New Testament Contradictions

All religions are pretty much the same to me. The inherent message of all is... do good and you'll be rewarded... do bad and you'll be punished. It gets a little muddy with the varying interpretation of "good" and "bad". Not to offend any but, to me, the bible, as are all other compilations of religious dogma, are works of historical fiction. But, if you take any of them literally, they do make belief in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny more plausible. ... JMHO

If you had actually read the bible, you would read that our good deeds do not get us into heaven. Kind of blows your theory on the message.
After you wrote "not to offend any", you did just that. If you are not a believer then fine. Why is it that non-believers feel the need to insult and belittle believers. Do you get some sense of joy in putting down other's beliefs. If I am not a believer, I would spend none of my time on the issue.

Hi PLT and JB:

Terral:

First let me express my appreciation for the time and effort undertaken by you to instruct me in the error of my ways. It speaks volumes of your tenacity when it comes to your bible (and I say "your bible" as translations and interpretations are legion.) However, I think perhaps you assume far too much about me... i.e., you've judged me, personally and spiritually. For that, I have no appreciation.

No sir. PLT is the guy coming out to this fine USMB Board with the claim that “All religions are pretty much the same to me,” which says much more about PLT than religions or anyone here . . .

Assuming eternal salvation and the premise that only a few will be "saved", I wish us both good luck for you've no way of knowing if it will be me or you, me and you, neither me nor you.

Surely you jest! My knowledge of God’s Hidden Wisdom (1Cor. 2:6-8 = my thread) is like all of the oceans of this world combined, while that of my debating adversaries all joined together is like a single cup of water. Things are NOT nearly as they appear ‘and’ I have a serious advantage in all of these Bible deliberations.

The folly of my life is that I direct my efforts toward doing the right thing because it's the right thing to do... and I do so without the expectation of reward in another life which may or may not exist.

No sir. PLT could not write two paragraphs of ‘rightly divided’ (2Tim. 2:15) Bible commentary to save his own soul, which means these readers are reduced to reading stereotypical nonsense from your direction about how all religions are the same to you. Let us examine the substance of Peter’s prophecy, saying,

"Moses said, 'The Lord God (Christ) will raise up for you (see Jer. 30:7-9) a prophet like me ‘from your brethren;’ to him you shall give heed to everything he says to you. And it will be that every soul that does not heed that prophet shall be utterly destroyed from among the people.' Acts 3:22-23.
The Lord God announces the coming of this ‘prophet’ in the final two verses of the OT (Mal. 4:5-6) and again as our Lord Jesus Christ in Matthew 17:10-11 as “Elijah” (Matt. 11:13-14) coming to restore ‘all things’ (compare to Acts 3:21). This ‘prophet’ is the ‘son of man’ in that he is the heavens, heaven and earth (diagram*) in one ‘man sent from God’ (John 1:6) like Jesus Christ is the “Son of Man” representing the Father, Son and Holy Spirit* containing this universe (like this). The ‘tabernacle’ to be restored and rebuilt is the ‘Tabernacle OF DAVID’ (Acts 15:16-18), which Ezekiel testifies about in Eze. 34:23-25, while Jesus Christ is seated in the “True Tabernacle” (Heb. 8:1-2) very much ‘in heaven’ at the same time. Jesus Christ is the “Man of Heaven” AND John the Baptist and Elijah and David and Abraham are all ‘skins’ (diagram) for your father Adam the “Man of the Earth” (my thread). In the same way, Noah, Moses (from above) and Sarah (Abraham’s wife) and Bathsheba (David’s wife) are all ‘skins’ (Gen. 3:21) for your mother Eve. However, the coming “prophet” (Acts 3:22-23 again) is none other than your father Adam ‘and’ your mother Eve joined back together into “ONE” host representing this entire universe (Fig 2 = seen and unseen realms) in one “man sent from God.” Now suppose for one minute that this ‘prophet’ appears to begin the process of restoring ‘all things’ and PLT shows up to scoff and mock with insults ‘and’ heed NOTHING he says to you. None of you have considered that an angel (spirit witness) and a man (male + female) equals an immortal soul, or that the coming prophet holds ‘your’ angel greater half in the palm of his hand, so all that remains after the scoffing and mocking is the perishing (Acts 13:41) . . .

Refer to Matthew 6:34 or Bobby McFerrin... your choice, as the message is the same... "Don't worry, be happy."

In other words, PLT’s message is that all religions are the same, do not worry, but be happy . . . Wonderful . . . Any contradictions that you see in God’s Living Word are put there by the bogus interpretations of men, because God’s Word cannot be broken (John 10:35).

O noticed Terral never responded top any of my challenges across several threads. He seems to disappear when questioned

Challenges? :0) Where are the links to your challenges? Please try again when JB has more than two lines of BS to offer . . .

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
My knowledge of God’s Hidden Wisdom (1Cor. 2:6-8 = my thread) is like all of the oceans of this world combined, while that of my debating adversaries all joined together is like a single cup of water. Things are NOT nearly as they appear ‘and’ I have a serious advantage in all of these Bible deliberations.

:rofl:

Is that right, Terry? Well, I do owe you a certain response; I'll grant you that. But my preliminary analysis revealed that it was rather empty.

If you had actually read the bible, you would read that our good deeds do not get us into heaven. Kind of blows your theory on the message.
After you wrote "not to offend any", you did just that. If you are not a believer then fine. Why is it that non-believers feel the need to insult and belittle believers. Do you get some sense of joy in putting down other's beliefs. If I am not a believer, I would spend none of my time on the issue.

