 18, 2012.

1. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,953
    Matthew 1 | NET Bible Online

So much for the argument the New Testament is mute on the subject.

The passage is 1 Corinthians 6:9. The link takes me to that passage even though it says Matthew.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  2. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859

Religious texts mean fuck all when it comes to marriage laws.

3. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    it's the westboro baptist translation of the bible; i don't think it's gained wide acceptance

:eusa_whistle:

4. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,953
    You are a LIAR. It is in EVERY Bible. And I am countering the argument put forth by some that there are no passages in the New testament about Homosexual conduct. Thus why it is in RELIGION. Last I checked we don't make our laws based on bible verses.

5. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,536
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFkeKKszXTw]Betty Bowers Explains Traditional Marriage to Everyone Else - YouTube[/ame]

6. IndependntLogic

IndependntLogic Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +399
    I think you've misinterpreted what many have pointed out. Both homosexuality and abortion were quite common in Christ' day. But Jesus Himself, never said a thing about either in any of the four canonized Gospels nor any of the other Gospels.

7. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,953
    And yet in the New testament it clearly states that if a man lies down with another man that is a sin and will not be tolerated for acceptance to Paradise.

AND that is the argument that is made by the supposed Christians when they defend practicing Homosexuals. Once again for the slow, being a Homosexual does not prevent one from salvation. Living the lifestyle and preforming the immoral sex acts does. Just as practicing adulterers are denied entry.

8. IndependntLogic

IndependntLogic Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +399
    Well it's certainly interesting to meet someone who never sins repeatedly. No pride, no judgment of others, never has bad thoughts. You are certainly amazing!

Me? Not so good. Fortunately, my interpretation of God is VERY different than your interpretation.
    My God is much more loving, understanding and compassionate. The focus of the Message is for me not to go around worrying about the sins of others because guess what? I have enough work to do on my own path.
    Those I would consider the least? (In your case, gays would obviously fall in this category) I have been told that I should be careful not to make a fool of myself because many of them shall prove to be the greatest in the eyes of God.
    I have been taught not to judge others.
    I have been taught that the singel greatest form of the sin of arrogance, is to think I am worthy to judge whether another is loved by God.

Seems like you gotta different guy. Less loving. Less understanding. Sort of an elitist.

Pretty common interpretation so it's not like I can say mine is right and yours is wrong. Simply, I follow my path and you follow yours.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,953
    In other words, what God commands in the bible is just so much hooey right? I mean it doesn't REALLY mean you should do as he commands and you will still get everlasting life.

I sin, I am a man. EVERYONE sins. However not everyone practices sinning. The conscious decision to preform immoral sex acts is a sin, if one chooses to continue doing it over and over, one is not saved and one can not be forgiven until they stop practicing sin. That too is in the Bible.

I will just assume you don't believe the bible and as such do not believe in the God of the Christians.

10. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,953
    This thread is to enlighten those that claim to be Christians of what the Bible says and what God Commands. Don't bother responding if you do not believe in the Bible, are not Christian or simple don't care what God Commands.

This is after all the religion sub forum.