New Tennessee Logo

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
There's a bit of an uproar here the last day or two regarding a new logo for Tennessee. I was wondering if there are other Tennesseans here who have an opinion about the thing. Yesterday was the first time I became aware that this was being done - some watchdog group let it out that this thing came at a price of some $46,000+/- to Tennessee taxpayers.

We currently have what, in my opinion, is a very elegant three stars in a circle. The new logo is, also in my opinion, an ugly, non-impressive, unimaginative and downright embarrassing TN over a blue and white bar at the bottom. Some kindergarten child could have come up with this and perhaps the money could have gone to improvements at that child's school.

Any other Tennesseans here ... ???

5 miles or so over the border in nc.....what was wrong with the stars? that is the one i know...the new one sucks.....looks like an ut ad

Ah, yes ... the Big Orange Power T. Well, that's another controversy in and of itself - the powers that be at UT are doing away with the "Lady Vols" image (other than for the girls basketball team out of respect for Pat Summitt). That has people in an uproar as well. I'm not much of a sports fan as such, but there's a saying that "If it ain't broke - don't fix it."

$46K for THIS? Sounds like someone knew someone who was related to someone ...

7835634_G.jpg

Thank you, Holly. God's done a pretty good job of it so far - in His own time. I'm close to Knoxville as well - about 18 miles north - between Knoxville and Rocky Top (now that we officially have a place called Rocky Top. LOL!)
I have to agree with Luddly - the new logo sucks.

Forum List

Back