You are incorrect in assuming I've not read the Bible. I have, in fact, read and studied a number of versions of the bible and have 18 hours in theology, focused on Christianity and the New Testament. That by no means makes me a biblical scholar. In Matthew 5 and 6 alone, the subject of good works is contradicted... 1) that goods works should be seen so as to be an example to men, 2) that they should be done in secret. Be that as it may, I stand by my understanding that the entire concept of Christianity is based on reward and punishment... thus heaven and hell. Perhaps I could have stated the premise more clearly.

This is a discussion forum and I stated my opinion... indeed indicated that it was JMHO... just my humble opinion. If you were insulted or belittled, such was not my intent. As a "believer", it seems to me you would be inclined to pray for my enlightenment and salvation.

I'm sorry if I unintentionally insulted you.

Surely you jest! My knowledge of God’s Hidden Wisdom (1Cor. 2:6-8 = my thread) is like all of the oceans of this world combined

'The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.'
-William Shakespeare

You claim gnosticism, byt retreat to the shadows when you are challenged- most quickly when challenged with scripture.

while that of my debating adversaries all joined together is like a single cup of water.

So, you take us for fools?

'Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise.'
-- Cato the Elder

Your hubris blinds you and your proud heart shall be like stone that causes you to drown.
Things are NOT nearly as they appear ‘and’ I have a serious advantage in all of these Bible deliberations.
Are you ever going to learn how to use quotations properly?

Be wary of false prophets and those who claim to know much of God's creation. The wise man knows that his knowledge is nothing beside all he does not know and trembles at the thought of god's greatness. The servant of God knows that he has no knowledge and no wisdom that was not imparted upon him by the LORD

Hi JB:

Surely you jest! My knowledge of God’s Hidden Wisdom (1Cor. 2:6-8 = my thread) is like all of the oceans of this world combined

-William Shakespeare

What happened to those challenges you were boasting about in Post #260? :0) Let us set the record straight right here: JB started this thread by cutting and pasting a selection of seeming Bible Contradictions in the OP (link), which I answered in Post #154 (here). JB’s attempt to write defending arguments appears in Post #156 using no Scriptural support or anything but his silly chit-chat stupidity, which I answered line-by-line in Post #157. This cartoon character attacks ‘me’ with ridiculous statements about who is ‘clearly delusional’ (heh), because he has no idea about how to interpret ‘the truth’ of God’s Living Word for Israel of the flesh (OT), Messianic Kingdom Jews (Kingdom NT), or the members of Christ’s Body (Pauline Epistles = diagram) in the world today.

JB is totally ignorant about God, His Living Word (Christ and Scripture) and represents an extremely POOR candidate for debating these Bible Topics in ANY real Debate (1Cor. 1:20). BTW, Agnapostate tried the same kind of ‘challenge’ BS on my China thread (here) and he has yet to offer any defense to my rebuttal against his BS (here) if anybody is keeping score. However, at least Agnapostate had the courage to send me a link before crawling back under that rock with his tail tucked neatly between his legs. Here is the challenge for JB and everyone here: Your mission (should you decide to accept) is to click on any of my Bible Topics to ‘quote >>’ anything that appears off to begin exposing my nakedness using Scripture. 2Tim. 2:15.

1. Two Gospels of the NT
2. Two Churches of the NT
3. The Big Bang Theory Of Creation Is A MYTH
4. The Differences Between “God” And “My Father Who Is IN HEAVEN”
5. The Trinity Conspiracy
6. The Mystery Of God’s Hidden Wisdom
7. Christ Is The Man Of Heaven ‘And’ Adam Is The “Man Of The Earth”

Now JB ‘can’ quote from ‘my work’ to point out errors in my interpretations of God’s Living Word ‘or’ he simply cannot! Period! I am telling you all with 100 percent certainty that this guy has no clue, one way or the other, as to what he is even talking about.

You claim gnosticism, byt retreat to the shadows when you are challenged- most quickly when challenged with scripture.

What challenge?????????? :0) Paul uses the term "musterion" (mystery = Vine's definition) 20 times to describe 'these things' (2Peter 3:14-16) part of "God's Hidden Wisdom" (1Cor. 2:6-8), as even 'our gospel' is veiled to those who are PERISHING (2Cor. 4:3-4).

Once again we see a fine example of JB’s mouth moving :)eusa_dance:), but he is not saying anything :)confused:) . . .

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
"Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night."

ok, so god spoke english? So god's the inventor of english? And if he "called" it, who was he talking to? Other gods? himself? the person who wrote the bible? Jesus? Santa Claus?

"Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night."

ok, so god spoke english? So god's the inventor of english? And if he "called" it, who was he talking to? Other gods? himself? the person who wrote the bible? Jesus? Santa Claus?

oh---that would be the OLD testament. Pay attention.

It's because your questions are stupid and for trolling purposes only. They don't deserve answers.

No, it's not a trollin question THIS TIME! lol

Seriously though, if god said "let there be light" who was he talking to? In English? And who was taking notes for it to appear in the bible?

Can no one answer these questions? You all stumped?

