New Testament on the practice of Homosexuality

Matthew 1 | NET Bible Online

So much for the argument the New Testament is mute on the subject.

The passage is 1 Corinthians 6:9. The link takes me to that passage even though it says Matthew.

Religious texts mean fuck all when it comes to marriage laws.

it's the westboro baptist translation of the bible; i don't think it's gained wide acceptance

:eusa_whistle:

You are a LIAR. It is in EVERY Bible. And I am countering the argument put forth by some that there are no passages in the New testament about Homosexual conduct. Thus why it is in RELIGION. Last I checked we don't make our laws based on bible verses.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFkeKKszXTw]Betty Bowers Explains Traditional Marriage to Everyone Else - YouTube[/ame]

The passage is 1 Corinthians 6:9. The link takes me to that passage even though it says Matthew.

I think you've misinterpreted what many have pointed out. Both homosexuality and abortion were quite common in Christ' day. But Jesus Himself, never said a thing about either in any of the four canonized Gospels nor any of the other Gospels.

I think you've misinterpreted what many have pointed out. Both homosexuality and abortion were quite common in Christ' day. But Jesus Himself, never said a thing about either in any of the four canonized Gospels nor any of the other Gospels.

And yet in the New testament it clearly states that if a man lies down with another man that is a sin and will not be tolerated for acceptance to Paradise.

AND that is the argument that is made by the supposed Christians when they defend practicing Homosexuals. Once again for the slow, being a Homosexual does not prevent one from salvation. Living the lifestyle and preforming the immoral sex acts does. Just as practicing adulterers are denied entry.

And yet in the New testament it clearly states that if a man lies down with another man that is a sin and will not be tolerated for acceptance to Paradise.

AND that is the argument that is made by the supposed Christians when they defend practicing Homosexuals. Once again for the slow, being a Homosexual does not prevent one from salvation. Living the lifestyle and preforming the immoral sex acts does. Just as practicing adulterers are denied entry.

Well it's certainly interesting to meet someone who never sins repeatedly. No pride, no judgment of others, never has bad thoughts. You are certainly amazing!

Me? Not so good. Fortunately, my interpretation of God is VERY different than your interpretation.
My God is much more loving, understanding and compassionate. The focus of the Message is for me not to go around worrying about the sins of others because guess what? I have enough work to do on my own path.
Those I would consider the least? (In your case, gays would obviously fall in this category) I have been told that I should be careful not to make a fool of myself because many of them shall prove to be the greatest in the eyes of God.
I have been taught not to judge others.
I have been taught that the singel greatest form of the sin of arrogance, is to think I am worthy to judge whether another is loved by God.

Seems like you gotta different guy. Less loving. Less understanding. Sort of an elitist.

Pretty common interpretation so it's not like I can say mine is right and yours is wrong. Simply, I follow my path and you follow yours.

Well it's certainly interesting to meet someone who never sins repeatedly. No pride, no judgment of others, never has bad thoughts. You are certainly amazing!

Me? Not so good. Fortunately, my interpretation of God is VERY different than your interpretation.
My God is much more loving, understanding and compassionate. The focus of the Message is for me not to go around worrying about the sins of others because guess what? I have enough work to do on my own path.
Those I would consider the least? (In your case, gays would obviously fall in this category) I have been told that I should be careful not to make a fool of myself because many of them shall prove to be the greatest in the eyes of God.
I have been taught that the singel greatest form of the sin of arrogance, is to think I am worthy to judge whether another is loved by God.

Seems like you gotta different guy. Less loving. Less understanding. Sort of an elitist.

Pretty common interpretation so it's not like I can say mine is right and yours is wrong. Simply, I follow my path and you follow yours.

In other words, what God commands in the bible is just so much hooey right? I mean it doesn't REALLY mean you should do as he commands and you will still get everlasting life.

I sin, I am a man. EVERYONE sins. However not everyone practices sinning. The conscious decision to preform immoral sex acts is a sin, if one chooses to continue doing it over and over, one is not saved and one can not be forgiven until they stop practicing sin. That too is in the Bible.

