New talent pool for Obama Cabinet found

anyone keeping score on how many people in his cabinet actually paid their taxers?

Federal workers owe more than $3 billion in income taxes they failed to pay in 2008 . According to Internal Revenue Service documents, 276,300 federal employees and retirees owe $3,042,200,000.

Um guys ,Bush was president in 2008

WASHINGTON - At a time when the White House is projecting the largest deficit in the nation's history, Uncle Sam is trying to recover billions of dollars in unpaid taxes from its own employees.

Feds owe Uncle Sam $3B in unpaid taxes - wtop.com

:lol:

If the government can't prevent this kind of waste/fraud for a measly 3B, tell me again how it will work when they try and prevent waste/fraud in Medicare to the tune of $500B (give or take)? Oh yes, yes . . . . they said so.

Federal workers owe more than $3 billion in income taxes they failed to pay in 2008 . According to Internal Revenue Service documents, 276,300 federal employees and retirees owe $3,042,200,000.

and 2008 taxes are due on april 15, 2009.
I guess you didn't have to file.

I don't care who is or was President. This is ridiculous plus.

Maybe you failed to read carefully enough ,Failed to pay in 2008.

How can they be deliquent if they are not due yet?

?!

This is December 2009...

WASHINGTON - At a time when the White House is projecting the largest deficit in the nation's history, Uncle Sam is trying to recover billions of dollars in unpaid taxes from its own employees.

If the government can't prevent this kind of waste/fraud for a measly 3B, tell me again how it will work when they try and prevent waste/fraud in Medicare to the tune of $500B (give or take)? Oh yes, yes . . . . they said so.

This post says it ALL!!!!

earth to truthmatters....major Tom calling...

Postal Service Employees Owed $300M in Taxes, IRS Data Shows

Maybe their tax payments got lost in the mail.

The U.S. Postal Service turns out to have more tax delinquents in its ranks than any other federal agency or department, according to the Internal Revenue Service.

IRS statistics from 2008 detailing the amount of money federal workers failed to pay the government in taxes showed postal service employees owed $297.93 million -- nearly 10 percent of the $3.04 billion owed by federal employees and retirees from dozens of agencies.

The tax gap among federal workers comes at a time when the federal government is running record deficits and trying to raise the $12 trillion debt limit so that it can continue spending at record levels next year.

FOXNews.com - Postal Service Employees Owed $300M in Taxes, IRS Data Shows

Gives a whole new meaning to the term 'going postal', doesn't it?

Great find, Del, and soooooooooooo true. Last year the IRS sent me a bill for $2.00, I am not kidding, my husband thought he would just ignore this $2 dollar under-payment but there is no way I am not sending that in to them, because they would add on interest and penalties and this little $2 could turn into god knows what? $2,000.:lol::lol::lol:

The documents show delinquent employees from nearly every federal agency with more than 25 employees. Based on percentages, the Department of The Treasury, which includes the IRS, has the best compliance rate. Fewer than 1 percent of Treasury employees didn't pay their taxes in 2008.

The IRS is the only federal agency where employees can be fired for not paying their taxes. The non-compliance rate for IRS employees in 2008 was 0.76 percent -- down from 0.89 percent in 2007.

Notice it is reporting on delinquent employees. That means previous years.

Forum List

Back