Hi JB and Agnapostate:

Hi JB:

-William Shakespeare

What happened to those challenges you were boasting about in Post #260? :0) Let us set the record straight right here: JB started this thread by cutting and pasting a selection of seeming Bible Contradictions in the OP (link), which I answered in Post #154 (here). JB’s attempt to write defending arguments appears in Post #156 using no Scriptural support or anything but his silly chit-chat stupidity, which I answered line-by-line in Post #157. This cartoon character attacks ‘me’ with ridiculous statements about who is ‘clearly delusional’ (heh), because he has no idea about how to interpret ‘the truth’ of God’s Living Word for Israel of the flesh (OT), Messianic Kingdom Jews (Kingdom NT), or the members of Christ’s Body (Pauline Epistles = diagram) in the world today.

JB is totally ignorant about God, His Living Word (Christ and Scripture) and represents an extremely POOR candidate for debating these Bible Topics in ANY real Debate (1Cor. 1:20). BTW, Agnapostate tried the same kind of ‘challenge’ BS on my China thread (here) and he has yet to offer any defense to my rebuttal against his BS (here) if anybody is keeping score. However, at least Agnapostate had the courage to send me a link before crawling back under that rock with his tail tucked neatly between his legs. Here is the challenge for JB and everyone here: Your mission (should you decide to accept) is to click on any of my Bible Topics to ‘quote >>’ anything that appears off to begin exposing my nakedness using Scripture. 2Tim. 2:15.

1. Two Gospels of the NT

Now JB ‘can’ quote from ‘my work’ to point out errors in my interpretations of God’s Living Word ‘or’ he simply cannot! Period! I am telling you all with 100 percent certainty that this guy has no clue, one way or the other, as to what he is even talking about.

What challenge?????????? :0) Paul uses the term "musterion" (mystery = Vine's definition) 20 times to describe 'these things' (2Peter 3:14-16) part of "God's Hidden Wisdom" (1Cor. 2:6-8), as even 'our gospel' is veiled to those who are PERISHING (2Cor. 4:3-4).

Once again we see a fine example of JB’s mouth moving :)eusa_dance:), but he is not saying anything :)confused:) . . .

GL,

Terral

Once again we have fine examples of registered USMB members running their mouths (and boasting) without one clue as to what they are even talking about. Let's review:

1. JB started this "New Testament Contradictions" Topic by cutting and pasting seeming contradictions to the OP of this thread.

2. I presented the answers to many of his seeming contradictions in Post #154 for which JB has no reply; unless you want to count his feeble offering in Post #156 that has no support for anything.

3. I answered that nonsense in Post #157, but JB was reduced to boasting about 'challenges,' saying,

4. Now JB has placed his foot deeply into his own mouth (like Agnapostate did here = my rebuttal is here) and has chosen to retreat to the shadows in hopes that nobody will notice his complete ignorance about anything to do with these Bible Topics. Wonderful . . .

5. Therefore, I offered up a challenge to JB, Agnapostate and everyone here in Post #267 above (quoted in this reply) . . .

1. Two Gospels of the NT

. . . and these cartoon characters head for the hills without even bumping a single thread.

6. Here we have seven OP papers with seven thesis statements, matching claims and conclusions supported by a ton of Scriptural evidence for which these guys only need to point out a single error supported by whatever they consider to be 'credible evidence.'

7. I say there are 'two' distinct and spearate 'gospel messages' in the New Testament where one is of 'water' (Gospel of the Kingdom) and the second is of 'blood' (Gospel of the Grace of God), because Jesus Christ came in BOTH (1John 5:6).

Are we to believe that JB and his athletic supporters hold to a 'one gospel' intepretation of the New Testament? If so, then where can we locate 'his' OP presentation; so that I can begin drafting 'my' rebuttals to his false dogma???? :0)

8. I make the same 'Two Churches' case (link #2 above) and a "Big Bang Theory Of Creation Is A MYTH" case (link #3) and even point out the differences between 'God' AND "My Father who is IN HEAVEN" (link #4), but where is JB's rebuttal to my interpretations???? Oh, he headed for the hills already . . .

Here is the deal (again) for those keeping score:

I have 1000 times the knowledge of God's Living Word (pic) than all of my debating opponents combined 'and' that is a VAST understatement. I have about 1500 posts at ChristianForums.com (debates with Dispy/Christians) like this OP paper on the Differences Between Jesus Christ AND Christ Jesus (link); and more than 4000 posts on the ZolaBoard (debates with Jews) that includes my work on God's Numberology (link) and 'The Mystery' (link).

If anybody can point out a single error in any of my posts, then please "quote >>" that part and show everyone here my nakedness using Scripture. 2Tim. 2:15. This side of the debate is not holding his breath . . .

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
The new testament was popular because bumwad was scarce in those days and the pages were nice and soft, like charmin.

if the jews were bad, the xtians are little smarter

Who approached Jesus? (Matthew 8:5-7) The Centurion approached Jesus, beseeching help for a sick servant. (Luke 7:3 & 7:6-7) The Centurion did not approach Jesus. He sent friends and elders of the Jews.

Paul’s attendants heard the miraculous voice and stood speechless. Acts 9:7 Paul’s attendants did not hear the voice and were prostrate. Acts 22:9 & 26:14

Was she dead or just dying? (Matthew 9:18) He asked for help, saying his daughter was already dead. (Luke 8:41-42) Jairus approached Jesus for help, because his daughter was dying.

When did the fig tree hear of its doom? (Matthew 21:17-19) Jesus cursed the fig tree after purging the temple. (Mark 11:14-15 & 20) He cursed it before the purging.