I will just assume you don't believe the bible and as such do not believe in the God of the Christians.

This thread is to enlighten those that claim to be Christians of what the Bible says and what God Commands. Don't bother responding if you do not believe in the Bible, are not Christian or simple don't care what God Commands.

This is after all the religion sub forum.

In other words, what God commands in the bible is just so much hooey right? I mean it doesn't REALLY mean you should do as he commands and you will still get everlasting life.

I sin, I am a man. EVERYONE sins. However not everyone practices sinning. The conscious decision to preform immoral sex acts is a sin, if one chooses to continue doing it over and over, one is not saved and one can not be forgiven until they stop practicing sin. That too is in the Bible.

I will just assume you don't believe the bible and as such do not believe in the God of the Christians.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what the Pharisees who crucified Christ did. Congratulations. There have been many like you throughout history. Those who claim they have the "exclusive" on God and can therefore, sit in judgement of others, is not something new. The Dark Ages, The Spanish Inquisition and so on. Just like you.
So. Are you divorced? Remarried? According to your own words, you are danmed to hell. Or at least anyone and everyone who has ever found themsleves in a bad marriage and than remarried is.
Do you hate your mother and father? If not, guess what? You can't pick up your cross and follow Christ! And those are not the words of some clueless apostle, those came from the big JC Himself. Oops.
Please don't tell me you eat pork, lobster or shrimp!

But I get it. You like sitting in judgment of others and their faith. Oops. Yeah that. Also a no no.

Enjoy your self-righteousness. Oh wait. That one is specifically bad juju isn't it? Shet!

Well you're just screwed, aren't you! It's okay. There is a bigger, more loving God who won't hold it against you.

I will just assume you don't believe the bible and as such do not believe in the God of the Christians.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what the Pharisees who crucified Christ did. Congratulations. There have been many like you throughout history. Those who claim they have the "exclusive" on God and can therefore, sit in judgement of others, is not something new. The Dark Ages, The Spanish Inquisition and so on. Just like you.
So. Are you divorced? Remarried? According to your own words, you are danmed to hell. Or at least anyone and everyone who has ever found themsleves in a bad marriage and than remarried is.
Do you hate your mother and father? If not, guess what? You can't pick up your cross and follow Christ! And those are not the words of some clueless apostle, those came from the big JC Himself. Oops.

But I get it. You like sitting in judgment of others and their faith. Oops. Yeah that. Also a no no.

Enjoy your self-righteousness. Oh wait. That one is specifically bad juju isn't it? Shet!

Well you're just screwed, aren't you! It's okay. There is a bigger, more loving God who won't hold it against you.

Like I said if you consciously chose to NOT belief the Bible, go away. This conversation is to inform those that MAY care what God Commanded IN THE NEW TESTAMENT. You remember the books that deal with Jesus and the commandments from God and Jesus to how one can be saved.

As for judgement, I don't judge anyone. I simply inform , another commandment from God and Jesus. to educate people on his words commandments and history. The whole purpose of the Bible is to educate.

There is NOTHING unclear in the passage I cited. No wiggle room at all.

And one more time for the slow and stupid, this is to inform those that claim to be Christian that have in the past claimed the New Testament was silent on homosexuality. It does in fact address it.

Been married to one woman since Aug 1983. And if it were any of your business I happened to love my parents. I have committed sins though. Like I said everyone does.

The trick is not to continue to commit the same sin or sins over and over.

Like I said if you consciously chose to NOT belief the Bible, go away. This conversation is to inform those that MAY care what God Commanded IN THE NEW TESTAMENT. You remember the books that deal with Jesus and the commandments from God and Jesus to how one can be saved.

As for judgement, I don't judge anyone. I simply inform , another commandment from God and Jesus. to educate people on his words commandments and history. The whole purpose of the Bible is to educate.

There is NOTHING unclear in the passage I cited. No wiggle room at all.

And one more time for the slow and stupid, this is to inform those that claim to be Christian that have in the past claimed the New Testament was silent on homosexuality. It does in fact address it.

And there is nothing unclear in this:
"He who does not hate his mother and father, yeah his brother and sister, cannot pick up his cross and follow me."

