New TEA Partier Here

... switched my support to Mitt Romney for '12 when Paul abandoned the American principles of being pro-business, pro-jobs, and pro-Israel.

I'm new to the boards but not new to the TEA Party. I volunteered for Mitt Romney in 2012 and will do so again when he runs in 2016. I hope I can get to know my fellow patriots here.

Mitt Romney?

Clue: Get one today

What do you have against Mitt Romney? Are you a liberal?

What I have against Romney is summed up in your reason for supporting him (bolded above).

... switched my support to Mitt Romney for '12 when Paul abandoned the American principles of being pro-business, pro-jobs, and pro-Israel.

I'm new to the boards but not new to the TEA Party. I volunteered for Mitt Romney in 2012 and will do so again when he runs in 2016. I hope I can get to know my fellow patriots here.

Mitt Romney?

What I have against Romney is summed up in your reason for supporting him (bolded above).

So you want America to be jobless and poor with no hope of ever having a job because there aren't any businesses hiring, and you want us to abandon our only allied country in the world.

Mitt Romney?

So you want America to be jobless and poor with no hope of ever having a job because there aren't any businesses hiring, and you want us to abandon our only allied country in the world.

Did I say that? Nope. I just don't think government has any authority to promote business, jobs or Israel. We create government to protect our freedom, not to tell us how to live.

Mitt Romney?

Did I say that? Nope. I just don't think government has any authority to promote business, jobs or Israel. We create government to protect our freedom, not to tell us how to live.

And for what it's worth, Ron Paul didn't 'abandon' those principles. He never held them in the first place. If you thought he did, you were supporting RP for all the wrong reasons.

Are you a follower of the original Tea Party or one of the newer types who usurped the TP? Your support of Mitt kinda answers that question though.

Oh..how clever!..framing the question so no matter what the answer is it will "support" your (obvious) bias.

"Do you still beat your wife"?
Dude, your inability to comprehend what you read is not MY problem. He could have answered "I'm a long time original member of the Tea Party.", and that would have been sufficient.

I'm not sure what you consider the original TEA Party. I'm a member of the TEA Party Patriots and have been almost since the group started. I have been a follower of the grassroots, unorganized Tea Party movement since Ron Paul's run for the '08 election but switched my support to Mitt Romney for '12 when Paul abandoned the American principles of being pro-business, pro-jobs, and pro-Israel.

Mitt Romney?

^ How to spot a poseur

Forum List

Back