Matthew 2:15, 19 & 21-23 The infant Christ was taken into Egypt. Luke 2:22 & 39 The infant Christ was NOT taken to Egypt.

Matthew 5:1-2 Christ preached his first sermon on the mount. Luke 6:17 & 20 Christ preached his first sermon in the plain.

Where did the devil take Jesus first? (Matthew 4:5-8) The Devil took Jesus first to the parapet of the temple, then to a high place to view all the Kingdoms of the world. (Luke 4:5-9) The Devil took Jesus first to a high place to view the kingdoms, then to the parapet of the temple.

Has anyone ascended up to heaven? Elijah went up to heaven: "And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven." 2 Kings 2:11 "No man hath ascended up to heaven but he that came down from heaven, even the son of man." John 3:13

How many angels were within the sepulcher? John 20:11-12 two, Mark 16:5 one. Just incase that they are not mutually exclusive then say that in Mark 16:6 it shows that one person was talking but in John 20:13 it shows two people talking. Now that is mutually exclusive.

Where did Jesus first appear to the eleven disciples? In a room in Jerusalem. Luke 24:32-37 On a mountain in Galilee. Matthew 28:15-17

Where did Christ ascend from? From Mount Olives. Acts 1:9-12 From Bethany. Luke 24:50-51

The Elijah mystery: (Malachi 4:5) Elijah must return before the final days of the world. (Matthew 11:12-14) Jesus said that John the Baptist was Elijah. (Matthew 17:12- 13) Jesus insists that Elijah has already come, and everyone understood him to mean John the Baptist. (Mark 9:13) Jesus insists that Elijah has already come. (John 1:21) John the Baptist maintained that he was not Elijah.

Jesus took Peter, James and John up the mountain six days (Matthew 17:1) or eight days (Luke 9:7) after he told them that they will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.

Matthew 4:18-20 shows that Jesus talked to Peter and Andrew together and they both followed him together but John 1:40-42, shows Andrew followed Jesus first and then he went and informed Peter.

Are we saved by works as well as faith? Ephesians 2:8-9 says no and James 2:24 says yes.

James 1:13 says God tempts no man but Genesis 22:1 says that God tempted Abraham.

According to Mark, chapter 8, verse 12, Jesus says: "In truth, no sign shall be given (by me) to this generation (which refers to the generation of Jews who rejected his claims)." John chapter 12 verse 37 (cf. Acts chapter 2 verse 22) says, in evident contradiction, that Jesus gave "many signs" to this same disbelieving generation of Jews.

Mark, chapter 6, verse 5 says that Jesus "could do no miracle" on at least one occasion. The word is could (not would) which means it was not possible for Jesus to perform a miracle at that time. But Mark, chapter 10, verse 27 says just the opposite, that "with God all things are possible." Hence, Jesus is eliminated as a god.

In John, chapter 5, verse 31, Jesus supposedly says: "If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true." But a little later he reportedly exclaims: "Even if I bear witness of myself, yet my witness is true (John 8:14)." Furthermore, to make matters even more confused and conflicted, this passage was added to the Christian Bible in the sixth century. It is first found in a paper called "Liber Appologeticus" in the fourth century. It is noted that the words are sixth century additions to the original text. The footnote in the Jerusalem Bible, a Catholic translation, says these words are "not in any of the early Greek manuscripts or in the earliest manuscripts of the Vulgate itself." It is interesting that the Catholic church, who originally added this verse would admit now that it a spurious addition to the Greek Testament!

It is supposedly the Last Supper. John, chapter 13, verse 36 has Peter ask Jesus: "Where are you going?" Then John, chapter 14, verse 5 has Thomas say to him: "We know not where you are going." But John, chapter 16, verse 5, has Jesus reply: "None of you are asking me where I'm going!"

In John, chapter 7, verse 38, Jesus reportedly says: "Scripture said: 'From his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water'." There is no such passage in the Hebrew Tanach or anything resembling it.

Matthew 2:23 says that: "He came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, he shall be called a Nazarene." There is no mention of this in the Ketuvim (the prophets). This narrated prophecy does not even exist! In the Old Testament (King James Version), the words "Nazareth" and "Nazarene" do not ever appear!

Jesus says that it was Zechariah, son of Berechiah, who was killed in the Temple courtyard (Matthew 23:35). Apparently Jesus didn't read the Bible very closely or he would have known it was another Zechariah, whose father was Jehoiada, who was killed there (II Chronicles 24:2-22).

Regarding Jesus' stepfather, was he Joseph son of Jacob son of Mattan son of Eliezer (Matthew 1:15-16) or Joseph son of Eli son of Mattat son of Levi (Luke 3:23-24)? And how can both sets of genealogical tables validly include Shealtiel and Zerubabbel (Matthew 1:12; Luke 3:27), given that both of these men are descendants of Jeconiah (1 Chronicles 3:16-19), of whom G-d has said: "No man of his seed shall prosper, sitting on the throne of David or ruling any more in Judah" (Jeremiah 22-30)?

Who's to judge the sinner? According to Jesus in John, chapter 5, verse 22: "For the Father judges no man but has committed all judgment to the Son" (meaning Jesus himself). But, then Jesus contradicts himself; "I judge no man" (John 8:15) and "I did not come to judge the world (John 12:47)." So who did? Listen to Jesus this time: "You (disciples) shall judge the twelve tribes of Israel" (Matthew 19:28). Unfortunately, this contradicts Jesus' original warning to them: "Not to judge, lest you be judged (Matthew 7:1)."