Very clear, wouldn't you say. But those who are more concerned with lending their self-righteous judmentalism, than a message of love, are ignorant fools chasing a message of hatred.
You are no different than Muslims who pick and choose scripture of the Qu'Ran to justify their hatred of those with differing beliefs.

The reason that we are warned not to judge others is because we will be judged to the same degree/extent we judge others. Don't want judged, then don't exact it on some one else, and you are safe from getting what you deserve. For instance, Paul was a killer. After his confrontation with Christ and his increase in knowledge of Christ he said he was afraid to even judge himself for fear it would come back to bite him in the ass.

That doesn't mean you can't promote the moral fiber of the Word, even if it exposes sin in others. If the shoe fits........
Hate the sin, love the sinner, is different than judging the sinner. And Biblical truths cannot be contorted to include what is fashionable for the times. If God didn't accept homosexuality in Sodom, he's not going to accept it from America, no matter what degree of acceptability WE give it.

If the God of the Bible is where you get your message, then reread the Bible. That loving, compassionate, understanding God (and He is) is also the God, that wiped out armies of men. Dropped Abraham's own children like flies for wanting to attack Moses, and drowned every blood line on earth but one.

If you lust after strange flesh and refuse to act on that lust, then you are sacrificing your will for the will of God. You are golden. If you act on your flesh and it is in violation of God's word, your sin will find you out. (And it won't be in Heaven). That is why we are told to put the flesh to death daily, regardless of what it's poison is.

There are no better or worse sins. Having sex with strange flesh and stealing a loaf of bread have the same consequence. Separation from God. If you repent and then steal another loaf, then God knows your repentance was not sincere.

On marriage, Christ said it would be better if you didn't not remarry after being widowed, but understandable as man was not meant to live alone. That divorce is legit in some cases, but remarriage after divorce is putting asunder what God has joined together. In God's eyes you are committing adultery.

On homosexuality, it is mentioned enough in the Bible to recognize that God considers it a sin. But there is reference to it in Jude that lends credence to the fact that it will definitely keep you from redemption. Jude reminded Christians who the Lord raised with him, and specifically who he did not, and the first 2 on the list of nots, were the fallen angels, and those given over to fornication and going after strange flesh, and said they were set forth as an example, and chained under darkness until the White throne judgment. Jude 1:6-7

Last edited:

The reason that we are warned not to judge others is because we will be judged to the same degree/extent we judge others. Don't want judged, then don't exact it on some one else, and you are safe from getting what you deserve. For instance, Paul was a killer. After his confrontation with Christ and his increase in knowledge of Christ he said he was afraid to even judge himself for fear it would come back to bite him in the ass.

That doesn't mean you can't promote the moral fiber of the Word, even if it exposes sin in others. If the shoe fits........
Hate the sin, love the sinner, is different than judging the sinner. And Biblical truths cannot be contorted to include what is fashionable for the times. If God didn't accept homosexuality in Sodom, he's not going to accept it from America, no matter what degree of acceptability WE give it.

If the God of the Bible is where you get your message, then reread the Bible. That loving, compassionate, understanding God (and He is) is also the God, that wiped out armies of men. Dropped Abraham's own children like flies for wanting to attack Moses, and drowned every blood line on earth but one.

If you lust after strange flesh and refuse to act on that lust, then you are sacrificing your will for the will of God. You are golden. If you act on your flesh and it is in violation of God's word, your sin will find you out. (And it won't be in Heaven). That is why we are told to put the flesh to death daily, regardless of what it's poison is.

There are no better or worse sins. Having sex with strange flesh and stealing a loaf of bread have the same consequence. Separation from God. If you repent and then steal another loaf, then God knows your repentance was not sincere.