Paul says. "It is shameful for a man to wear his hair long" (I Corinthians 11:14) What of Samson?

"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called sons of God" (Matthew 5:8). Yet, Jesus asserted the contrary; that he "did not come to bring peace on earth, but a sword" in Matthew, chapter 10, verse 34.

John, chapter 14, verse 9 says: "he who has seen me (in reference to Jesus) has seen the Father." This would include his mother, disciples, and others. However, the Torah teacher that "He who has seen the face of G-d shall die (Exodus 33:20)." This Torah verse amounts to eternal damnation in fundamentalist Christian theology. (Note: Even in our times, thousands of Christians claim to have seen Jesus.). Also, isn't it said that moses looked upon god?

Acts 7:14 says that 75 souls went down to Egypt. Yet, Genesis 46:27 it says "threescore and ten" (70) went down to Egypt.

Continuing with Matthew 26, we find in verses 17 through 20 that the Last Supper was a Passover Seder. On the contrary, we find in John 19:14 that it was the preparation day for the Passover.

Hebrews, chapter 9, verse 22 says: "Without the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sin." But, the Bible, in Isaiah, chapter 43, verses 23 through 25 teaches just the opposite; "You (Israelites) have not honored me (G-d) with your (blood) sacrifices. (Nevertheless) I will forgive your sins." And Hosea, chapter 14, verse 2 says G-d accepts "words" of thanks (prayer in place of sacrifices).

Romans, chapter 10, verse 13: "For whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." But Matthew, chapter 7, verse 21 says "Not everybody who says to me (Jesus), Lord, Lord, shall enter the Kingdom." Thus, we learn that Jesus is not G-d or an emissary of G-d.

It is claimed in Ecclesians 1:4 that the earth does abideth forever. In II Peter 3:10, the opposite is stated.

The claim is made that Jesus "justified" the sinner (Romans 4:5; Romans 15:9). But, the Bible in Proverbs 17, verse 15 teaches that "He who justifies the sinner is an abomination to G-d."

According to Matthew, Jesus was born during the reign of Herod the Great (Matthew 2:1). According to Luke, Jesus was born during the first census in Israel, while Quirinius was governor of Syria (Luke 2:2). This is impossible because Herod died in March of 4 BC and the census took place in 6 and 7 AD, about 10 years after Herod's death.

Of all the writers of the New Testament, only Matthew and Luke mention the virgin birth. Had something as miraculous as the virgin birth actually occurred, one would expect that Mark and John would have at least mentioned it in their efforts to convince the world that Jesus was who they were claiming him to be.
The apostle Paul never mentions the virgin birth, even though it would have strengthened his arguments in several places. Instead, where Paul does refer to Jesus' birth, he says that Jesus "was born of the seed of David" (Romans 1:3) and was "born of a woman," not a virgin (Galatians 4:4).

Both Matthew and Luke say that Jesus was born in Bethlehem. Matthew quotes Micah 5:2 to show that this was in fulfillment of prophecy. Actually, Matthew misquotes Micah (compare Micah 5:2 to Matthew 2:6). Although this misquote is rather insignificant, Matthew's poor understanding of Hebrew will have great significance later in his gospel.
Luke has Mary and Joseph travelling from their home in Nazareth in Galilee to Bethlehem in Judea for the birth of Jesus (Luke 2:4). Matthew, in contradiction to Luke, says that it was only after the birth of Jesus that Mary and Joseph resided in Nazareth, and then only because they were afraid to return to Judea (Matthew 2:21-23).
In order to have Jesus born in Bethlehem, Luke says that everyone had to go to the city of their birth to register for the census. This is absurd, and would have caused a bureaucratic nightmare. The purpose of the Roman census was for taxation, and the Romans were interested in where the people lived and worked, not where they were born (which they could have found out by simply asking rather than causing thousands of people to travel).

Matthew says that Herod, in an attempt to kill the newborn Messiah, had all the male children two years old and under put to death in Bethlehem and its environs, and that this was in fulfillment of prophecy.
This is a pure invention on Matthew's part. Herod was guilty of many monstrous crimes, including the murder of several members of his own family. However, ancient historians such as Josephus, who delighted in listing Herod's crimes, do not mention what would have been Herod's greatest crime by far. It simply didn't happen.
The context of Jeremiah 31:15 makes it clear that the weeping is for the Israelites about to be taken into exile in Babylon, and has nothing to do with slaughtered children hundreds of years later.

John baptized for repentance (Matthew 3:11). Since Jesus was supposedly without sin, he had nothing to repent of

In Matthew, Mark and Luke the last supper takes place on the first day of the Passover (Matthew 26:17, Mark 14:12, Luke 22:7). In John's gospel it takes place a day earlier and Jesus is crucified on the first day of the Passover (John 19:14).

Just who IS the naked man?

According to Matthew 26:15, the chief priests "weighed out thirty pieces of silver" to give to Judas. There are two things wrong with this:

a. There were no "pieces of silver" used as currency in Jesus' time - they had gone out of circulation about 300 years before.

b. In Jesus' time, minted coins were used - currency was not "weighed out."

By using phrases that made sense in Zechariah's time but not in Jesus' time Matthew once again gives away the fact that he creates events in his gospel to match "prophecies" he finds in the Old Testament.