On marriage, Christ said it would be better if you didn't not remarry after being widowed, but understandable as man was not meant to live alone. That divorce is legit in some cases, but remarriage after divorce is putting asunder what God has joined together. In God's eyes you are committing adultery.
On homosexuality, it is mentioned enough in the Bible to recognize that God considers it a sin. But there is reference to it in Jude that lends credence to the fact that it will definitely keep you from redemption. Jude reminded Christians who the Lord raised with him, and specifically who he did not, and the first 2 on the list of nots, were the fallen angels, and those given over to fornication and going after strange flesh, and said they were set forth as an example, and chained under darkness until the White throne judgment. Jude 1:6-7

The two things in bold above are worth addressing. Everyone "sins" every day or at least every week. Oops. Oh well, who I am to cast a stone?

So then according to the Bible, anyone who has been divorced and then remarried is intentionally living in repeated sin by choice, every day of their life and therefore, not Okay Dokey with your interpretation of God. Bummer. Christians (especially in the South) have among the highest divorce / remarry rate in the country. Oh well, guess they're all going to hades.
You have your interpretation fo the Bible. Like the Sgt, you pick and choose what you want to take literally, what you want to interpret and how you want to interpret it. That's fine. It's not for me to judge your interpretation. But the two of you do seem inclined to judge any interpretation wich differes from your own.
You might consider just focusing on your own path. Someone really cool said that's the way to go!

Just because they were common doesn't mean they were right. Jesus spoke of sexuall immorality which homosexuality is. The argument that Jesus didn't specifically mention homosexuality is lame.

Where is the New Testament link on slavery?

Since we give it so much credence in establishing how we treat our citizens

Where is the New Testament link on slavery?

Since we give it so much credence in establishing how we treat our citizens

"Slaves obey your masters" Ephesians 6:5.

Again, much of what was written in the Bible applies specifically to the context of the time. Regardless of what they claim, all Christians pick and choose what they take literally and what they interpret and how.
The more self-righteous like to think their interpretations are better than those of others.

The two things in bold above are worth addressing. Everyone "sins" every day or at least every week. Oops. Oh well, who I am to cast a stone?

So then according to the Bible, anyone who has been divorced and then remarried is intentionally living in repeated sin by choice, every day of their life and therefore, not Okay Dokey with your interpretation of God. Bummer. Christians (especially in the South) have among the highest divorce / remarry rate in the country. Oh well, guess they're all going to hades.
You have your interpretation fo the Bible. Like the Sgt, you pick and choose what you want to take literally, what you want to interpret and how you want to interpret it. That's fine. It's not for me to judge your interpretation. But the two of you do seem inclined to judge any interpretation wich differes from your own.
You might consider just focusing on your own path. Someone really cool said that's the way to go!

Understanding the nature of sin has nothing to do with judging someone who commits one.
On judgment my view is this:
Jesus came to save sinners, of whom I am chief.

If you don't understand the nature of sin, how do you expect to avoid it?
Sin is an equal opportunity killer. Even the smallest one can keep you out of Heaven if you don't put you faith in Christ. Having said that, the Bible tells us that our individual sins are dealt with on an individual basis.
So as not to be accused of interpreting the Bible which I am admonished not to add to or take away from, I'll include the chapter and verse that I am referring to, ok?
The OT dealt with sins with different sacrifices. Leviticus 1: 1----

God takes into consideration, what our motive was for committing the sin. Some of us sin and don't even know we have done it. Others may commit the same sin, but deliberately. The two will be judged differently.
Numbers 15:24 vs. Numbers 15: 30.
Luke 12:47 vs. Luke 12:48

On divorce, you mistake what Christ said for what you think I think Christ said.
Mt 5:31
Mt. 19:9
Mk. 10:11-12
Lk. 16:18
Romans 7:1-3
1 Cor. 7

God's, not my, opinion on homosexuality:
Lev. 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is abomination.
And:
Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, AND the cities around them in like manner,(God took out 5 cities, not 2, with a meteor, and to prove it wasn't a fluke of nature, left the sixth city intact.) giving themselves over to fornication and going after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
^ Jude verse 7.

My opinion, which has nothing to do with interpretation, is I could care less who sleeps with whom, but I don't make the rules, nor do I question the one who does. Cause I already know His answer, "And where were you when I was creating the universe?"

Someone really cool said that my path as well as yours is a co-mission with Christ to save souls. It's a hard job. :eek:
How you doin?

Forum List

Back