In Matthew 27:7 the chief priests buy the field.
b. In Acts 1:18 Judas buys the field.

to Matthew 27:51-53, at the moment Jesus died there was an earthquake that opened tombs and many people were raised from the dead. For some reason they stayed in their tombs until after Jesus was resurrected, at which time they went into Jerusalem and were seen by many people.
Here Matthew gets too dramatic for his own good. If many people came back to life and were seen by many people, it must have created quite a stir (even if the corpses were in pretty good shape!). Yet Matthew seems to be the only person aware of this happening - historians of that time certainly know nothing of it - neither do the other gospel writers.

a. According to Matthew 28:1, only "Mary Magdalene and the other Mary."

b. According to Mark 16:1, "Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome."

c. According to Luke 23:55, 24:1 and 24:10, "the women who had come with him out of Galilee." Among these women were "Mary Magdalene and Joanna and Mary the mother of James." Luke indicates in verse 24:10 that there were at least two others.

d. According to John 20:1-4, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb alone, saw the stone removed, ran to find Peter, and returned to the tomb with Peter and another disciple.

a. According to Matthew 28:2-4, an angel of the Lord with an appearance like lightning was sitting on the stone that had been rolled away. Also present were the guards that Pilate had contributed. On the way back from the tomb the women meet Jesus (Matthew 28:9).

b. According to Mark 16:5, a young man in a white robe was sitting inside the tomb.

c. According to Luke 24:4, two men in dazzling apparel. It is not clear if the men were inside the tomb or outside of it.

d. According to John 20:4-14, Mary and Peter and the other disciple initially find just an empty tomb. Peter and the other disciple enter the tomb and find only the wrappings. Then Peter and the other disciple leave and Mary looks in the tomb to find two angels in white. After a short conversation with the angels, Mary turns around to find Jesus.

a. According to Mark 16:8, "they said nothing to anyone."

b. According to Matthew 28:8, they "ran to report it to His disciples."

c. According to Luke 24:9, "they reported these things to the eleven and to all the rest."

d. According to John 20:18, Mary Magdalene announces to the disciples that she has seen the Lord.

According to Luke 24:51, Jesus' ascension took place in Bethany, on the same day as his resurrection.

According to Acts 1:9-12, Jesus' ascension took place at Mount Olivet, forty days after his resurrection.

According to Matthew 5:18, Jesus said that not the tiniest bit of the Law could be changed. However, in Mark 7:19 Jesus declares that all foods are clean, thereby drastically changing the Law.

After Jesus' triumphant entry into Jerusalem a sees a fig tree and wants some figs from it. He finds none on it so he curses the tree and it withers and dies (Matthew 21:18-20, Mark 11:12-14, 20-21).

1. Since this occurred in the early spring before Passover, it is ridiculous of Jesus to expect figs to be on the tree.

2. Matthew and Mark cannot agree on when the tree withered.

a. In Matthew, the tree withers at once and the disciples comment on this fact (Matthew 21:19-20).

b. In Mark, the tree is not found to be withered until at least the next day (Mark 11:20-21).

In Matthew 28:19 Jesus tells the eleven disciples to "go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit."

1. This is obviously a later addition to the gospel, for two reasons:

a. It took the church over two hundred years of fighting (sometimes bloody) over the doctrine of the trinity before this baptismal formula came into use. Had it been in the original gospel, there would have been no fighting.

b. In Acts, when people are baptized, they are baptized just in the name of Jesus (Acts 8:16, 10:48, 19:5). Peter says explicitly that they are to "Repent, and let each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins" (Acts 2:38).

2. This contradicts Jesus' earlier statement that his message was for the Jews only (Matthew 10:5-6, 15:24). The gospels, and especially Acts, have been edited to play this down, but the contradiction remains. It was the apostle Paul who, against the express wishes of Jesus, extended the gospel (Paul's version) to the gentiles.

Jude 14 contains a prophecy of Enoch. Thus, if the Book of Jude is the Word of God, then the writings of "Enoch" from which Jude quotes, are also the Word of God. The Book of Enoch was used in the early church until at least the third century - Clement, Irenaeus and Tertullian were familiar with it. However, as church doctrine began to solidify, the Book of Enoch became an embarrassment to the church and in a short period of time it became the Lost Book of Enoch. A complete manuscript of the Book of Enoch was discovered in Ethiopia in 1768. Since then, portions of at least eight separate copies have been found among the Dead Sea scrolls. It is easy to see why the church had to get rid of Enoch - not only does it contain fantastic imagery (some of which was borrowed by the Book of Revelation), but it also contradicts church doctrine on several points (and, since it is obviously the work of several writers, it also contradicts itself).

ey "stood speechless, hearing the voice..."

2. Acts 22:9 says they "did not hear the voice..."

3. Acts 26:14 says "when we had all fallen to the ground..."

Joseph, Mary, and Jesus flee to Egypt while Herod slaughters all males under 2 years old. Mt.2:13-16. (Note: Jesus' cousin, John, was also under 2 and survived without having to flee.)
Joseph, Mary, and Jesus did not flee to Egypt, but remained for temple rituals. No slaughter of infants is mentioned! Lk.2:21-39.

Satan tempted Jesus. Mt.4:1-10; Mk.1:13; Lk.4:1,2.
Satan had no interest in Jesus. Jn.14:30.

Jesus begins his ministry after John's arrest. Mk.1:13,14.
Jesus begins his ministry before John's arrest. Jn.3:22-24.

Non-believers obtain mercy. Rom.11:32.
Only believers obtain mercy. Jn.3:36; Rom.14:23.
Only baptized believers obtain mercy. Mk.16:16.
Mercy cannot be predetermined. Rom.9:18.

A demon cries out that Jesus is the Holy One of God. Mk.1:23,24.
Everyone who confesses that Jesus came in the flesh is of God. 1 Jn.4:2.

Jesus said to honor your father and mother. Mt.15:4; Mt.19:19; Mk.7:10; Mk.10:19; Lk.18:20.
Jesus said that he came to set people against their parents. Mt.10:35-37; Lk.12:51-53; Lk.14:26.
Jesus said to call no man father. Mt.23:9.

Jesus/God said, "You fool…". Lk.12:20; Mt.23:17.
Paul calls people fools. 1 Cor.15:36.
Call someone a fool and you go to he

Ask and it shall be given. Seek and you will find. Knock and it will be opened to you. Mt.7:7,8; Lk.11:9,10.
Ask and you shall be refused. Seek and you won't find. Knock and you will be refused entrance. Lk.13:24-27.

# Jesus is thankful that some things are hidden. Mt.11:25; Mk.4:11,12.
Jesus said that all things should be made known. Mk.4:22.

Repentance is necessary. Acts 3:19; Lu.3:3.
Repentance is not necessary. Rom.11:29.

All who call on the "Lord" will be saved. Rom.10:13; Acts 2:21.
Only those predestined will be saved. Acts 13:48; Eph.1:4,5; 2 Thes.2:13; Acts 2:47.

The righteous have eternal life. Mt.25:46.
The righteous are barely saved. 1 Pet.4:18.
There are no righteous. Rom.3:10.

Believe and be baptized to be saved. Mk.16:16.
Be baptized by water and the spirit to be saved. Jn.3:5.
Endure to the end to be saved. Mt.24:13.
Call on the name of the "Lord" to be saved. Acts 2:21; Rom.10:13.
Believe in Jesus to be saved. Acts 16:31.
Believe, then all your household will be saved. Acts 16:31.
Hope and you will be saved. Rom.8:24.
Believe in the resurrection to be saved. Rom.10:9.
By grace you are saved. Eph.2:5
By grace and faith you are saved. Eph.2:8.
Have the love of truth to be saved. 2 Thes.2:10.
Mercy saves. Titus 3:5.
:eek:

:cuckoo:

God leads you into temptation. Mt.6:13.
God tempts no one. Jms.1:13.

Jesus founds his church on Peter. Mt.16:18.
Jesus calls Peter "Satan" and a hindrance. Mt.16:23.

Jesus responds that this favor is not his to give. Mt.20:23; Mk.10:40.
Jesus said that all authority is given to him. Mt.28:18; Jn

Peter’s second denial was to another maid. Mt.26:71,72.
It was to the same maid. Mk.14:69,70.
It was to a man and not a maid. Lk.22:58.
It was to more than one person. Jn.18:25.

Jesus was crucified at the third hour. Mk.15:25.
Jesus was still before Pilate at the sixth hour. Jn.19:13,14.

Version 1: “Eli, Eli …My God, My God why have you forsaken me” Mt.27:46.
Version 2: “Eloi, Eloi…My God, My God why have you forsaken me” Mk.15:34.
Version 3: “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit”. Lk.23:46.
Version 4: “It is finished”. Jn.19:30.

Upon their arrival, the stone was still in place. Mt.28:1 2.
Upon their arrival, the stone had been removed. Mk.16:4; Lk.24:2; Jn.20:1.

# Both “thieves” mocked Jesus on the cross. Mt. 27:44; Mk.15:32.
One “thief” sided with Jesus on the cross. Lu.23:39-41.

# Nicodemus prepared the body with spices. Jn.19:39,40.
Failing to notice this, the women bought spices to prepare the body later. Mk. 16:1; Lu.23:55,56.
# The body was anointed. Jn.19:39,40.
The body was not anointed. Mk.15:46 to 16:1; Lk.23:55 to 24:1.

# Jesus ascended on the third day after the resurrection. Lk.24:21,50,51.
Jesus ascended the same day as the crucifixion. Lk.23:42 43.
Jesus ascended forty days after the resurrection. Acts 1:3,9.

# At the time of the ascension, there were about 120 brethren. Acts 1:15.
At the time of the ascension, there were about 500 brethren. 1 Cor.15:6.

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is an unforgivable sin. Mk.3:29.
All sins are forgivable. Acts 13:39; Col.2:13; 1 Jn.1:9.

Sometimes God is responsible for unbelief. 2 Thes.2:11,12.
Sometimes Jesus is responsible for unbelief. Mk.4:11,12.
The devil causes unbelief. Lk.8:12.

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer. 1 Jn.3:15.
If anyone claims to love God but hates his brother, he is a liar. 1 Jn.4:20.
No one can be a disciple of Jesus unless he hates his brother. Lk.14:26

Men can choose whether or not to believe. Jn.5:38-47.
Only God chooses who will believe. Jn.6:44.

God wants all men to be saved. 1 Tim.2:3,4; 2 Pet.3:9.
God does not want all men to be saved. Jn.12:40.

God hated Esau and loved Jacob even before they were born. Rom.9:10-13.
God shows no partiality and treats all alike. Acts 10:34; Rom.2:11.

He that does not believe is damned. Mk.16:16.
Thomas did not believe and was not damned. Jn.20:27-29.

Jesus is God. Jn.10:30.
Jesus is the “image” of God. 2 Cor.4:4.
Jesus was a man approved by God. Acts 2:22.

# Those present at Paul’s conversion heard a voice but saw nothing. Acts 9:7.
Those present at Paul’s conversion saw a light but heard nothing. Acts 22:9.

The holy spirit forbids preaching in Asia. Acts 16:6.
Paul preaches in Asia anyway. Acts 19:8-10

A shopping list of parroted nonsense that can be explained when intellectual honesty is applied to the actual text of the scriptures keeping the contextual integrity in place. For example the first SUPPOSED contradiction between Matthew and Luke's account of the centurion. A contradiction can only exist if it is proven that NO POSSIBILITY of truth in both accounts exists. If both accounts can be demonstrated to be TRUE, then no contradiction exists.

When read in Context the truth becomes apparently clear. Compare the two different accounts given by Two different authors. First consider Matthews account. Matthew addresses this short history of the birth, life, and death of Jesus to an audience that is primarily consisted of those coming from the Jewish faith. This is evidenced by the content and text of the his gospel account. His account begins with a genealogy of Jesus..which emphasizes Jesus' relationship with Jewish history and lineage to Abraham and David.

As one reads further into Matthew's account there are many references to the Old Law and Testament presented as a frequent phrase used by Matthew is "That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet"...thus Matthew continually focuses on Jewish heritage and tradition while proving that Jesus was the Messiah of Prophecy....he is attempting to prove this to a Jewish audience. As demonstrated he inserts Aramaic words into the Greek account, but he does not always translate...because he very well knows the audience this gospel is addressing are all to familiar with Hebrew tradition, for example the word "RACA" found in Matthew 5:22 goes untranslated. Thus it becomes apparent that Matthew is addressing his gospel account of Jesus to an audience to a people that are familiar with tradition and old customs.

Next consider the approach of Luke and his record of Jesus' life. Luke specifically address his gospel account to a man named "Theophilus" (Luke 1:3) as is also Luke's record of the Acts of the Apostles addressed to this person (Acts 1:1). Luke was a companion Paul....an apostle specifically commissioned to spread the gospel to the Gentile nations. And as evidenced Luke was a close companion of Paul and is also addressing his gospel to a GENTILE audience...who ARE NOT FAMILIAR with Jewish law, custom or tradition. Thus Luke gives a clear indication that he wishes to give an orderly or properly chronological order to the life of Jesus in the correct sequence of events as everything presented by Luke is addressed to people and EXPLAINED when necessary....the Jewish customs. He translates various Hebrew words...UNLIKE MATTHEW, he explains the customs and at times gives the Greek name to even Hebrew terms....to properly enlighten his target audience...the GENTILES.

With this in mind we can look at the Jewish custom of "Metonymy"; the practice of substituting by proxy. When a servant or messenger is greeted by someone they are treated exactly like they are dealing with that individual face to face, as the messenger is given the same respect. It then becomes clear why LUKE detailed the fact that intermediaries were used.....as his target audience was not familiar with the the Hebrew Custom of such, and Luke explained that it was a messenger while Matthew very well knew that his audience knew treating the messenger as the master of the house was the custom...it then becomes moot, as both accounts present the intended truth of the message. And that truth being that Jesus did not have to be present to heal the sick, as faith played a great deal in healing process.

The man...the centurion was a Roman, and knew that Jesus did not look favorably upon gentiles who were not under the LAW of Moses. Rather than approach Jesus directly with his request he asked the elders of Capernaum to bring that request for him. The elders were willing to do this because this man had done many favors for the Jews in the past, including helping with the financing of a synagogue. (Luke 7:5).

As evidenced by even Luke's account, when they came close to the house the Centurion sent men informing Jesus that he the centurion was not worthy to have Jesus actually come into his house, therefore I did not count my self worthy to come to you (Luke 7:6-7)....now compare what Matthew has detailed in his account about the same...while considering the messengers as the actual representative of the centurion, "And Jesus said unto him, I will come and heal him" ...the sick servant (Matthew 8:7), but Jesus was informed that was not needed as the centurion was not worthy to have Jesus under his roof, as the centurion was a leader and often told other men to Go and He goeth..ect (Matthew 8:7-10)....thus the exact same TRUTH is revealed in both accounts , the servant was healed without the presence of Jesus being necessary, one simply used the Hebrew custom of Metonymy (Matthew) while the other gives a detailed account in chronological order, just as he said would, due to the target audience (Luke). Thus, there is no contradiction....because it has not been proven that either account is false and COULD not possibly happen...as recorded.

As is the custom....when a parroted shopping list is given. The first question is addressed and then victory is declared by the prima facie evidence of answering one SUPPOSED contradiction. As no answer was really expected....all that was being exampled was an attempt to overwhelm the time of someone with meaningless drivel. If anyone was really interested in being enlightened and edified in an intellectually honest fashion, one would reason with ONE query at a time. I find is amusing, the same tactic is used over and over. If one can be answered with simple COMPREHENSION, then ALL can be answered with as much ease.

Last edited:
Why do you guys waste your time (of which JB seems to have tons) debating that foolish book, IT'S TOTAL CRAP!!!! The bible is the biggest fraud perpetrated on humanity EVER. NONE of that shit ever happened, and no one can prove that it did.

Forum List

Back